"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Not sure what I did wrong last night but had no issues upgrading today - all went fine.

Like the new email notifications - I can now use my normal email account to send mail and no longer have to resort to using gmail.

I'm also having an issue with the temp display :

/boot/plugins# sensors -u
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1:
  temp1_input: 14.125
  temp1_max: 70.000
  temp1_crit: 85.000
  temp1_crit_hyst: 83.000

/boot/plugins# sensors
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1:        +14.1 C  (high = +70.0 C)
                       (crit = +85.0 C, hyst = +83.0 C)

Dual-core AMD, MSI mobo (if it matters).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait for what? For unraid to boot? If so then yes I did, I had to hook up a monitor to my unraid server to reboot it because I couldn't access it over the lan. Just rebooted again after having manually installed the packages I listed above and I can't access unraid via the web browser. And my user shares disappeared, only the disk shares are visible. I can telnet into nope problem, which is good so I can remove the plugin and reboot. I'm going to revert back to 1.0.5 or live without simplefeature for now. This is a bit more then a mirror glitch. (Went back to stock, i.e. no simple features, and everything is back to normal)

Got a log this time but its late and its too big to attach so I'll have to host it somewhere tomorrow. (I know about pastebin but don't have an account to delete my log after) It's crazy the file limit is 192kb! Can't even attach a txt file....  ???

syslog: http://pastebin.com/vqCTb2uj

I had the same issue, had to remove about 5 of the plg files for SF to let unRAID boot. When I get home I will list out the ones that failed for me.

Just wanted to throw a great job guys out there on the latest version, looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Would love to see a display similar to how mymain does in in unmenu so you can see all your drives smart status with ease.

Anyway keep up the great work and thanks

"2. Create folder called "plugins" inside the config folder of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins""

Shouldn't line 2 of the install instructions read "/boot/config/plugins" ??

Even then all the .plg files reference "/boot/plugins" which is outside "config" folder.

I like to keep things tidy so this plg should stay in the "/boot/config/plugins" folder with the rest of my stuff.

Is there some reason why it's creates it's files outside that now?

v1.0.5 had all the support files under "/boot/config/plugins/simplefeatures". That worked great.

"2. Create folder called "plugins" inside the config folder of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins""

Even then all the .plg files reference "/boot/plugins" which is outside "config" folder.

I like to keep things tidy so this plg should stay in the "/boot/config/plugins" folder with the rest of my stuff.

v1.0.5 had all the support files under "/boot/config/plugins/simplefeatures". That worked great.

No - the instructions are correct.

The /boot/config/plugins folder is where the PREVIOUS version of SimpleFeatures was installed.

wait for what? For unraid to boot? If so then yes I did, I had to hook up a monitor to my unraid server to reboot it because I couldn't access it over the lan. Just rebooted again after having manually installed the packages I listed above and I can't access unraid via the web browser. And my user shares disappeared, only the disk shares are visible. I can telnet into nope problem, which is good so I can remove the plugin and reboot. I'm going to revert back to 1.0.5 or live without simplefeature for now. This is a bit more then a mirror glitch. (Went back to stock, i.e. no simple features, and everything is back to normal)

Got a log this time but its late and its too big to attach so I'll have to host it somewhere tomorrow. (I know about pastebin but don't have an account to delete my log after) It's crazy the file limit is 192kb! Can't even attach a txt file....  ???

syslog: http://pastebin.com/vqCTb2uj

I had the same issue, had to remove about 5 of the plg files for SF to let unRAID boot. When I get home I will list out the ones that failed for me.

I also had the same issue.  The core plugin by itself would allow unRAID to boot correctly, but when I installed additional plg files unRAID would boot but all web consoles were unreachable.  You could still telnet to the box, but only via IP addy, not by name.  Web consoles were unreachable via name or IP.

I rolled back to 1.0.5 until this is resolved.

This seems to be the troubled area of the log:

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: Warning: unlink(/boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-i486-1.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-noarch-1

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:  file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:  /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-prepare ... success

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:  file /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-i486-1.txz ... bad download, deleting

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: Warning: unlink(/boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-i486-1.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-noarch-1

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:  file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:  file /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-i486-1.txz ... bad download, deleting

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: Warning: unlink(/boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-i486-1.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-noarch-1

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger:  file /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz ... bad download, deleting

Feb 19 08:09:39 Landfill logger: Warning: unlink(/boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

Feb 19 08:09:40 Landfill unmenu-status: Starting unmenu web-server

The /boot/config/plugins folder is where the PREVIOUS version of SimpleFeatures was installed.

I disagree. It clearly states "Create folder called "plugins" inside the config folder". Then it references a plugins folder (/boot/plugins) that's not inside the config folder.

Can't have it both ways.

When trying to browse the contents of a recently formatted/empty disk I get the following error in Browse.php (see image).

