"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

@Switchblade. Only thing I can think is if you edited with a text editor and messed up some syntax somewhere.  Also boot/etc/sensors.d would be on your flash drive. It needs to be in etc/sensors.d.  You can navigate from a command prompt or use ssh and an ssh client like winscp.  I use both along with mc (midnight commander?) from the command prompt.

I don't think that is it. I use Notepad++ to edit these files, and I haven't changed it since we got it working.  I have already confirmed the copy command works, I use Putty, and see the file in /etc/sensors.d/  Yes boot is my flash drive. 

I went back and went through everything and did find one piece of information.  I didn't reboot since we got it working, and thus only rebooted after upgrading to rc12a.  I had thought I had rebooted at least once to ensure everything would work, but I never did that step.  So, I think back and I tried a few different commands that didn't work.  I then tried the command that you gave me and it did work.  Perhaps I need some combination of commands.  I'll have to go back in this thread and see what I tried.

I wish somebody with my same motherboard and that has this working could share their sensors.conf file and GO file commands with me.

Does anyone out there have RC12a running with SF with a Supermicro C2SEE / C2SEA with the temp sensor working?

Hi Switchblade

I'm using a Supermicro C2SEA and have the temp sensors working, this is my config - hope it helps!  :)

go

# Update Sensors Config
cp /boot/custom/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf
modprobe w83627ehf force_id=0x8860

sensors.conf

# lm-sensors config for Supermicro C2SEA board

chip "w83627ehf-isa-0290"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"
   label temp2 "MB Temp"
   ignore temp3

# chip "coretemp-isa-0000"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently upgraded to rc11 and SF 1.0.11.  I am able to load the core webGUI with no problems, however when I add the web server I keep getting the Warning: strftime(): error (see screenshot).  I've read through the forums and have been unable to determine what is causing this.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

YZTDVVF.png

@Switchblade. Only thing I can think is if you edited with a text editor and messed up some syntax somewhere.  Also boot/etc/sensors.d would be on your flash drive. It needs to be in etc/sensors.d.  You can navigate from a command prompt or use ssh and an ssh client like winscp.  I use both along with mc (midnight commander?) from the command prompt.

I don't think that is it. I use Notepad++ to edit these files, and I haven't changed it since we got it working.  I have already confirmed the copy command works, I use Putty, and see the file in /etc/sensors.d/  Yes boot is my flash drive. 

I went back and went through everything and did find one piece of information.  I didn't reboot since we got it working, and thus only rebooted after upgrading to rc12a.  I had thought I had rebooted at least once to ensure everything would work, but I never did that step.  So, I think back and I tried a few different commands that didn't work.  I then tried the command that you gave me and it did work.  Perhaps I need some combination of commands.  I'll have to go back in this thread and see what I tried.

I wish somebody with my same motherboard and that has this working could share their sensors.conf file and GO file commands with me.

Does anyone out there have RC12a running with SF with a Supermicro C2SEE / C2SEA with the temp sensor working?

Hi Switchblade

I'm using a Supermicro C2SEA and have the temp sensors working, this is my config - hope it helps!  :)

go

# Update Sensors Config
cp /boot/custom/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf
modprobe w83627ehf force_id=0x8860

sensors.conf

# lm-sensors config for Supermicro C2SEA board

chip "w83627ehf-isa-0290"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"
   label temp2 "MB Temp"
   ignore temp3

# chip "coretemp-isa-0000"

Thanks!  I can't wait to try it.

Update: I have temps again!!! Thank you!  I had to reboot before it worked however.  I find it strange that I wasn't able to just copy the new sensors.d file and issue the modprobe command via Putty.  Oh well, it works.  :)

Output of "sensors":

root@Tower:~# sensors

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

Core 0:      +47.0 C  (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

Core 1:      +48.0 C  (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

Core 2:      +39.0 C  (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

Core 3:      +44.0 C  (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

w83627ehf-isa-0290

Adapter: ISA adapter

Vcore:        +1.12 V  (min =  +0.92 V, max =  +1.48 V)

in1:          +1.85 V  (min =  +1.65 V, max =  +1.99 V)

AVCC:        +3.33 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)

