"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

I'm not certain this is a simple features problem, or another plugin problem, but it only started after I installed the new simple features, and moved the other plugins to the boot/plugins folder.  When restarting the server, I don't get any web gui, and none of my shares are available in windows.

i can putty in just fine though, none of the user shares are created/available.

As much as I wish there was a way to see the text from the console in any manner other than having a monitor directly connected to the server, i cannot find any way to do this, so here is the text as copied from the photo I took of the screen.

Starting RPC NSM (Network Status Monitor): /sbin/rpc.statd

Starting Internet super-server daemon: /usr/sbin/inetd

Starting NTP daemon: /usr/sbin/ntpd -g

Starting ACPI daemon: /usr/sbin/acpid

Starting sysem message bus: /usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen --ensure ; /usr/bin/dbus-dae

mon --system

/tmp/checkconfig: line 15: break: only meaningful in a 'for', 'while', or 'until

' loop

/usr/bin/php: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0: cannot open sha

red object file: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/php: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0: cannot open sha

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0: ca

nnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Welcome to Linus 3.4.26-unRAID (tty1)

media login:

I'm removing the Apcupsd plugin and rebooting now

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting the same errors. Try removing all traces of SF then do a reboot to stock unraid GUI, no SF plugins in the /boot/plugins folder. Once booted to a clean stock unraid GUI, then place the plugins in /boot/plugins folder you created then reboot again.

I haven't tested this again yet but I noticed that when running stock unraid under the APC UPS Daemon plugin page my ups was recognized and all the info about it was displayed under status. When running SF all I have is

Daemon: Running

UPS: Unknown

Anyone else have that?

Sorry, where can I find the preclear plugin? All I can find is the custom image file for the gui.

The preclear functionality becomes available to disks which are not assigned to the array yet.

Once the array is started, these disks have +++ as their name, click on it and you get access to preclear.

Displaying the temperature works only in Fahremheit, not in Celcius, not a big deal for me. Really like the new GUI. Thanks a lot!

The display of the temperature unit depends on your display settings.

nope. I think you didn't understand what I said. I went to display settings to change it to F because C doesn't work

That is strange because the fahrenheit value is calculated from the celcius value.. It is either both or none...

Well it seems to always be 32F for both cpu and motherboard so I guess it's not working

I also get no temp in Celsius, and have only seen 32 for both temps when switched to Fahrenheit.  Of course, 32 Fahrenheit is correct, if Celsius is zero (or blank?)  ;)

Right a blank (0) celcius value is translated to 32 fahrenheit.

Go to the stats settings page and re-apply the settings, see if that makes a difference...

Tried changing all the setting to something different, apply then done, no effect. Set defaults, apply then done, no effect.

Re-install the stats plugin, it looks like something is missing for you!

(To ensure a proper re-install - remove the stats .plg and .txz files, then reboot, then do a manual installation of the stats plugin)

Just to be clear: all SF plugins need to go in /boot/plugins (do not use /boot/config/plugins)

Followed those instructions to the T, same result. :(

What SF plugins have you installed ?

I'm not certain this is a simple features problem, or another plugin problem, but it only started after I installed the new simple features, and moved the other plugins to the boot/plugins folder.  When restarting the server, I don't get any web gui, and none of my shares are available in windows.

i can putty in just fine though, none of the user shares are created/available.

As much as I wish there was a way to see the text from the console in any manner other than having a monitor directly connected to the server, i cannot find any way to do this, so here is the text as copied from the photo I took of the screen.

Starting RPC NSM (Network Status Monitor): /sbin/rpc.statd

Starting Internet super-server daemon: /usr/sbin/inetd

Starting NTP daemon: /usr/sbin/ntpd -g

Starting ACPI daemon: /usr/sbin/acpid

Starting sysem message bus: /usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen --ensure ; /usr/bin/dbus-dae

mon --system

/tmp/checkconfig: line 15: break: only meaningful in a 'for', 'while', or 'until

' loop

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0: ca

nnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Welcome to Linus 3.4.26-unRAID (tty1)

media login:

I'm removing the Apcupsd plugin and rebooting now

I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but only the SF plugins go into /boot/plugins, all other plugins have to stay where they are.

Wow, when doing a parity check, I will get 80MB/s with no web interface open.

If I open the web interface (Simplefeatures), the parity check speed drops down to about 25MB/s.

SF should not have any impact on the parity speed.

Is the same thing happening when you use the stock GUI ?

If I open the web interface (Simplefeatures), the parity check speed drops down to about 25MB/s.

Any request against a hard drive (SMART or otherwise) will temporarily reduce throughput - though there is nothing special we are doing when you load the main page. That remains relatively unchanged against the stock GUI.

