"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Thursday all was fine, I could download at full speed. Then I installed SF and the problems with downloading began. I tried the same NZB on my testserver on the same network but without SF installed. Downloads were at full speed. I then uninstalled SF on my regular server. Fed the same NZB to SABNZB and full speed downloads were back again.

I fail to see the relation between SF and SABNZB...

What SF plugins are you using?

Not using SF now. But I was using core, health, system info, system stats and activity monitor.

Would be interesting, if you could get us a syslog.

None of those plugins should affect network or download speeds in the slightest. The only plugin in there that might affect anything is system stats, but that just does data collection. I'm more than happy to be corrected however. If true, that would be what I'd call a major bug  ;)

Is it possible to test by installing just the core plugin, then each plugin one by one until you get the issue?

Thank you.

Meanwhile I updated to unraid 5.0RC11 and SF 1.0.11. with disk health and preclear and system info, stats, temp. Downloads run at full speed now. And SF seems a bit faster. I get 2 green blocks for CPU and MB temperature but where do I see the actual reading of temps?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bonienl, I was just wondering if you'd had any setbacks, or if network bonding was still in the cards for the next release.  I've got enough 'issues' to deal with at the moment that I'm not really concerned with trying to make it work outside of Simple Features, but I would still like to take advantage of my extra NIC and cat6 cabling, whenever it becomes a bit more "automated".

thanks!

That is excellent, thank you.  When will the version be available that has your work included?

I suppose that I probably don't need it, based on both of you telling me Gigabit should be fast enough, but it probably won't hurt anything :)

This functionality is currently under testing, it is not included in the upcoming release of SF, but might be in the one after that.

Bonding is not only about throughput increase, it can also be used to increase system availability. I have set it to "Active-Standby" whereby the server keeps reachable when the main interface should fail...

Btw also working for me is "Adaptive load balancing", this mode distributes transmit and receive packets over both interfaces, this allows for both increased capacity and fault tolerance without the need of special settings required on the "switch" side.

For those who want more colored icons (these are not part of simpleFeatures)

simpleFeatures.active.streams.png

Active Streams

simpleFeatures.activity.monitor.png

Activity Monitoring

simpleFeatures.log.viewer.png

Logs

simpleFeatures.system.info.png

System Info

simpleFeatures.disk.preclear.png

Disk Preclear

simpleFeatures.email.notify.png

Email Notifications

simpleFeatures.cache.dirs.png

Folder Caching

simpleFeatures.s3.sleep.png

S3 Sleep

simpleFeatures.system.stats.png

System Stats

Right-click an image and store it in the /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures folder.

You need to reboot to make the change effective.

I copied these icons over and rebooted, but still have the default icons.  I tried clearing the browser cache and tried with both IE and then Chrome.

Any idea?

Lately, I've been skeptical about installing plugins because I have been afraid of messing up my server.  I bit the bullet, followed the instructions and installed simple features.  All I've got to say is this plugin is AWESOME.

Thank you for all your hard work.  If we ever meet I'll buy your guys some beers  :)

Just upgaded from 1.0.5.  Very nice work!  Everything went fine.  had a message about the date and time and not to rely on the System, but after confirming the Date and Time settings and a reboot, that went away.

I don't have the cpu or mb temps either, like others.  Here is the sensor -u output:

root@Tower:~# sensors -u

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

Core 0:

temp2_input: 59.000

temp2_max: 86.000

temp2_crit: 100.000

temp2_crit_alarm: 0.000

Core 1:

temp3_input: 59.000

temp3_max: 86.000

temp3_crit: 100.000

temp3_crit_alarm: 0.000

I enabled Folder Caching, and then enabled "Scan User Shares".  The boxes below that, Min, Max intervals and Max scan level are all blank.  I seem to recall those boxes had values before.  Do I need to set those varibles or is it ok to leave them blank?

No icon for iTunes, so I guess that didn't load.  I verified that the file "simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg" is in the /boot/plugins/ folder and rebooted.  If that is suposed to be working and there should be a icon under Settings, I'll reboot again and get the syslog. 

I really like the new Stats screens!

if mine for folder caching I had 30 60 10 for the top 3 boxes so that is what I put in mine...

Myk

Ok, thanks.  I just changed mine to the same. 

I also just noticed that there was an upate to the iTunes plugin, so downloaded SF again and installed the new one, rebooting now.

Update: iTunes icon under settings now, all good.

Other than the temps not showing, I think everything is working great!

Thanks, my bad.  I grabbed the wrong syslog.  They are not there anyomre.  Sorry, I thought they had to do with the email notification plugin.

On another note, I just noticed that clicking the Info button on the Main page pops up a box, but contains nothing.  Is this a known issue?

Thanks, my bad.  I grabbed the wrong syslog.  They are not there anyomre.  Sorry, I thought they had to do with the email notification plugin.

On another note, I just noticed that clicking the Info button on the Main page pops up a box, but contains nothing.  Is this a known issue?

Hmmm, no it's working - possible to restart (and clear your browser cache) and see if that fixes any issues?

I'll have to give the new version another go tomorrow.  Installed as per the instructions (removed the existing version 1st). 

Not sure what I did wrong but the page then refused to display correctly at all, also lost SSH access (and other packages installed via unMENU - not sure how that's happened!)  Tried for hours to get everything up and running again.

Luckily I'd backed up my flash drive earlier so I've reverted to that - all now back as it was.

I'll give ver 1.0.11 another go tomorrow - possibly from a completely fresh install of unRAID.

I get 2 green blocks for CPU and MB temperature but where do I see the actual reading of temps?

See attached

I only saw the green blocks but no temps.

it's a known issue.  I think they are only working with AMD processors at this point, for whatever reason.  (I have the same issue as you)

I have an AMD processor and it is not working on mine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm, no it's working - possible to restart (and clear your browser cache) and see if that fixes any issues?

Clearing cache fixed it.  I did that right after the upgrade, but I had to do it again before this part worked.  In any case, Info works just fine - thanks.

Clearing cache fixed it.  I did that right after the upgrade, but I had to do it again before this part worked.  In any case, Info works just fine - thanks.

Cool!

• Squid locked this topic