+3.3V:        +3.33 V  (min =  +1.09 V, max =  +0.83 V)  ALARM

in4:          +1.57 V  (min =  +1.35 V, max =  +1.65 V)

in5:          +1.27 V  (min =  +1.13 V, max =  +1.38 V)

in6:          +1.43 V  (min =  +1.42 V, max =  +1.52 V)

3VSB:        +3.33 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)

Vbat:        +3.26 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)

in9:          +0.00 V  (min =  +1.24 V, max =  +1.33 V)  ALARM

fan1:        1834 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)

fan2:        2057 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)

fan3:        1171 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)

fan4:        1140 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)

fan5:        1035 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)

CPU Temp:    +41.0 C  (high = +60.0 C, hyst = +55.0 C)  sensor = thermistor

MB Temp:      +40.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)  sensor = CPU diode

cpu0_vid:    +1.513 V

intrusion0:  ALARM

I've noticed most of my problems with SimpleFeatures and other plugins are the use of OpenSSL-1.0.1 in SimpleFeatures email & webserver, while CrashPlan & SABnzbd use OpenSSL-0.9.8r.

Trying to change the default SSL to 1.0.1 in CrashPlan & SABnzbd. will update l8r if worked...

Has anyone figured this out, I've been searching the boards to no avail... one post suggested a php.ini file that is in a non existant folder? It's not a deal breaker as the GUI works fine just curious as my file lists and date and time settings all are showing this warning. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm having difficulty locating the php.ini used by the SimpleFeatures Plugin - Version 1.0.11. Can anyone tell me the full path to this file? Thanks.

I'm trying to correct this error:

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 41

I've got my php.ini in /boot/config/simpleFeatures.

Am using 1.0.11.

what plugins do you have in /boot/config/plugins and /boot/extra ?

ok, went through your syslog - your webserver isn't been installed correctly.

your sqlite point to a pkg that doesn't exist anymore.

see http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19508.msg232982#msg232982 for a fix.

I think it'll fix your problem

Eaxctly.  The webserver fails to install due to the link to the sqllite package being broken.  The link above will get you going.

John

Has anyone figured this out, I've been searching the boards to no avail... one post suggested a php.ini file that is in a non existant folder? It's not a deal breaker as the GUI works fine just curious as my file lists and date and time settings all are showing this warning. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm having difficulty locating the php.ini used by the SimpleFeatures Plugin - Version 1.0.11. Can anyone tell me the full path to this file? Thanks.

I'm trying to correct this error:

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 41

That's correct. The php.ini is missing. You can create one in /boot/config/simpleFeatures with the missing property date.timezone="<insert the needed timezone here>"

You can check the timezone with php -i|grep timezone

First I'd just like to say thanks to the devs for these plugins they're awesome.

I'm trying to get the sleep script working for my setup, but the problem I'm having is my apps drive which acts the same as the cache drive is keeping my server from going to sleep. Can I add an exception to the sh file ?

Thanks

I see this was reported once in the 1.0.5 thread, but I thought I should report it again for this version.

After my monthly parity sync the main page says

Last checked on Mon Apr 1 10:40:24 2013 EDT (today), finding 0 errors. 
> Duration: unavailable (system reboot)

I have not rebooted since the sync completed.

I see this was reported once in the 1.0.5 thread, but I thought I should report it again for this version.

After my monthly parity sync the main page says

Last checked on Mon Apr 1 10:40:24 2013 EDT (today), finding 0 errors. 
> Duration: unavailable (system reboot)

I have not rebooted since the sync completed.

I'm experiencing this same problem.

I've got my php.ini in /boot/config/simpleFeatures.

Am using 1.0.11.

what plugins do you have in /boot/config/plugins and /boot/extra ?

ok, went through your syslog - your webserver isn't been installed correctly.

your sqlite point to a pkg that doesn't exist anymore.

see http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19508.msg232982#msg232982 for a fix.

I think it'll fix your problem

Thanks for taking the time to review my syslog! That did the trick! Same issue with itunes server not showing up!

can i just confirm the following before i undertake setting up iTunes server:

the plugin fields are as follows:

music directory = my share that i create to house the music folders? ie /mnt/user/Music

server name = the name given to the itunes server that will show up on client iTunes? i.e. "Dad's Music" (always %h name?)

Database location = the directory for the actual iTunes server files? ie /mnt/cache/apps/iTunesServer

Logging level - keep as logging?

