"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Thanks again.  I'm not clear on what to do regarding tweaking the conf file to confirm the temps match the bios.  How would I tell?  I just assumed the temp readings are correct, as they seem about right to me.  Any recommendations on how to further confirm the readings are correct?

Not really, other than observing and recording the voltages, fan speeds and temps in the bios and then comparing after you boot up and it had been idle for a bit. Or find one that has already been made for your exact MB.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have problems with SF web UI after upgrade to 1.0.11, and have unmen installed too:

installpkg /boot/packages/openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz

If you don't have the package, get it with:

cd /boot/packages

wget http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-14.0/slackware/n/openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz

You can run nano /boot/packages/openssl-unmenu-package.conf and change the following section in the unmenu openssl config file, so the newer openssl library is installed during boot:

# openssl
PACKAGE_URL http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-14.0/slackware/n/openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz
PACKAGE_FILE openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz
PACKAGE_MD5 4655f29369cc56a59b961a8709d53a48

For those who have problems with SF web UI after upgrade to 1.0.11, and have unmen installed too:

installpkg /boot/packages/openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz

If you don't have the package, get it with:

cd /boot/packages

wget http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-14.0/slackware/n/openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz

You can run nano /boot/packages/openssl-unmenu-package.conf and change the following section in the unmenu openssl config file, so the newer openssl library is installed during boot:

# openssl
PACKAGE_URL http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-14.0/slackware/n/openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz
PACKAGE_FILE openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3.txz
PACKAGE_MD5 4655f29369cc56a59b961a8709d53a48

i removed unmenu still sf doesnt work

Thanks again.  I'm not clear on what to do regarding tweaking the conf file to confirm the temps match the bios.  How would I tell?  I just assumed the temp readings are correct, as they seem about right to me.  Any recommendations on how to further confirm the readings are correct?

Not really, other than observing and recording the voltages, fan speeds and temps in the bios and then comparing after you boot up and it had been idle for a bit. Or find one that has already been made for your exact MB.

@dmacias - Perhaps we can ask speeding_ant to help us find a file store location for these sensors.conf files, for all common motherboards.  Maybe it can be a sub directory where SF files are located.  As people create these files, we can have them all in one place for people to just download.

My motherboard is popular, yet I wasn't able to find the sensos.conf file made for it.  I only got this working with your help.  I'll have to keep an eye out incase somebody does create one specifically for my mb.

i removed unmenu still sf doesnt work

Do you have a sabnzbd/sickbeard combo running?

There seems to be a trend of SF gui issues while running sickbeard/sabnzbd: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=26322.0

yes i do

and i notice something puts openssl-0.9.8r-i486-3 and openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3 in the packages folder

edit:

i looked and found sabnzbd installs openssl-0.9.8r-i486- and sf installs openssl-1.0.1c-i486-3 could this be the problem? can i just edit the sabnzbd plg to use the newer version?

It will use the newer version SF uses, though I don't know what the effect on sabnzbd will be. What is sure is that installing 2 versions of the same package is rarely a recipe for success  :)

I will try to do the same once I'm at home.

It will use the newer version SF uses, though I don't know what the effect on sabnzbd will be. What is sure is that installing 2 versions of the same package is rarely a recipe for success  :)

looks like its fine i tested a few downloads worked without any problems im also using a ssl connection.

looks like its fine i tested a few downloads worked without any problems im also using a ssl connection.

And SF gui is alive?

@dmacias - Perhaps we can ask speeding_ant to help us find a file store location for these sensors.conf files, for all common motherboards.  Maybe it can be a sub directory where SF files are located.  As people create these files, we can have them all in one place for people to just download.

I think bonienl is responsible for the temp plugin and I think it should be more of a unRaid thing or separate project just for hardware monitoring than just Simple Features. I originally just wanted all sensors from the command prompt then maybe a page of raw sensor data in system profiler like in unmenu with maybe mem usage but I love the temps on the main menu.  If you've ever used speedfan in windows I think it would be a huge task and hard to manage all the different MB combos.

My motherboard is popular, yet I wasn't able to find the sensos.conf file made for it.  I only got this working with your help.  I'll have to keep an eye out incase somebody does create one specifically for my mb.

If we do this, adding a drop-down option somewhere in sf where you can select your motherboard would be a nice way to select the sensors.conf file you need.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk HD

Just curious updated to the newest version of SF and I have to say its running super laggy with a load average of 5.41. And after a few minutes the web gui becomes unresponsive. Parity check is at  8.3 mb/sec. Older version of SF i was obtain a speed of 98 MB/sec. Haven't made single change with hardware......

1.jpg.5ac9c86836402c081b11bb98e6db90c4.jpg

If we do this, adding a drop-down option somewhere in sf where you can select your motherboard would be a nice way to select the sensors.conf file you need.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk HD

+1

Just delete all the PLG files for simplefeatures and reboot.

