"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've proved that the speed is the same unless you view the web gui. Unless you are refreshing the GUI for 8 hours straight you won't see a huge difference.

I was under the impression the mere fact that the SF gui was open, was causing the slowdwn, not just refreshing it, but to be sure this would take some more testing, like having SF open on one machine and reading the speed on unmenu from another. I did not do that.

you've proved that the speed is the same unless you view the web gui. Unless you are refreshing the GUI for 8 hours straight you won't see a huge difference.

I was under the impression the mere fact that the SF gui was open, was causing the slowdwn, not just refreshing it, but to be sure this would take some more testing, like having SF open on one machine and reading the speed on unmenu from another. I did not do that.

Hi Jowi,

I think we're onto something - will be checking for a fix soon. And you're right, not just refreshing.

Thanks for your testing.

Got the iTunes server running well, had to change the package address to the latest SQLite in the Slackware repo to get it installed.

I have a question for anybody who may be familiar with Android devices. I'm just moving over from iOS and the only thing I'm missing - but something which is pretty big for me - is Airtunes support. Does anybody know an app which will connect to the daapd server running on Unraid and also allow me to send the audio to Airtunes speakers? Reading the forked-daapd project on GitHub looks like this should be possible - but maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I cannot start 1.0.11, I am using unRaid rc-12a

The last line on the console is 'Starting system message bus: //usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen ....'

this is what I have under /plugins

Directory of f:\plugins

25/03/2013  22:43    <DIR>          .
25/03/2013  22:43    <DIR>          ..
17/02/2013  12:36             4,127 simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg
29/01/2013  01:11             6,413 simpleFeatures.cache.dirs-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg
17/02/2013  23:52             6,598 simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg
29/01/2013  01:11             4,137 simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg
06/01/2013  01:10             4,854 simpleFeatures.disk.preclear-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg
17/02/2013  23:13             6,847 simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg
06/01/2013  01:10             4,145 simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg
06/01/2013  01:10             6,829 simpleFeatures.s3.sleep-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg
06/01/2013  01:10             4,054 simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg
06/01/2013  01:10             5,460 simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg
29/01/2013  01:11            16,637 simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg
              11 File(s)         70,101 bytes
               2 Dir(s)     893,255,680 bytes free

With rc11/SF 1.0.5 I had no issues.

Also, with SF 1.0.5 I had all my plugins under /config/plugins

Which plugins work fine with rc12a?

I was trying to install from telnet session, but installplg stuck!

root@VAULT:~# cd /boot/plugins
root@VAULT:/boot/plugins# ls
simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.cache.dirs-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.s3.sleep-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*
simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*
root@VAULT:/boot/plugins# installplg simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg
installing plugin: simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1
file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-prepare ... 

Wow..

I was impatient.. It took one hour (!!) to install 8 packages

I noticied that there was around 5min delay, and few times I've seen this:

Mar 26 10:09:33 VAULT logger:  file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Mar 26 10:15:04 VAULT logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-prepare ... No network communication !!!
Mar 26 10:15:04 VAULT logger: success

Yet, everything was downloaded and installed.. after one hour

Is it going to happen every time I reboot unRaid machine?

What's went wrong?

1) Yes, I changed. But since this is default on D-LINK routers, I would advise you to change this procedure

2) Is it possible to add some diagnostics and to replace 'internet connection' by 'pinging the gateway' on the description page?

I've spent half of the night on that

I upgraded with no problems. I'm not sure what might have changed.  Check your log for errors. You could try going back.

Hello dmacias - haven't tried rolling back yet, but here is the piece of the syslog shoing the SF temp plugin being installed.  Note the gui does show the icons so it's installed. It just doesn't read the temps.

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: +==============================================================================

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: Verifying package simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz.

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: Installing package simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz:

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: Package simpleFeatures.system.temp-1.0.11-i486-1.txz installed.

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: success

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  file /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.temp.png: already exists

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures.diskHealth/images/diskhealth.png: already exists

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  file /tmp/plugin-cleanup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-cleanup ... success

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  file /tmp/plugin-install: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-install ... executing !

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: -----------------------------------------------------------

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: SimpleFeatures 'system.temp' has been installed.

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: This plugin requires SimpleFeatures core webGUI to operate

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: Copyright 2012, Bergware International & Andrew Hamer-Adams

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: Version: 1.0.11

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: -----------------------------------------------------------

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger: success

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  file /var/log/plugins/simpleFeatures.system.temp: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

Mar 23 15:13:47 Tower logger:  plugin successfully installed

here is my GO file:

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

#Update Sensors

cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d

modprobe w83627ehf

Herei s a copy of my sensors.conf: (located at /boot/custom/sensors.d/)

#

# sample configuration for the Fintek f71882fg for MSI X58 Pro (7522-040R,

# like seen in Hetzner's EQ6 servers). To load the driver module, append a

# single line (without the #) to /etc/modules:

# f71882fg

#

chip "w83627ehf-*"

# never change the in0, in7 and in8 compute, these are hardwired in the chip!

compute in0 (@ * 2), (@ / 2)

compute in2 (@ * 2), (@ / 2)

compute in3 (@ * 2), (@ / 2)

compute in4 (@ * 5.25), (@ / 5.25)

compute in5 (@ * 11), (@ / 11)

compute in6 (@ * 5.25), (@ / 5.25)

compute in7 (@ * 2), (@ / 2)

compute in8 (@ * 2), (@ / 2)

