"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Have a minor issue with Simplefeatures.

I did an update from 1.0RC2 to 1.05, because i updated unraid to the last RC.

My problem now is that Simplefeatures shows the S3 Sleep Script as running (and it runs and works) on the settings page, but on the same page the settings are saying that the S3 Sleep Script is disabled.

Any thoughts about that?

Any thoughts about that?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a nice idea: Would it be possible to give an overall piechart showing distribution of storage per share over the whole array ?  I am thinking of a piechart showing something like: 50% Movies, 50% Series, 5% User ?

+1

BUT 50 + 50 + 5 = 105 ???:))

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Have an issue with SF Web Server on unRAID Server 5.0-rc11 AiO. The primary management web interface (http://tower) is not accessible once simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg installed (tried manual install and rebooting).

Also tried with simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg and simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg as ONLY plugins.

When removing simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg and rebooting the tower, the web interface is available again.

Any help appreciated.

I installed SF 1.05 today. One thing I noticed that the Health page is responding rather slow. Is this to be expacted? I have 2 disks on a ARC1200 controller and 15 array disks on 2 M1015 controllers. SMART reports also appear rather slow, after about 30 sec waiting. Might be my hardware setup. Just like to know.

I installed SF 1.05 today. One thing I noticed that the Health page is responding rather slow. Is this to be expacted? I have 2 disks on a ARC1200 controller and 15 array disks on 2 M1015 controllers. SMART reports also appear rather slow, after about 30 sec waiting. Might be my hardware setup. Just like to know.

Try spinning up all of your drives using the button on the Main Page.  That has a significant effect on the response time on my system.

Yeah, I agree that that's what it's supposed to do, but that's not what's happening.  I was just guessing at why it seemed to do what it did.

Hopefully someone knows the actual newperms script so I can just run it manually.

You are running RC11a which is a special test version.  Try with RC11.

You might also want to clear your browser cache, and try again.

Clearing browser cache didn't change anything, and there's nothing in the only 2 changes in 11a that sounds like it would affect this...

Changes from 5.0-rc10 to 5.0-rc11a

----------------------------------

- shfs: return correct extended attribute value length

- webGui: for 'FTP user(s)', permit multiple usernames separated by spaces

So, does anyone have the actual newperms script that I can just run manually?

So, does anyone have the actual newperms script that I can just run manually?

You can find the newperms script with

which newperms

I get

/usr/local/sbin/newperms

then

cat /usr/local/sbin/newperms

produces

#!/bin/bash

# Usage: newperms [dir] [owner] [group]
# Recursively changes the ownership and permissions of the directory and all files/subdirs
# within the directory.
# If no arguments given, operates on /mnt/cache and /mnt/disk*, setting owner:group to nobody:users
# default owner is 'nobody', default group is 'users'

# This was created to fix ownership/permissions when upgrading to unRAID version 5.

# With corrections suggested by forum member Stokkes

# Here's a breakdown of chmod "u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X"
#  u-x     Clear the 'x' bit in the user permissions (leaves rw as-is)
#  go-rwx  Clear the 'rwx' bits in both the group and other permissions
#  go+u    Copy the user permissions to group and other
#  ugo+X   Set the 'x' bit for directories in user, group, and other

function process {
  if [ -e "$1" ] ; then
    owner=nobody
    group=users
    if [ $# -ge 2 ]; then
      owner=$2
    fi
    if [ $# -ge 3 ]; then
      group=$3
    fi
    echo processing "$1"
    echo ... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X "$1"
    chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X "$1"
    echo ... chown -R $owner:$group "$1"
    chown -R $owner:$group "$1"
    echo ... sync
    sync
  fi
}

if [ -n "$1" ] ; then
  process "$@"
else
  process /mnt/cache
  for disk in /mnt/disk* ; do
    process $disk
  done
fi

secs=$SECONDS
printf "completed, elapsed time: %.2d:%.2d:%.2d\n" $(($secs/3600)) $(($secs%3600/60)) $(($secs%60))

With the right software (7-zip) it is possible to unpack the archive in bzroot and examine it in Windows. The files in this archive are unpacked into the RAMfs when unRAID boots. In the archive you can find, for example, the file /usr/local/sbin/newperms

I just used that method to do a file compare between the rc11 and rc11a newperms scripts and they are identical.

