"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

wow, 6 new pages re the new version in one day!  From reading all the posts, I guess the main thing is to completely remove the old version, then install the new version.

Will I lose my email notify settings as a result of upgrading?

There sounds like there is a few bugs to work out in this new version.  Should I upgrade now, or give it a few days?

Best idea to start fresh. You will need to enter all info again, however this should be a thing of the past for any future updates.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case it helps...

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

Core 0:

temp2_input: 48.000

temp2_max: 76.000

temp2_crit: 100.000

temp2_crit_alarm: 0.000

Core 1:

temp3_input: 45.000

temp3_max: 76.000

temp3_crit: 100.000

temp3_crit_alarm: 0.000

CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz - 2.5 GHz

thanks for the tip it really was the network settings. however the temp reading seems to be off on my motherboard, because I doubt that my CPU is 128 degrees.

root@Tower:~# sensors -u
coretemp-isa-0000
Core 0:
  temp2_input: 29.000
  temp2_max: 89.000
  temp2_crit: 105.000
Core 2:
  temp4_input: 30.000
  temp4_max: 89.000
  temp4_crit: 105.000
  temp4_crit_alarm: 0.000

atk0110-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
Vcore Voltage:
  in0_input: 0.928
  in0_min: 0.850
  in0_max: 1.600
+3.3 Voltage:
  in1_input: 3.360
  in1_min: 2.970
  in1_max: 3.630
+5 Voltage:
  in2_input: 5.017
  in2_min: 4.500
  in2_max: 5.500
+12 Voltage:
  in3_input: 12.144
  in3_min: 10.200
  in3_max: 13.800
CPU FAN Speed:
  fan1_input: 1062.000
  fan1_min: 600.000
  fan1_max: 7200.000
CHASSIS FAN Speed:
  fan2_input: 0.000
  fan2_min: 600.000
  fan2_max: 7200.000
CPU Temperature:
  temp1_input: 128.000
  temp1_max: 60.000
  temp1_crit: 95.000
MB Temperature:
  temp2_input: 26.000
  temp2_max: 55.000
  temp2_crit: 95.000

I like the new disk stats page, but i'd like to suggest that the percentages be placed on the right side of the bars instead of all on the left.  As it is now, I have a couple of disks with 99% usage, but that number sits on the green portion of the bar, so visually, I think "okay" since it's on the green.  Of course that's incorrect, but having the number on the color that actually applies seems more 'intuitive' to me.

Also, the 70% and the 90% orange dotted lines are nice, but the 70% and 90% in orange sit right on top of the white numbers right below them.  Maybe the white numbers should just be orange, and the currently orange numbers, which are turned 90 degrees can be eliminated (no sense in having the 2 numbers so close together).

Not complaints, just some suggestions to consider.  i appreciate all that you do for us!

root@P8H67:~# sensors -u

coretemp-isa-0000

Physical id 0:

temp1_input: 48.000

temp1_max: 82.000

temp1_crit: 102.000

temp1_crit_alarm: 0.000

Core 0:

temp2_input: 48.000

temp2_max: 82.000

temp2_crit: 102.000

Core 1:

temp3_input: 48.000

temp3_max: 82.000

temp3_crit: 102.000

am i supposed to be able to read the temperature on the front page?

i might be getting old but this thingie is awfully small :(

also your bar is not displaying right on smaller moniitors

here is my 24 inch mon where it is OK

mymain50b6a.jpg

here is my 19 inch mon where logs and info are dropped to a line lower

mymainsmallmon.jpg

this is from the other server where temp works !!

but same tab issues

19inch screen

tvserversmall.jpg

24 inch screen

tvserverbig.jpg

for good meassure

sensors -u
coretemp-isa-0000
Core 0:
  temp2_input: 56.000
  temp2_max: 78.000
Core 1:
  temp3_input: 57.000
  temp3_max: 78.000

atk0110-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
Vcore Voltage:
  in0_input: 1.160
  in0_min: 0.850
  in0_max: 1.600
+3.3 Voltage:
  in1_input: 3.264
  in1_min: 2.970
  in1_max: 3.630
+5 Voltage:
  in2_input: 4.966
  in2_min: 4.500
  in2_max: 5.500
+12 Voltage:
  in3_input: 12.513
  in3_min: 10.200
  in3_max: 13.800
CPU FAN Speed:
  fan1_input: 3276.000
  fan1_min: 600.000
  fan1_max: 7200.000
CHASSIS1 FAN Speed:
  fan2_input: 0.000
  fan2_min: 800.000
  fan2_max: 7200.000
CHASSIS2 FAN Speed:
  fan3_input: 1010.000
  fan3_min: 800.000
  fan3_max: 7200.000
POWER FAN Speed:
  fan4_input: 843.000
  fan4_min: 800.000
  fan4_max: 7200.000
CPU Temperature:
  temp1_input: 60.500
  temp1_max: 60.000
  temp1_crit: 95.000
MB Temperature:
  temp2_input: 49.000
  temp2_max: 45.000
  temp2_crit: 95.000