Hello everyone, I did this and the regular unRAID web GUI is sorta messed up, anyone know how to fix (without losing all my normal unRAID settings?)

Picture attached of the Settings menu, but now there's no headers, no page formatting, etc is on all pages. Thanks

unRAIDSettings.png.fac36df73d80aa513f143f1be882380f.png

Just delete all the PLG files for simplefeatures and reboot.

Hello everyone, I did this and the regular unRAID web GUI is sorta messed up, anyone know how to fix (without losing all my normal unRAID settings?)

Picture attached of the Settings menu, but now there's no headers, no page formatting, etc is on all pages. Thanks

May be by clearing your browser's cache / deleting history files?

yea its still going seems to be much more responsive then ever.

I removed openssl from the sabnzbd.plg and package folder. I restarted the server and all is working well. I checked this morning after the night and the sf gui is still responsive. I hope it will stay this way.

I will refer to your post in the sabnzbd plugin thread so that influencer updates the plg.

May be by clearing your browser's cache / deleting history files?

I feel stupid, thank you.

No problem.  Glad I could help  ;)

I too deleted simple features.  As much as I like it, it was causing some issues with accessing the server via PC, Laptop, iPad or iPhone.  For some reason or another the GUI lags and / or become unresponsive.  It's been a few hours now, and everything is back to normal.  Hopefully, the next update will work for me.

Curious if anyone can help me with the Temperature GUI in the upper right area.  Ive been running Simple Features v 1.0.11 for about a month now, and changed the default temp setting from C to F.  the Two temp fields in the upper right only ever show 32 F (before it didnt say anything when set to C).

I have a Core i3 CPU and an ASRock MoBo (i can get the model if needed).

Ive looked at everything I can think of, but cannot get the correct temps to populate here.

Any ideas?

Thx to dmacias and switchblade i got my temp readings working on x9scm-f with core i3 2120T cpu.

My go file addition:

modprobe w83627ehf
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors3.conf

My /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf file:

chip "w83627ehf-*" "w83627dhg-*" "w83667hg-*" "nct6775-*" "nct6776-*"

label in0 "Vcore"
    label in2 "AVCC"
    label in3 "+3.3V"
    label in7 "3VSB"
    label in8 "Vbat"
    label temp2 "CPU Temp"
    label temp1 "MB Temp"

set in2_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in2_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in3_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in3_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in7_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in7_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in8_min  3.0 * 0.90
    set in8_max  3.3 * 1.10

SF now shows the correct temp readings. Great :)

Thx to dmacias and switchblade i got my temp readings working on x9scm-f with core i3 2120T cpu.

My go file addition:

modprobe w83627ehf
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors3.conf

My /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf file:

chip "w83627ehf-*" "w83627dhg-*" "w83667hg-*" "nct6775-*" "nct6776-*"

label in0 "Vcore"
    label in2 "AVCC"
    label in3 "+3.3V"
    label in7 "3VSB"
    label in8 "Vbat"
    label temp2 "CPU Temp"
    label temp1 "MB Temp"

set in2_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in2_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in3_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in3_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in7_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in7_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in8_min  3.0 * 0.90
    set in8_max  3.3 * 1.10

SF now shows the correct temp readings. Great :)

I have the same chip, but it doesn't work for me:

root@Tower:/etc# modprobe w83627ehf

FATAL: Error inserting w83627ehf (/lib/modules/3.4.26-unRAID/kernel/drivers/hwmon/w83627ehf.ko): Device or resource busy

root@Tower:/etc# sensors

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

Physical id 0:  +22.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 0:        +18.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 1:        +16.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

In my go script:

modprobe w83627ehf
cp /boot/extra/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
cp /boot/extra/sensors.conf /etc/sensors3.conf

sensors.conf is the same as yours...

root@Tower:/boot/extra/other# sensors-detect
# sensors-detect revision 6085 (2012-10-30 18:18:45 +0100)
# Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8B WS

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no): YES
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD Family 10h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 11h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 12h and 14h thermal sensors...                   No
AMD Family 15h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 15h power sensors...                             No
Intel digital thermal sensor...                             Success!
    (driver `coretemp')
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
VIA C7 thermal sensor...                                    No
VIA Nano thermal sensor...                                  No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): YES
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
Found `Nuvoton NCT6776F Super IO Sensors'                   Success!
    (address 0x290, driver `w83627ehf')
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      No

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces
through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.
We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it
there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such
interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI
interfaces? (YES/no): YES
Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca0...                      No
Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC' at 0xca8...                     No

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.
We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually
safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any
ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (yes/NO): YES
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290...       No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290...       No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290...                   No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D' at 0x290...                   No

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware
monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works
reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble
on some systems.
Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no): YES
Using driver `i2c-i801' for device 0000:00:1f.3: Intel Cougar Point (PCH)
Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: 

Driver `w83627ehf':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT6776F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

• Squid locked this topic