I can't say I've noticed any performance impact from opening the GUI when a parity check is running though....

Go to the stats settings page and re-apply the settings, see if that makes a difference...

Tried changing all the setting to something different, apply then done, no effect. Set defaults, apply then done, no effect.

(To ensure a proper re-install - remove the stats .plg and .txz files, then reboot, then do a manual installation of the stats plugin)

Just to be clear: all SF plugins need to go in /boot/plugins (do not use /boot/config/plugins)

simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.cache.dirs-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.cache.dirs-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

I can't reproduce your problem, and can't think of a reason why the disks are not displayed in the table.

Can you for testing purposes remove all plugins and use only SF core-webGUI and SF stats ?

Can you for testing purposes remove all plugins and use only SF core-webGUI and SF stats ?

I read your mind  ;) , in the process of doing that now and testing the apc plugins with stock, 1.0.5 and 1.0.11. Will edit this post in a couple minutes

EDIT:

Installed just core and stats and it still looks the same (no drives displayed). I cleared browser cache every time I checked, used both chrome and FF. When installing I first removed any previous SF reboot to stock then added the plugins and reboot again.

As far as the APC plugin is concerned, APC displays correctly before the array is brought online but doesn't not display correctly after the array is started. This is true for version 1.0.5 and 1.0.11. The APC plugin works correctly after the array has been brought online when running stock.

Reluctantly reverted back to 1.0.5, I now have the stats page back but the apc plugin issue above does bother me if its actually causing a functionality problem, if its purely visual then its not a big deal.

Before starting array:

apcarrayoffline-1.jpg

After starting array:

apcarrayoffline.jpg

Any request against a hard drive (SMART or otherwise) will temporarily reduce throughput - though there is nothing special we are doing when you load the main page. That remains relatively unchanged against the stock GUI.

I can't say I've noticed any performance impact from opening the GUI when a parity check is running though....

Yeah it is strange. With no web gui open, all the drive lights are solid on as well. As soon as I open the web gui, even just to the main page with the "Welcome to unRAID OS", the lights will start blinking sporadically indicating data read/write to the drives has slowed down considerably. The lights will go completely solid again a couple seconds after I close the web interface again, indicating parity speed has picked up. I have not tested without Simplefeatures to see if it still happens, but it did not happen with previous versions of unraid+simplefeatures1.0.5.

Could it be the weak CPU in this system (ASUS C60M1-I) just maxing out and working hard to display the web interface, therefore parity calculations suffer? It does show pretty much maxed if I go over to the stats page.

Either way, it's no big deal.

I've noticed all the drive lights flash about every second when the SF GUI is open. This happens with 1.0.5 and 1.0.11. Closing the page stops the blinking.

It's polling the drives for some reason even when their spun down.

Haven't done a parity check within SF so can't say if this effect slows things down. I'll try to do a check tomorrow and see.

Yeah it is strange. With no web gui open, all the drive lights are solid on as well. As soon as I open the web gui, even just to the main page with the "Welcome to unRAID OS", the lights will start blinking sporadically indicating data read/write to the drives has slowed down considerably. The lights will go completely solid again a couple seconds after I close the web interface again, indicating parity speed has picked up. I have not tested without Simplefeatures to see if it still happens, but it did not happen with previous versions of unraid+simplefeatures1.0.5.

Could it be the weak CPU in this system (ASUS C60M1-I) just maxing out and working hard to display the web interface, therefore parity calculations suffer? It does show pretty much maxed if I go over to the stats page.

Either way, it's no big deal.

Aren't HTTP connections a one-connection based protocol? E.G. client sends data, server sends data, connection closes. Not too sure how a cached version of the site on a different PC can affect unraid's HDD performance, although, I may be wrong. I've only ever coded anything HTTP related from the client's perspective, never the server, also there's the "keep-alive" header that I didn't really mess around with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_persistent_connection

I would read that to give you a better answer, but, not really in the mood, but, from the pictures it still looks like it's going to be closing the connection, however, it'll send all requests through one connection.

I've noticed all the drive lights flash about every second when the SF GUI is open. This happens with 1.0.5 and 1.0.11. Closing the page stops the blinking.

It's polling the drives for some reason even when their spun down.

Haven't done a parity check within SF so can't say if this effect slows things down. I'll try to do a check tomorrow and see.

This is also noticable in the syslog when the array is not started - repeated messages in the syslog from emhttp and the kernal - this is known for 1.0.5  & 10.11 and also I believe the standard Webgui.

Hi,

maybe a stupid question, but why create /boot/plugins and not use /boot/config/plugins like I´m used to for some time now ?