# Temperature

# cpu temp is about 35 deg celsius (linux, idle)

label temp1 "CPU Temp"

set temp1_max 70

set temp1_crit 80

# the IOH runs rather hot, even with an idle system 60..65 deg celsius

# are seen. DO NOT ACTIVATE CPU SMART FAN OR IT WILL GET EVEN HOTTER!

label temp2 "MB Temp"

set temp2_max 80

set temp2_crit 90

# system is about 40 deg celsius (linux, idle)

label temp3 "System"

set temp3_max 50

set temp3_crit 55

# Fans

# value (CPU smart fan disabled!) is about 2300 rpm (linux, idle)

label fan1 "CPU"

ignore fan2

# value is about 2200 rpm (linux, idle)

label fan3 "System2"

ignore fan4

# Voltage

label in0 "3.3V"

label in1 "Vcore"

# BIOS (loaded) in1 == 1.25V

# linux idle in1 == 1.05V (?)

set in1_max 1.35

ignore in2

ignore in3

label in4 "+5V"

label in5 "12V"

ignore in6

label in7 "3VSB"

label in8 "Battery"

I have confirmed the GO file did the copy of the sensors.conf file because it exists in boot/etc/sensors.d/ directory.

I also confirmed the "modprobe w83627ehf" command does not give errors when run.  That said, I wasn't able to locate these two GO file commands in the syslog.

I don't understand why going to rc12a and doing a reboot would cause the temps to stop showing up.

@dmacias - do you see anything in here that would indicate why the temps no longer show?  You are rc12a and your temps are working, correct?

We check for a ping on the gateway (router) to ensure that the network is up before installing the package.

Are you checking the unRAID servers default gateway? If so, and its on a VLAN, that gateway can be provided by a smart L2 or L3 Switch, and would not deem actual internet connectivity is available... (Most users of unRAID would have a simple network where their router is their only gateway, but not all.)

If this is believed to be a requirement from SF to check internet connectivity (not the user insuring it on there own). It would be a nice touch to be able to set an address of one's choice. Just a suggestion.

We check for a ping on the gateway (router) to ensure that the network is up before installing the package.

Are you checking the unRAID servers default gateway? If so, and its on a VLAN, that gateway can be provided by a smart L2 or L3 Switch, and would not deem actual internet connectivity is available... (Most users of unRAID would have a simple network where their router is their only gateway, but not all.)

If this is believed to be a requirement from SF to check internet connectivity (not the user insuring it on there own). It would be a nice touch to be able to set an address of one's choice. Just a suggestion.

Working on a better solution - I agree that the current check is quite simplistic. I aim to have something that is network agnostic, with some actual verbosity to tell you what's going on.

@Switchblade. Only thing I can think is if you edited with a text editor and messed up some syntax somewhere.  Also boot/etc/sensors.d would be on your flash drive. It needs to be in etc/sensors.d.  You can navigate from a command prompt or use ssh and an ssh client like winscp.  I use both along with mc (midnight commander?) from the command prompt.

Really simple question for experts;

I have a version 1.0.5 installed and i want to go to the latest version. Do i just download the latest zip and extract to the plugins folder or do i have delete the old files first?

Thanks in advance,

Adz

Really simple question for experts;

I have a version 1.0.5 installed and i want to go to the latest version. Do i just download the latest zip and extract to the plugins folder or do i have delete the old files first?

Thanks in advance,

Adz

Delete the old 1.0.5 PLG's first otherwise every time you reboot both 1.0.5 and 1.0.11 plugins will try to install.  Make sure to leave the simplefeatures folder so you retain your settings.

John

Is there a way to disable SF 1.0.11 without deleting it all.

I used version 1.0.5 and it worked flawlessly; now, with this new version, I am getting glitches and sudden stops during playback of high bit-rate files. I traced it to Simple Features 1.0.11. I will wait for the upcoming revision ...

Is there a way to disable SF 1.0.11 without deleting it all.

I used version 1.0.5 and it worked flawlessly; now, with this new version, I am getting glitches and sudden stops during playback of high bit-rate files. I traced it to Simple Features 1.0.11. I will wait for the upcoming revision ...

Rename the SF 1.0.11.plg to something like SF 1.0.11.plg.old, or move it to a different directory.

@Switchblade. Only thing I can think is if you edited with a text editor and messed up some syntax somewhere.  Also boot/etc/sensors.d would be on your flash drive. It needs to be in etc/sensors.d.  You can navigate from a command prompt or use ssh and an ssh client like winscp.  I use both along with mc (midnight commander?) from the command prompt.

I don't think that is it. I use Notepad++ to edit these files, and I haven't changed it since we got it working.  I have already confirmed the copy command works, I use Putty, and see the file in /etc/sensors.d/  Yes boot is my flash drive. 

I went back and went through everything and did find one piece of information.  I didn't reboot since we got it working, and thus only rebooted after upgrading to rc12a.  I had thought I had rebooted at least once to ensure everything would work, but I never did that step.  So, I think back and I tried a few different commands that didn't work.  I then tried the command that you gave me and it did work.  Perhaps I need some combination of commands.  I'll have to go back in this thread and see what I tried.

I wish somebody with my same motherboard and that has this working could share their sensors.conf file and GO file commands with me.

Does anyone out there have RC12a running with SF with a Supermicro C2SEE / C2SEA with the temp sensor working?

• Squid locked this topic