"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

I would also like to get the sensors working on both of my X9SCM-F boards. Instead of everyone posting in here asking for help would it be possible for someone with some knowledge on the subject to create a separate thread with a how to or maybe put it in the wiki? If I knew exactly what to do I would gladly create it, but it seems I am in the same boat as a few others.

Try what beire did.

Thx to dmacias and switchblade i got my temp readings working on x9scm-f with core i3 2120T cpu.

My go file addition:

modprobe w83627ehf
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors3.conf

My /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf file:

chip "w83627ehf-*" "w83627dhg-*" "w83667hg-*" "nct6775-*" "nct6776-*"

label in0 "Vcore"
    label in2 "AVCC"
    label in3 "+3.3V"
    label in7 "3VSB"
    label in8 "Vbat"
    label temp2 "CPU Temp"
    label temp1 "MB Temp"

set in2_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in2_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in3_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in3_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in7_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in7_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in8_min  3.0 * 0.90
    set in8_max  3.3 * 1.10

SF now shows the correct temp readings. Great :)

As far as another thread I tend to agree as this thread could easily be overrun with sensor info.  But a tutorial is kinda hard since there are so many different motherboard and configurations.  A good place for some good info is lm-sensors.org under their FAQ.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear dmacias

i have Gigabyte H77-DS3H with it8728f

and still can not see the temp

What does modprobe it87 do from the command prompt?  If it just goes to the next line then what does sensors say afterwards.  Also did you check if sensors.conf is actually copied to /etc/sensors.d.  Only other thing I could think to do would be to force it8721 (modprobe it87 force_id=0x8721) and change the chip line to match (chip "it8721-*").

thank you. i will try that once i reach home.

but i'm not sure about the directory/location of sensors.conf

should i manually create custom/etc/sensors.d/ at the root directory of my flash and then i put the sensors.conf in custom/etc/sensors.d/

or

should i manually create /etc/sensors.d at the root directory of my flash and then i put the sensors.conf in /etc/sensors.d/

this is confusing me

thank you.

First off, thanks for the great user interface and features... I think I might have found a bug... with all of the SimpleFeatures Settings for confirmation set to Yes.  On the Main screen after you view the Log and exit you are able to stop the array without checking the box. The Stop button will stay unghosted until you leave the main page and come back to it. Then it acts normally until you view the Log again.

snapshot1ol.png

Thanks again for the work put into SimpleFeatures...

should i manually create /etc/sensors.d at the root directory of my flash and then i put the sensors.conf in /etc/sensors.d/

Oh I think I see the problem now.  I manually created sensors.conf and placed it in "/custom/etc/sensors.d" where "custom" is a folder in the root of your sd card. 

Dear dmacias

i have Gigabyte H77-DS3H with it8728f

and still can not see the temp

What does modprobe it87 do from the command prompt?  If it just goes to the next line then what does sensors say afterwards.  Also did you check if sensors.conf is actually copied to /etc/sensors.d.  Only other thing I could think to do would be to force it8721 (modprobe it87 force_id=0x8721) and change the chip line to match (chip "it8721-*").

when i write modprobe it87 it just goes to the next line and next after writing sensors i get this

root@server:~# modprobe it87
root@server:~# sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:  +34.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 0:         +33.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 1:         +34.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 2:         +33.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)
Core 3:         +30.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +99.0 C)

it8728-isa-0a30
Adapter: ISA adapter
in0:          +1.07 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
in1:          +2.05 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
in2:          +2.02 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
in3:          +2.03 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
in4:          +0.46 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
in5:          +0.85 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
in6:          +1.52 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.06 V)
3VSB:         +3.36 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +6.12 V)
Vbat:         +3.29 V
fan1:        1146 RPM  (min =   10 RPM)
fan2:           0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan3:           0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan4:           0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan5:           0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
temp1:        +31.0 C  (low  = +127.0 C, high = +127.0 C)  sensor = thermistor
temp2:        +25.0 C  (low  = +127.0 C, high = +127.0 C)  sensor = thermistor
temp3:        +26.0 C  (low  =  +0.0 C, high = +70.0 C)  sensor = disabled
intrusion0:  ALARM

root@server:~#

Haha look above your post at my last post, I think we replied at the same time but I think I figured it out.  You just have your conf file in a different location and it's not getting copied over by the command in your go script.