Here's a simple patch to fix this problem with minimal formatting changes:

--- Browse.php.orig	2013-02-19 19:15:06.000000000 -0500
+++ Browse.php	2013-02-19 19:16:50.000000000 -0500
@@ -22,7 +22,7 @@
   $i = 0;
   exec("stat -L -c'%F|%n|%s|%Y' $path", &$file);
   if ($show_disk) exec("/usr/local/sbin/stat_ino -l $path", &$disk);
-  else $disk = array_fill(0, count($file), '');
+  else if (!empty($file)) { $disk = array_fill(0, count($file), '');
   foreach ($file as $entry) {
     $attr = explode('|', $entry);
     $list[] = array(
@@ -55,7 +55,7 @@
       array_multisort($type,$opt, $indx,$opt,SORT_NUMERIC, $name,$opt, $list);
     else
      array_multisort($type,$opt, $indx,$opt, $name,$opt, $list);
-  }
+  } }
// return sorted list
   return $list;
}
@@ -175,6 +175,7 @@
<?endif;?>
   </tr>
<?$dirs=0; $files=0; $total=0;
+  if (!empty($list)):
   foreach ($list as $entry):
?>  <tr>
<?  if ($entry['type']=='directory'):
@@ -199,6 +200,7 @@
   endif;?>
     </tr>
<?endforeach;
+  endif;
   $objs = $dirs + $files;
   $objtext = ($objs == 1)? "1 object" : "{$objs} objects";
   $dirtext = ($dirs == 1)? "1 directory" : "{$dirs} directories";

I also have no temps showing. Here's output from "sensors -u":

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:
  temp1_input: 30.000
  temp1_max: 80.000
  temp1_crit: 99.000
  temp1_crit_alarm: 0.000
Core 0:
  temp2_input: 27.000
  temp2_max: 80.000
  temp2_crit: 99.000
  temp2_crit_alarm: 0.000
Core 1:
  temp3_input: 26.000
  temp3_max: 80.000
  temp3_crit: 99.000
  temp3_crit_alarm: 0.000
Core 2:
  temp4_input: 30.000
  temp4_max: 80.000
  temp4_crit: 99.000
  temp4_crit_alarm: 0.000
Core 3:
  temp5_input: 27.000
  temp5_max: 80.000
  temp5_crit: 99.000
  temp5_crit_alarm: 0.000

And output from "sensors":

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:  +31.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 0:         +27.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 1:         +27.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 2:         +30.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 3:         +26.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)

CapturFiles_2.png.2dacb3859a2d8eeb76cd6f7b52ab482a.png

I disagree. It clearly states "Create folder called "plugins" inside the config folder". Then it references a plugins folder (/boot/plugins) that's not inside the config folder.

Can't have it both ways.

Yeah but why mention a folder that is auto created in the install instructions? I am glad it was mentioned because I then I knew why that folder showed up.

/boot/config/plugins - is the correct place for the .plg file

/boot/config/plugins/simplefeatures - is where 1.0.5 .tgz files are stored

/boot/plugins/ - is auto created by the .plg file in the /boot/config/plugins folder

/boot/plugins/simplefeatures - is where 1.0.11 .txz files are stored

/boot/config/simplefeatures - is where the config files are for 1.0.11

I also have to agree that I like my folders organized, plugins in one folder, config files in another, etc. So this does seem disorganized to me but I read that for v5 final that /boot/plugins is going to become the official plugins folder. Don't remember which post it was so I can't reference it right now.

No it is not. The instructions are incorrect. The new version of these plugins are supposed to go in /boot/plugins. Read through this thread and you will see this was mentioned and the reason for the change.

/boot/plugins/ - is auto created by the .plg file in the /boot/config/plugins folder

This make absolutely no sense.

I suspect people are having issues installing this plugin because the instructions in the op are still incorrect.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

in a nutshell....

delete all SF files/folders from /boot/config/plugins

create /boot/plugins

put NEW SF .plg files in /boot/plugins

reboot

Myk

That's the way.

Looks like the install instructions were corrected a couple minutes ago. Makes sense now. Thanks Speeding_Ant!, SF is great.

No it is not. The instructions are incorrect. The new version of these plugins are supposed to go in /boot/plugins. Read through this thread and you will see this was mentioned and the reason for the change.

This make absolutely no sense.

I suspect people are having issues installing this plugin because the instructions in the op are still incorrect.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Then why does it happen?

I put my the .plg files in /boot/config/plugins and /boot/plugins/ was created on boot, I did not make that folder. It was then filled with the package files (.txz) and the core installed and ran fine, just not during boot, though I never tried booting with only the core plugin.

Not saying I'm right, its just what I experienced.

I think this proves the instructions in the op are confusing/incorrect. EDIT: looks to be corrected.

I would like to try the correct way to install but is it going to make a difference for the "... bad download, deleting" problem?

I ran it but fyi I manually installed the plugins in this order:

simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.cache.dirs-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

Email is the last plugin that successfully installs, all done back to back.

root@Tower:~# ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=1 ttl=47 time=51.3 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=2 ttl=47 time=50.3 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=3 ttl=47 time=49.0 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=4 ttl=47 time=50.0 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=5 ttl=47 time=44.5 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=6 ttl=47 time=46.6 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=7 ttl=47 time=48.8 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=8 ttl=47 time=45.3 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=9 ttl=47 time=44.8 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=10 ttl=47 time=47.6 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=11 ttl=47 time=48.4 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=12 ttl=47 time=49.3 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=13 ttl=47 time=44.6 ms
64 bytes from ve-in-f104.1e100.net (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): icmp_req=14 ttl=47 time=45.2 ms

I also had the same issue.  The core plugin by itself would allow unRAID to boot correctly, but when I installed additional plg files unRAID would boot but all web consoles were unreachable.  You could still telnet to the box, but only via IP addy, not by name.  Web consoles were unreachable via name or IP.

I rolled back to 1.0.5 until this is resolved.

It looks like you have a DNS resolver issue...

Did you use the SF DNS plugin before? If yes make sure your system's DNS settings are correct WITHOUT the DNS plugin.

• Squid locked this topic