"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this plugin, fantastic work!

But is there any way to set it up to e-mail you if there is an issue rather than it constantly e-mailing me every hour,

as I have it set up to mail my phone, but I only want to know if there is a fault.

I've probably overlooked something, but can't seem to set it up how I want it.

Cheers :D

Under 'E-mail Notifications' on the 'Settings' page', change, 'Email Frequency' to 1440.  That will cause it to only send an E-mail once a day.

Thanks for that,

Does that mean if I set it at 1440 now, I'll receive and e-mail every day at that time I set it? or is there a default time of day it sends it.

Since no one else replied back, I will give you my assumption.  It will be after 1440 minutes after you click on 'Apply'.

Now, if you really want to know, enter '30' in the box and note the time when you click on 'Apply'.  Watch the times on the E-mail messages and you can report back here with your findings. 

I just got it working (fresh install of simplefeatures on a .11 upgrade)...however, creating the plugins folder and dumping the files in there didn't do the install.  I had to telnet to the box and enter this:

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

Then reboot..that got it up and running for me.

Does 1.0.5 work alright with RC11?

The only thing I have found not to work is the ability to drill down on a share to get a list of files.  I am assuming that the new folder/file 'locations' feature introduced in rc11 broke this and that SF will need an upgrade to handle this.

Does 1.0.5 work alright with RC11?

The only thing I have found not to work is the ability to drill down on a share to get a list of files.  I am assuming that the new folder/file 'locations' feature introduced in rc11 broke this and that SF will need an upgrade to handle this.

Does work here just nicely using 1.05 and rc11.

I just got it working (fresh install of simplefeatures on a .11 upgrade)...however, creating the plugins folder and dumping the files in there didn't do the install.  I had to telnet to the box and enter this:

I've had this exact same issue.

I'm building an unraid server for my friend and put him the latest RC on. I also had problems installing the plugins. I had to telnet to the server and install each module individually, which isn't a problem but wouldn't be immediately obvious to some one who is new to unraid.

For you copy and pasting pleasure (make sure you start with the top one):

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.cache.dirs-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.dns.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.s3.sleep-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

Also, with the latest RC, I had issues adding a new disk to the array but that is for another thread. I've downgraded my buddy to rc8a which seems to be relatively stable for me.

I've had this exact same issue.

Me too man, had to run the installpkg on each one, 11 out of 11 :)

I've removed my providers smtp server and using a gmail account, now an email message is sent to the gmail account, which is weird, why is this working and not the other account?

Still, i'm using my normal email as a recipient, but it looks like simplefeatures only sends the mail to the mailbox account (gmail in this case) and NOT to the additional recipients?

Also, as 'sending adress' i HAVE to use the gmail account email adress, where basically i want something like '[email protected]'.

f*ck ^%$^%$ this happened before, while changing settings in the email plugin, the whole system gets unresponsive, web interface hangs... %$#$%#$% have to powerdown and reboot. I guess i just remove this plugin and try again when a new version arrives that does work.

*edit* even clean powerdown could not powerdown... had to to a hard reset *yikes*... this is the 2nd time this happens when trying to get this plugin to work. I would seriously advise NOT using this plugin, its an accident waiting to happen...

Have a minor issue with Simplefeatures.

I did an update from 1.0RC2 to 1.05, because i updated unraid to the last RC.

My problem now is that Simplefeatures shows the S3 Sleep Script as running (and it runs and works) on the settings page, but on the same page the settings are saying that the S3 Sleep Script is disabled.

Any thoughts about that?

f*ck ^%$^%$ this happened before, while changing settings in the email plugin, the whole system gets unresponsive, web interface hangs... %$#$%#$% have to powerdown and reboot. I guess i just remove this plugin and try again when a new version arrives that does work.

*edit* even clean powerdown could not powerdown... had to to a hard reset *yikes*... this is the 2nd time this happens when trying to get this plugin to work. I would seriously advise NOT using this plugin, its an accident waiting to happen...

Yeah this plugin is not very good. I have a cron job that runs every 3 minutes and this thing was sending me a useless email every 3 minutes.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk HD

I just updated to 5rc11a and am of the impression that I need to run the newperms script if coming from rc8a, since the rc10 and newer use a new security model.

I went to the utilities section of Simple Features, and click on the new permissions link and it opens a new firefox window with the following text...

/usr/local/sbin/newperms enable nobody 8082 /usr/local/sabnzbd /mnt/cache/plugins/sabnzbd yes yes yes master

completed, elapsed time: 00:00:00

I'm not sure why it only seems to want to run it on that folder, other than the fact that I manually ran it on that folder as part of my upgrade, trying to allow me to copy files from that folder to an array disk, so that I could remove my cache drive.

I'm guessing it's keeping some information from the last time it ran the newperms command, but can't imagine why it would do that.

so, can anyone give me the actual command I should run from a PuTTy window, to get the whole array 'fixed'?

I suppose I could just run it on each user share, since there are only 6, but figured I'd ask first.

Thanks

I'm guessing it's keeping some information from the last time it ran the newperms command, but can't imagine why it would do that.

so, can anyone give me the actual command I should run from a PuTTy window, to get the whole array 'fixed'?

I suppose I could just run it on each user share, since there are only 6, but figured I'd ask first.

Thanks

I think what it normally does is run on each disk instead of each share. Hadn't heard of it running like you mentioned

Yeah, I agree that that's what it's supposed to do, but that's not what's happening.  I was just guessing at why it seemed to do what it did.

Hopefully someone knows the actual newperms script so I can just run it manually.

It is just "newperms" followed by a path to the files. I recently ran it on a download folder of mine like so:

newperms /mnt/user/Bin/NZBs/Downloads/complete/*

Yeah, I agree that that's what it's supposed to do, but that's not what's happening.  I was just guessing at why it seemed to do what it did.

Hopefully someone knows the actual newperms script so I can just run it manually.

You are running RC11a which is a special test version.  Try with RC11.

You might also want to clear your browser cache, and try again.

I'm currently running without a parity drive but noticed that when the server wakes from sleep the array is automatically started.  This doesn't happen on a fresh boot.  I presume the sleep/wake up script is starting the array but can't find any reference to it in settings/logs.

Is there an ETA on the new simplefeatures version ?  I have the impression that some stuff does not completly work with the latest V5 release, I have had a few freezes of the webinterface while emhttp was still running (no OOM stuff).

Also a nice idea: Would it be possible to give an overall piechart showing distribution of storage per share over the whole array ?  I am thinking of a piechart showing something like: 50% Movies, 40% Series, 10% User ?  Or as another option: 30% movies, 20% series, 5% user and 45% free

• Squid locked this topic