Hope this helps

Thanks for the update to this plugin!

One question though, why are there two cache_dirs option pages now?

I have "Folder Caching" and "Cache Directories", the first says it is not running and the second says it is running.

I thought I removed all of the previous settings, did I miss one somewhere?

I have "Folder Caching" and "Cache Directories", the first says it is not running and the second says it is running.

You have now two different plugins running!

Remove the "cache directories" plugin, it is separate and not part of SF.

thanks for the tip it really was the network settings. however the temp reading seems to be off on my motherboard, because I doubt that my CPU is 128 degrees.

The CPU critical temperature is 95 degrees, the reading is either wrong or soon you have a fried processor  ;D

You have now two different plugins running!

Remove the "cache directories" plugin, it is separate and not part of SF.

Ahh, thanks a lot. I did forget to remove that plugin.

I like the new disk stats page, but i'd like to suggest that the percentages be placed on the right side of the bars instead of all on the left.  As it is now, I have a couple of disks with 99% usage, but that number sits on the green portion of the bar, so visually, I think "okay" since it's on the green.  Of course that's incorrect, but having the number on the color that actually applies seems more 'intuitive' to me.

The usage of the colors should give you an immediate indication. Yellow and red are used in the "warning" and "critical" zone.

There is a new setting in stats to put the display of the percentage value left or right. The "right" alignment however puts the number after the bar, this won't work well when disks are 99% full.

I strongly recommend you move data around, there is a performance impact with reiserfs when disks are nearly full.

Also, the 70% and the 90% orange dotted lines are nice, but the 70% and 90% in orange sit right on top of the white numbers right below them.  Maybe the white numbers should just be orange, and the currently orange numbers, which are turned 90 degrees can be eliminated (no sense in having the 2 numbers so close together).

Somehow your display got mixed up. Normally the orange numbers are inside the graph while the white numbers are below the graph. What screen resolution are you using?

disk_stats_table.png.10abf35f9ce2fc5ed998be806d4debc5.png

am i supposed to be able to read the temperature on the front page?

i might be getting old but this thingie is awfully small :(

also your bar is not displaying right on smaller moniitors

here is my 24 inch mon where it is OK

mymain50b6a.jpg

here is my 19 inch mon where logs and info are dropped to a line lower

mymainsmallmon.jpg

this is from the other server where temp works !!

but same tab issues

19inch screen

tvserversmall.jpg

24 inch screen

tvserverbig.jpg

Looking at your pictures I notice the font size of the temperature display isn't correct, this indicates the wrong style is read or not present. Did you try to clear the cache of the browser and reload the page?

Btw I am using a 19 inch screen and all is working fine.

Will I lose my email notify settings as a result of upgrading?

Yes, it is clearly stated that this is a new install. Note your settings down and re-enter them after upgrade.

There sounds like there is a few bugs to work out in this new version.  Should I upgrade now, or give it a few days?

That is only the sounds :)

People have issues with the web server plugin, these have been corrected.

People have issues with the temperature reading, this is work in progress.

Could you please give us a quick how to on the iTunes server? It's one of the main reasons I build an unraid server!

I have my music stored in a share called Music, and I copied my .itl file from my main iTunes library, is this the db file I should specify, and should it be in the same directory as my music?

I'm sure a quick how to would clear everything up!

The usage of the colors should give you an immediate indication. Yellow and red are used in the "warning" and "critical" zone.

There is a new setting in stats to put the display of the percentage value left or right. The "right" alignment however puts the number after the bar, this won't work well when disks are 99% full.

It seems the default is set for 'right' alignment, but I'm still seeing all numbers on the left, no matter how full any individual disk is.  however, as i said before, and you also said, the red and yellow are pretty clear indications of a problem.  I only suggested putting the numbers on the right, over the red/yellow color to make it even more clear.