;D

just as they said "you are the man"

finally got my temp displaied at SF

one more thing i noticed that when i made the sensors.conf i saved it as text  :-[ then i had to save it as and select all files

thank you alot dmacias

Found something strange. Installed v5-rc11 with simplefeatures 1.05 still on the system, and all worked fine. Parity check was at about 120-140MB/s average for about half an hour. After that i replaced SF 1.05 with 1.0.11, rebooted, and started a parcheck again, but this time it couldnt get above 30MB/s... that is way too slow. So, i removed SF 1.0.11 plugins, rebooted again without SF, and the parcheck was back at 140MB/s...

Why does SF has such a big negative influence on parity check?

Could this be something to do with the 'blinking activity lights' that others report when the SF 1.0.11 gui is open? Sounds like something is polling the disks, which as I understand it could effect parity check speed.

Perhaps a more experienced user can chime in... I'm only going on what I recall reading here and there  ;)

I think you are on to something.  I am also noticing slow parity checks with 5.0.rc11 and SF 1.0.11.  I was watching from the GUI and would only see 20 - 25MB/s and I could hear drives thrashing.  When I closed the GUI the drive thrashing stopped.  I reopened the GUI and saw that parity check was back up to 96MB/s and slowly decreased back to the 20-25 MB/s range.  So on my system it appears to only be an issue when a parity check is running and you are watching the GUI.

Yeah, I can understand that, but I think if you are not watching the GUI to see how fast it is going it is actually going normal speed.  Every time I open the GUI I see that it is going as fast as I am used to and it slowly drops.  I am fine with that until it is fixed since I don't access the GUI that much and rarely when a parity check is running.

Is there a way to see what the parity check speed is from command line?

Unfortunately, I removed SimpleFeatures and my parity-check/rebuild speeds more than doubled.  I say unfortunately because I really like the interface.

Same here. I'm having problems with the new version as well, where I can't even load my array when it's installed. I've gone back to base, but noticed my parity build and transfers to the cache drive were all much quicker.

i have just noticed that after upgrading to 5.0-rc11 with SF Version 1.0.11 i can not kill any process @

Utils/ActivityMonitor

any input will be appreciated

thanks

Have the same issue....seems to be inactive.

any updates regard this matter?  :(

thanks

It's been a good night for fixing issues!!!  :)

For months my SF GUI has been mangled...even to the point that I couldn't install certain plugins because they became unusable (Couch Potato is a good example).  A dead giveaway that SF is buggered is the stats page.  When I would go there, I would get the disk stats at top but immediately underneath it I would get the 4 system stats graphs....all on the Disk Stats page.  Another thing to look for...the banner at the top that has Server, Description, Version and Uptime with a vertical bar to teh right of them...all of that is pushed to teh far left next to Lime Technology...not to the far right were it belongs next to the values.

Well...NO MORE!!!

Just by dumb luck I started with a fresh install of unraid on a Windows 7 machine I had just built.  I installed the SF plugins and to my surprise the GUI looked as it should.  I hadn't seen this for months.  I continued to configure unraid and I eventually got the familiar IE8/IE9 popup "would you like to turn on Intranet Settings".  Sure...why not?

KABOOM!  SF blew up!  Everything went screwy like I am used to seeing it.

FINALLY...I FOUND THE CULPRIT!!!

So, in IE8/IE9:  Internet Options --> Security --> Local Intranet --> Sites:  check the top box ("Automatically detect intranet network")

Once I did this, SF looked all nice and pretty again!  I'm not sure what the setting does...but I hate it!  lol

John

Found something strange. Installed v5-rc11 with simplefeatures 1.05 still on the system, and all worked fine. Parity check was at about 120-140MB/s average for about half an hour. After that i replaced SF 1.05 with 1.0.11, rebooted, and started a parcheck again, but this time it couldnt get above 30MB/s... that is way too slow. So, i removed SF 1.0.11 plugins, rebooted again without SF, and the parcheck was back at 140MB/s...

Why does SF has such a big negative influence on parity check?

Could this be something to do with the 'blinking activity lights' that others report when the SF 1.0.11 gui is open? Sounds like something is polling the disks, which as I understand it could effect parity check speed.

Perhaps a more experienced user can chime in... I'm only going on what I recall reading here and there  ;)

I think you are on to something.  I am also noticing slow parity checks with 5.0.rc11 and SF 1.0.11.  I was watching from the GUI and would only see 20 - 25MB/s and I could hear drives thrashing.  When I closed the GUI the drive thrashing stopped.  I reopened the GUI and saw that parity check was back up to 96MB/s and slowly decreased back to the 20-25 MB/s range.  So on my system it appears to only be an issue when a parity check is running and you are watching the GUI.

