"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else have issues deleting a user share?  I just created a new share and it is shown as Share Empty = "No" when I know it is.  Due to this, I am unable to delete the share.

This is more than likely an SF issue or an RC12a issue since I haven't seen this issue before.  If someone can confirm that they see the same, I will remove SF and see if the problem exists in vanilla unRAID.

John

Anyone else have issues deleting a user share?  I just created a new share and it is shown as Share Empty = "No" when I know it is.  Due to this, I am unable to delete the share.

This is more than likely an SF issue or an RC12a issue since I haven't seen this issue before.  If someone can confirm that they see the same, I will remove SF and see if the problem exists in vanilla unRAID.

John

Well, I removed SF and rebooted.  The stock unRAID GUI reported the share as empty and I was able to delete it.  So, this is either an SF 1.0.11 issue or a combination SF/RC12A issue.

John

I seem to be having a nice message repeating in my system log every few seconds. I also noticed that several of the plugins failed during download from Google Code, this is consistent no matter how many times I do the install.

Try this from a command prompt: 

ping www.google.com

This will determine if you have access to the Internet and DNS name resolution. 

Sorry that i have to bother you guys...

one stupid question: how do i install SimpleFeature? The first post is just describing about updating from an earlier Version. Can't find anywhere how to install SimpleFeature from scratch.

Try ignoring the instructions that have to do with deleting things from earlier installs.  Basically, Steps 1 through 4 of the 'Install Instructions' in the first post. 

Frank I definitely have good DNS and gateway, but I telnetted in and did it anyway.

root@Tower:~# ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (74.125.130.104) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from gh-in-f104.1e100.net (74.125.130.104): icmp_r                                                                                      ms
64 bytes from gh-in-f104.1e100.net (74.125.130.104): icmp_r                                                                                      ms
^C
--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 303
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 42.234/43.218/44.314/0.907 ms
root@Tower:~#

1. Download the "SimpleFeatures Plugins" zip from our Google Code page. Choose the plugins you wish to install. The Base package is required for all other packages to run.

2. Create folder called "plugins" inside the root folder of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins"

3. Copy in the plugins (must have .plg extension) you wish to have installed.

4. Reboot. If it looks funny, please clear your browser cache!

But nothing happend. How does unraid know that simplefeature exists?  :o Am I missing something? Can't be that hard. I'm kind of blinded  8)

1. Download the "SimpleFeatures Plugins" zip from our Google Code page. Choose the plugins you wish to install. The Base package is required for all other packages to run.

2. Create folder called "plugins" inside the root folder of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins"

But nothing happend. How does unraid know that simplefeature exists?  :o Am I missing something? Can't be that hard. I'm kind of blinded  8)

The 'plugins' directory is the root of the flash drive in Windows.  In Linux, the flash drive is mounted, so the path becomes:  'root/plugins'.  Please note that there is a difference in the path between the two operating systems when you are creating the directory.  Plus, capitalization is important in Linux. so it is 'plugins'... 

As a part of the boot process, the 'plugins' directory is scanned for installation packages and, if there are any, they are installed.

Be sure that you have installed the 'core' package or simple features won't work. 

Hi Everybody! I'm still new to getting my unRAID system comfortably set up but am starting to get my head wrapped around things  ;D

I've got SimpleFeatures 1.0.11 installed on my 5.0-rc12a system build and it looks like that loaded fine; but for the life of me I can't seem to find the "itunesserver" plugin that my system log says that Ive loaded.

I can't find it on my settings page:

Settings.jpg

Nor on my utilities page:

utilities.jpg

I think that the system log is installing it but am unsure (hence my status as newb  :P)

Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: -----------------------------------------------------------
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: 
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: success
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger:  file /var/log/plugins/simpleFeatures.email.notify: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger:  plugin successfully installed
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger:  file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-prepare ... success
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger:  file /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-i486-1.txz: already exists
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger:   upgradepkg --install-new /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-i486-1.txz ... 
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: +==============================================================================
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-i486-1.txz
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: +==============================================================================
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: 
Apr  4 06:23:41 Tower logger: Verifying package simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-i486-1.txz.
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger: Installing package simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-i486-1.txz:
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger: PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger: Package simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-i486-1.txz installed.
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger: 
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger: 
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger: success
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger:  file /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.itunes.server.png: already exists
Apr  4 06:23:43 Tower logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures.itunesServer/images/itunes.png: successfully copied LOCAL file
Apr  4 06:24:23 Tower logger:  file /boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/ap/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz ... bad download, deleting
Apr  4 06:24:23 Tower logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.10-noarch-1

Hi Everybody! I'm still new to getting my unRAID system comfortably set up but am starting to get my head wrapped around things  ;D

notice this - Apr  4 06:24:23 Tower logger:  file /boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/ap/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz ... bad download, deleting - which means your itunes server isn't getting installed.

check two pages back at this thread - the fix there will work for you two...

The 'plugins' directory is the root of the flash drive in Windows.  In Linux, the flash drive is mounted, so the path becomes:  'root/plugins'. Please note that there is a difference in the path between the two operating systems when you are creating the directory.  Plus, capitalization is important in Linux. so it is 'plugins'... 

As a part of the boot process, the 'plugins' directory is scanned for installation packages and, if there are any, they are installed.

Be sure that you have installed the 'core' package or simple features won't work.

This actually had me confused for a minute since I have never plugged my unRAID flash into any Linux PC and don't think I have plugged it into a Windows PC since I first created it with 4.7 two years ago. I always think of accessing it from unRAID command line as /boot or from Windows share as \\tower\flash

I guess it might help to know how Roadini is trying to access it.