Run as user = keep as daapd? on all my other plugins they use "nobody". is that not recommended here?

Also, on last thing. I already have a fully organised itunes that i'd like to migrate over and use. Is there a way to point to the correct file (itunes library.itl, itunes music library.xml) and for it to populate all artwork, playlists etc?

I may not have the correct expectations of what an itunes server actually does. In my mind i think it would replace my current library on my computer and that using the same itunes client i could browse my music like a shared library?

thanks

*EDIT*

Well i've gone on my assumptions and it seems to work on the one album i've added. I've noticed that the album artwork doesn't show up, is that normal?

Also it looks as though the remote app on iOS isn't supported? is there anything specific i need to do?

finally, it doesn;t seem to replace itunes as i need to have that running to be able to use it over airplay. So i dont think this is what i thought it was....oh well (out of interest what would one use this for? what is it's intended purpose?)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/iTunes-Server-Capabilities/td-p/112312 seems to confirm a few things

How would I go about forcing a time zone?

Last checked on Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 41 Mon Apr 1 09:22:27 2013 EDT (yesterday), finding 0 errors. 

Timezone exists:-

w61uKDj.png

If I modify template.php to include:-

date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");

Just before:-

if (!$fmt) $fmt = $display['date'].($display['date']!='%c' ? ", {$display['time']}" : " %Z");

so it looks like this:-

d25kxVZ.png

It works fine:-

5zY4YtJ.png

rFf7GVW.png

Any help so I don't have to change this upon every reboot?

Any help so I don't have to change this upon every reboot?

See a few posts back for why this happens and a link how to fix it's missing the sql lite file on boot, you have to modify the plg webserver file.

ypYLor8.png

Now I feel like an idiot, it was on the last page. I did search, but, I searched around a week ago hoping that it'd fix itself in a patch or something. Thanks a lot for the help!

Testresults for rc12a / rc12a /w SF 1.0.11.

(not 100% baremetal, unmenu was installed on both tests)

Test number 1.

First i tested parity speeds on a stock rc12a, no SimpleFeatures, no other SF plugins, no 3rd party plugins, only unmenu.

I've started a parity check and checked the average speed every 5 minutes, for about 30 minutes.

In this case, the values shown by the stock gui are pretty much the same as within unmenu.

minute: speed MB/s

0: 166 MB/s

5: 155 MB/s

10: 155 MB/s

15: 152 MB/s

20: 145 MB/s

25: 143 MB/s

30: 142 MB/s

Test number 2.

This is unraid rc12a with only the SimpleFeatures 1.0.11 core component installed. No other SF plugins, no 3rd party plugins. System was rebooted.

I've started the parcheck and waited for unmenu to give a stable reading (right column) after that i switched

to SimpleFeatures and refreshed the page a few times so it would give a stable reading (left column).

Notice that refreshing the SF gui makes the parity speed drop about 50%... switching to unmenu shows the same low speed.

Closing the SF tab and watching unmenu, the speed is back to 100% in about 10-20 seconds.

minute SF MB/s UM MB/s

0: 98 MB/s 162 MB/s

5: 85 MB/s 155 MB/s

10: 85 MB/s 152 MB/s

15: 82 MB/s 150 MB/s

20: 72 MB/s 149 MB/s

25: 73 MB/s 148 MB/s

30: 71 MB/s 145 MB/s

Also, if you take a look at the syslog, there are some disturbing CPU stall errors... dont know if that is related.

Needles to say i am not going to test with others plugins, the core component itself is somehow disturbing the parity check speed, is my conclusion at the moment.

Hi Jowi,

Thanks for doing that testing. I'm of two minds, but will need to do some serious investigation. No way should a PHP function cause cpu stalls.

Either  way, thankfully you've proved that the speed is the same unless you view the web gui. Unless you are refreshing the GUI for 8 hours straight you won't see a huge difference.

I'll need to review the code to inspect what changes might be causing this slowdown. Whatever it will be, IT IS NOT DANGEROUS. It will simply be something that causes I/O interruption, something that browsing a share while parity check is running will do as well.

Im having the a similar problem which i think is related to this.

I noticed this when doing reads of large files from shares.

Using the windows 8 file transfer graph, which is quite useful its easy to see the reads stop momentarily every 5 seconds for a short time before continuing,

This is also visible on the network throughput monitor

• Squid locked this topic