You said that it should put the numbers after the bars, but if it put them inside the bars that would do what I was suggesting, not a big deal though, either way.

I strongly recommend you move data around, there is a performance impact with reiserfs when disks are nearly full.

Yeah, I'm working on getting a couple of new disks cleared, but they seem to have some issues, and it seems like I'm going to have to buy a new disk instead; good times :(

Somehow your display got mixed up. Normally the orange numbers are inside the graph while the white numbers are below the graph. What screen resolution are you using?

Actually, they do display they way you indicate, but the numbers are so close that I just thought it might be better to only use one of them, instead of having the 2 numbers almost on top of each other.  Probably not worth changing, I just thought I'd mention it as being 'less than ideal', but again, not a big deal.

temps.jpg.fd7fbc8c728f87f44ce54f52d57702e8.jpg

Hi, thanks for updating one of my favourite "Plugins".

One thing i came across is that in an virtual environment (VMWare ESXi in my case)

because of the fact there are no sensors for the virtual machine.

the console gets spammed with "no sensors found" messages, so... is it possible to 

implement a function where i can choose if i want to use the sensors functionality or not?

A second issue is that the newer ssl packages conflict with the one installed via unmenue

which breaks my ssh server. maybe i can resolve that by myself by installing the needed

packages manually will have a look on that later i guess...

In the meantime i rolled back to 1.0.5

thanks in advance!

Could you please give us a quick how to on the iTunes server? It's one of the main reasons I build an unraid server!

I have my music stored in a share called Music, and I copied my .itl file from my main iTunes library, is this the db file I should specify, and should it be in the same directory as my music?

I'm sure a quick how to would clear everything up!

You just specify where you want the database to go (recommend cache disk), and specify the directory for your music folder on the server. The iTunes server will analyse the music folder, and share it out with the name you chose in the settings.

Essentially it's not re-sharing your real iTunes Library, simply sharing your music folder in a way iTunes and other media players understand. It will pick up any changes when you add new music. It should also be able to transcode FLAC and other media files on the fly.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

X9SCM-F but in a VM gives me this for sensors -u:

coretemp-isa-0000
Physical id 0:
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp1_input: Can't read
  temp1_max: 100.000
  temp1_crit: 100.000
  temp1_crit_alarm: 0.000
Core 0:
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp2_input: Can't read
  temp2_max: 100.000
Core 1:
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp3_input: Can't read
  temp3_max: 100.000

Spams the console with the same - guess temps via VMWare are a little different?  Not sure.  Have removed the temp plugin for now.

Installation was - put .plg's in /boot/plugins, remove /boot/config/plugins/simple*, including the simpleFeatures folder and reboot.

Thursday all was fine, I could download at full speed. Then I installed SF and the problems with downloading began. I tried the same NZB on my testserver on the same network but without SF installed. Downloads were at full speed. I then uninstalled SF on my regular server. Fed the same NZB to SABNZB and full speed downloads were back again.

I fail to see the relation between SF and SABNZB...

What SF plugins are you using?

Not using SF now. But I was using core, health, system info, system stats and activity monitor.

Thursday all was fine, I could download at full speed. Then I installed SF and the problems with downloading began. I tried the same NZB on my testserver on the same network but without SF installed. Downloads were at full speed. I then uninstalled SF on my regular server. Fed the same NZB to SABNZB and full speed downloads were back again.

I fail to see the relation between SF and SABNZB...

What SF plugins are you using?

Not using SF now. But I was using core, health, system info, system stats and activity monitor.

Would be interesting, if you could get us a syslog.

None of those plugins should affect network or download speeds in the slightest. The only plugin in there that might affect anything is system stats, but that just does data collection. I'm more than happy to be corrected however. If true, that would be what I'd call a major bug  ;)

Is it possible to test by installing just the core plugin, then each plugin one by one until you get the issue?

Thank you.

I see in the new version of SF that the main screen also shows any disks present that are NOT part of the array.  However the disk Health screen only shows those that ARE part of the array.  Would it not be a good idea to also be able to get the Health of any disks that are NOT yet part of the array? 

I see in the new version of SF that the main screen also shows any disks present that are NOT part of the array.  However the disk Health screen only shows those that ARE part of the array.  Would it not be a good idea to also be able to get the Health of any disks that are NOT yet part of the array?

+1  :)

• Squid locked this topic