I can't get the email plug-in to work... when i test it, it shows "mail sent" I see it in the inbox of the account that i am sending from, but it never gets delivered to the address that I am sending to. i've checked spam.

This is my "services" account, a gmail account that I use for most automated/system type things.

I can't get the email plug-in to work... when i test it, it shows "mail sent" I see it in the inbox of the account that i am sending from, but it never gets delivered to the address that I am sending to. i've checked spam.

This is my "services" account, a gmail account that I use for most automated/system type things.

The Test button on the Setup SMTP page will send the test email to the address set in "Account email address" on the Setup SMTP page. Is that is what it is doing? The purpose of that page is to configure the server (smtp) the emails are sent from and also to configure the login information for that server.

The addresses on the Setup Email page do not get used for the test. Those addresses control where the notifications get sent To:

Different notifications can be sent to different recipients.

The Test button on the Setup SMTP page will send the test email to the address set in "Account email address" on the Setup SMTP page. Is that is what it is doing? The purpose of that page is to configure the server (smtp) the emails are sent from and also to configure the login information for that server.

The addresses on the Setup Email page do not get used for the test. Those addresses control where the notifications get sent To:

Different notifications can be sent to different recipients.

ah okay - so that's really just the test email address - that's what it is doing.

so - in Setup Email, Email recipients: and Error recipients would be my email addresses that I want alerted in case of an issue? and Sending Address is who it should appear to come from?

thanks!

For some reason (and this started a month or so ago) the SimpleFeatures webserver does not start automatically after a reboot.

The settings in the website show it as enabled but not running. Basically all I do is press APPLY and then it starts.. I quite frequently forget this and this makes the webserver and from that several other tools unaccessible untill I remember... Anyone any idea ?

Syslog does not show anything specific:

eb 15 14:34:35 Tower logger: +==============================================================================
Feb 15 14:34:35 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz
Feb 15 14:34:35 Tower logger: +==============================================================================
Feb 15 14:34:35 Tower logger: 
Feb 15 14:34:36 Tower logger: Verifying package simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz.
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger: Installing package simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz:
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger: PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger: Package simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz installed.
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger: 
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger: 
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger: success
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.web.server.png: already exists
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures.webServer/images/webserver.png: successfully copied LOCAL file
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /tmp/plugin-cleanup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-cleanup ... success
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /etc/rc.d/rc.lighttpd: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:   successfully changed file mode
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /etc/rc.d/rc.snmpd: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:   successfully changed file mode
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /tmp/web/index.html: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:  file /tmp/plugin-install: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Feb 15 14:34:38 Tower logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-install ... executing !
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: 
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: *************************************************************
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: * SimpleFeatures Web Server has been installed.
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: * This plugin requires SimpleFeatures webGUI to operate
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: * Copyright 2012, Bergware International & Andrew Hamer-Adams
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: * Version: 1.0.5 
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: *************************************************************
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: 
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger: success
Feb 15 14:34:39 Tower logger:  plugin successfully installed

The webserver php error log shows the following:

/usr/bin/tail -n 1000 -f /var/log/lighttpd/php.errors.log
[15-Feb-2013 13:35:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: string in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/airvideo/airvideoctl.php on line 122
[15-Feb-2013 13:35:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: string in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/mysql/mysqlctl.php on line 142
[15-Feb-2013 13:35:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: results in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/mysql/mysqlctl.php on line 98

Ever since I installed SF 1.05 isee the following lines in the syslog:

Feb 16 23:21:27 Tower1 emhttp: title not found (Other emhttp)

What is the meaning of this? I also can just access my server by typing the ip-adress.

It means you haven't upgraded to RC11!  See this in the RC11 change notes:

emhttp: fixed spurious "title not found" log entries

• Squid locked this topic