Until now it was quite easy for me to keep everything customized at /boot/config and just backup this folder... but two plugin-folders now ?

Or am I missing something ?

Hi,

maybe a stupid question, but why create /boot/plugins and not use /boot/config/plugins like I´m used to for some time now ?

Until now it was quite easy for me to keep everything customized at /boot/config and just backup this folder... but two plugin-folders now ?

Or am I missing something ?

I believe the standard for the new plugin architecture for unRAID 5 will have plugins at /boot/plugins and not /boot/config/plugins.  Plus it keeps your config files seperate from plugins.

I i'm a newb :P , just installed unraid 5 rc 11

My system specs:

cpu: Intel g1610 2.6GHZ

ram: crucial 4gb 1600mhz 1.5v cl 9

mbo: asrock h77m

psu: 300watt be quiet

case: elite 310

I installed simple features, and everything works well, but I can't see the temprature at the web interface of my cpu and motherboard. I see the CPU/MB logo and next to it c°, but there isn't a number before that c° (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64092960/577287_3906781230613_1310609116_n.jpg)

When I run the command "sensors" from the terminal, I see the temps. Does anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance ;)

Got a log this time but its late and its too big to attach so I'll have to host it somewhere tomorrow. (I know about pastebin but don't have an account to delete my log after) It's crazy the file limit is 192kb! Can't even attach a txt file....  ???

We've tried really hard to make sure users know to zip larger syslogs (they compress really small) and attach the zip file, but obviously we are still failing in making this known.  Can you tell me where you looked for instructions for capturing your syslog, so I can make sure it too is updated with the tip about zipping the syslog?

I installed simple features, and everything works well, but I can't see the temprature at the web interface of my cpu and motherboard. I see the CPU/MB logo and next to it c°, but there isn't a number before that c° (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64092960/577287_3906781230613_1310609116_n.jpg)

When I run the command "sensors" from the terminal, I see the temps. Does anybody knows how to fix this?

As has been said before, temperature display is a work-in-progress, and is still being customized for all of the different chipsets with sensor capabilities.  If you will provide the output of "sensors -u", then you can help improve that customization for more chipsets.

I know, that's what i meant.

this is the response:

root@UNRAID:~# sensors -u
No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
root@UNRAID:~# 

Ok, running rc11 the sensor -u command shows output.

So this is one reason why rc11 is needed i guess...

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:
  temp1_input: 39.00
  temp1_max: 80.00
  temp1_crit: 85.00
  temp1_crit_alarm: 0.00
Core 0:
  temp2_input: 37.00
  temp2_max: 80.00
  temp2_crit: 85.00
  temp2_crit_alarm: 0.00
Core 1:
  temp3_input: 39.00
  temp3_max: 80.00
  temp3_crit: 85.00
  temp3_crit_alarm: 0.00

Pity rc11 is so slow with parity checks... that really bothers me.

Just an idea, to help with organizing these really long but important threads...

I can't help noticing the occasional complaint about how long the thread is, as well as the occasional question or topic or issue that repeatedly comes up, usually already dealt with.  It's understandable that very few could possibly have read the whole thing, or even very far back.  I wonder if it might be a good idea to add a 'Table of Contents' feature to the top of the very first post.  It doesn't have to be called 'Table of Contents', it could perhaps be called 'Notable Links' or whatever you like.  It then becomes an editable guide to all things SimpleFeatures related.  In particular, it could have links to the download or download location, posts with full or enhanced descriptions, post(s) with screen shots, posts with installation and upgrade instructions, posts dealing with common questions and problems, posts dealing with other related addons, and any other post that is particularly notable.  Just to start this, I gathered a few of those of current interest below (you don't have to use them, they're just examples to get things started).

* Download, features, installation, screen shots, change log - this post, see below

* Upgrade instructions - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12698.msg226743#msg226743

* Plugin tutorials thread - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=26015

* Preclear documentation - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=26015.msg226832#msg226832

* For those who want more colored icons (these are not part of simpleFeatures) - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12698.msg226802#msg226802

* For those experiencing "complications" when upgrading - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12698.msg226765#msg226765

* Additional screen shots - System temps display, Settings page with additional addons

* Notification API - http://code.google.com/p/unraid-simplefeatures/wiki/NotificationsDeveloperInformation

It might also be useful to create a FAQ post, with all of the common questions.  Since the Table of Contents is editable by the original author, the location of this FAQ or any other notable post can be anywhere, and can move elsewhere when desired.

I personally think this idea might be useful for a number of other very long addon and plugin threads too (the Preclear and UnMENU threads come to mind!).

• Squid locked this topic