Same issue here. 

Wow very intersting.  I reverted back to rc10 because I saw parity was so slow.  I'm pretty sure I was on 1.0.11.  Now I still have 1.0.11 with rc10 and my parity is fine. 

Soooo, If I have the time in the next few days, I'll run some tests on rc 11 with no SF, 1.0.5 and then 1.0.11 to see what happens when.

i am on unraid 5rc11

Mem:  1813184k total,  347636k used,  1465548k free,      124k buffers

is that to little ram?

when i try start ehttp like in the go file it says this

error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That is real bad.  It appears as if one of your programs or add-ons has changed the shared libraries needed by emhttp

You'll need to remove the add-ons, reboot, and hope you can figure out which one is doing the damage.    Just because an add-on works in one release DOES NOT mean it is compatible with all other releases.

Most times unRAID servers run out of "low" memory.  It makes no difference how much you have in total.

To see the free "low" memory, type

free -l

Oh yes, one more thing.  On the 5.X series you cannot restart emhttp.  It will just crash.  You must reboot. (hopefully after cleanly stopping the array from the command line, see the wiki for how)

Joe L.

Are people keeping a SF  tab open in their browser continuously?  I only open a browser window to my server when I want to 'look' at something.    (If I haven't closed the browser, I don't even get a login request.)

yup.  it is a way for me to remember to keep an eye on it for redballs.  if it is out of sight it is out of mind :-\

Are people keeping a SF  tab open in their browser continuously?  I only open a browser window to my server when I want to 'look' at something.    (If I haven't closed the browser, I don't even get a login request.)

I don't keep a browser open, but I intentionally only have a bookmark to the main page so any time I want to access Transmission or NZBGet I have to go through the main page and then settings to get to the plugin page where I click on the link that takes me to the Transmission or NZBGet webGUI. This forces me to look at the state of my array at least once a day.

I finally was able to get all of my data transferred to my new unRAID server today and was ready to install my new parity drive when i started experiencing issues. I stopped the array and then the web interface became unresponsive so i verified that all of my plugins were stopped which they were, i ran a lsof | grep /mnt and it returned nothing so i followed the steps to stop the array manually just in case it hadn't done so and then rebooted via telnet. Once it was back up i was able to access unmenu but not the web interface, so i manually shut the array down again and then removed the simple features plugin and then rebooted. Once it came back up i was able to access the web interface just fine, so i verified all simple features stuff was removed from my flash drive and then re-downloaded it and put it back on my flash drive and rebooted. On reboot, i was able to access the SF web interface just fine, so I again attempted to stop my array so I could add my parity disk and everything went unresponsive again.

Obviously the issue revolves around the simple features plugin but to be honest I don't understand why it isn't functioning well now. I have run this just fine for almost 2 weeks and have stopped/started the array multiple times, why am i running into these issues now? Even after i remove everything SF related and re-install it the issues come back. Can someone explain this to me?

I would also like to get the sensors working on both of my X9SCM-F boards. Instead of everyone posting in here asking for help would it be possible for someone with some knowledge on the subject to create a separate thread with a how to or maybe put it in the wiki? If I knew exactly what to do I would gladly create it, but it seems I am in the same boat as a few others.

Try what beire did.

Thx to dmacias and switchblade i got my temp readings working on x9scm-f with core i3 2120T cpu.

My go file addition:

modprobe w83627ehf
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors3.conf

My /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf file:

chip "w83627ehf-*" "w83627dhg-*" "w83667hg-*" "nct6775-*" "nct6776-*"

label in0 "Vcore"
    label in2 "AVCC"
    label in3 "+3.3V"
    label in7 "3VSB"
    label in8 "Vbat"
    label temp2 "CPU Temp"
    label temp1 "MB Temp"

set in2_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in2_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in3_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in3_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in7_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in7_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in8_min  3.0 * 0.90
    set in8_max  3.3 * 1.10

SF now shows the correct temp readings. Great :)

As far as another thread I tend to agree as this thread could easily be overrun with sensor info.  But a tutorial is kinda hard since there are so many different motherboard and configurations.  A good place for some good info is lm-sensors.org under their FAQ.

This worked perfectly on both of my servers. Thank you for suggesting it.

• Squid locked this topic