Roadini,

To answer your question of how unRAID knows that SimpleFeatures exists, /boot/plugins is one of the folders it looks in for things to install when it boots.

Can you post a screenshot or folder listing of where you have put the SimpleFeatures *.plg files?

Hi there, thank you gshlomi for your input!!! I sent you a PM with this question but might as well add it on the board in case somebody else has the same confusion. I have a question or two before I proceed... (sorry to be a nuisance I just want to get my ducks in a row before I start screwing around with the plugin files  :) )

I went back and checked the thread and think I found the fix which you are referring to...

I edited the simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg  in Notepad++

CTRL+H to do a find and replace:  replace sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz with sqlite-3.7.16-i486-1.txz (there should be 3 occurrences)

Also do a find/replace for 433769b1cd27b59667a34295184356e3  with a6f1606b7fc032d28937a75c0cd3ae68 (one occurrence) (this is the MD5 for the new SQLLite package)

Then I manually installed via putty:  installplg /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

Q: Do i follow these directions and change my webserver.plg or should I edit my "itunesserver.plg" with the suggested replacment text? Sorry if this is a stupid question I just want to make sure I don't screw up the wrong plugin.

Thanks!!!

Hi there, thank you gshlomi for your input!!! I sent you a PM with this question but might as well add it on the board in case somebody else has the same confusion. I have a question or two before I proceed... (sorry to be a nuisance I just want to get my ducks in a row before I start screwing around with the plugin files  :) )

I went back and checked the thread and think I found the fix which you are referring to...

I edited the simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg  in Notepad++

CTRL+H to do a find and replace:  replace sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz with sqlite-3.7.16-i486-1.txz (there should be 3 occurrences)

Also do a find/replace for 433769b1cd27b59667a34295184356e3  with a6f1606b7fc032d28937a75c0cd3ae68 (one occurrence) (this is the MD5 for the new SQLLite package)

Then I manually installed via putty:  installplg /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

Q: Do i follow these directions and change my webserver.plg or should I edit my "itunesserver.plg" with the suggested replacment text? Sorry if this is a stupid question I just want to make sure I don't screw up the wrong plugin.

Thanks!!!

In your case you should edit the itunesserver.plg.

As a rule of thumb, I think the better way to install the plugins is via the command line.

That way it's easier to notice if there's a problem with the install.

After you edit the itunesserver.plg, telnet to your machine and do "installplg /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg".

Be sure to check the output.

If all goes well, it will get reinstalled every boot.

@Frank1940

i copied everything to the share "\\tower\flash". What "core" installation do i need, how do i install it? Maybe that should be stated more clearly in the installation post for unexperienced users like me.

@trurl

See screenshot. The location seems to be correct.

unraidsimplefeatureinstall.PNG.88babcbdbef8dff24a060849e0b7c467.PNG

@Frank1940

i copied everything to the share "\\tower\flash". What "core" installation do i need, how do i install it? Maybe that should be stated more clearly in the installation post for unexperienced users like me.

@trurl

See screenshot. The location seems to be correct.

the best way to check that everything installs fine is using installplg to install via the shell.

telnet to your machine, then:

installplg /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

check there are no errors.

afterwards, do the same for each and every plugin you like to use.

you should note that all of the plugins in the directory will get installed upon reboot, so delete the ones your don't want to get installed.

Keep up the good work on SimpleFeatures.  It has been an amazing transformation in user-experience from the old unmenu interface.  Plugins are simple and easy to use, you can stop the array without having to stop every running process (SAB, SB, CP) and things are just cleaner and more streamlined all the way around.

I'm VERY sad to see the issues with the preclear script not being included in the latest release.  It all seems pretty petty to me.  Hope you can all work out your differences, however small they may be.

Well i had to fix a DNS entry since unraid didn't have access to the internet.  Tower website looks now a bit wired after restart. Now i have a new error. I/O warning: failed to load external entity ... in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13  xml parse error, when trying to install the package manually.

unraid_simplefeature_webgui.png.29d8a1e3c1e31f428ce9d3794268678b.png

You need a custom sensors.conf for your motherboard. You can google your MB and sensors.conf and someone probably has made one.  I have an ASUS C60M1-I with an ITE IT8771E.  If you run sensors-detect there is no driver for IT8771E.  If I execute"modprobe it87 force_id=0x8721" I force it to use IT8721 which is supported and then the sensors show up.  But you need a custom sensors.conf to format the output correctly.  So I put this in my go script.  It copies my custom conf to /etc/sensors.d and then forces its use.

#Update Sensors
cp /boot/custom/etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
modprobe it87 force_id=0x8721

And here is my sensors.conf:

# lm-sensors config for Asus C60M1-I board

chip "it8721-*"

label  in0   "Vcore"
   ignore in1
   label  in2   "+12V"
   ignore in4
   label  in5   "+5V"
   ignore in6

compute  in2  @ * (50/12), @ / (50/12)
   compute  in5  @ * (205/120), @ / (205/120)
   compute  temp1 @ + 10, @ - 10

label fan1 "CPU Fan"
   label fan2 "Chassis Fan"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"
   label temp2 "MB Temp"
   ignore temp3

set in0_min   0.5
   set in0_max   1.5
   set in2_min  12   * 0.95
   set in2_max  12   * 1.05
   set in3_min   3.3 * 0.95
   set in3_max   3.3 * 1.05
   set in5_min   5   * 0.95
   set in5_max   5   * 1.95
   set in7_min   3.3 * 0.95
   set in7_max   3.3 * 1.05

set temp1_min 0
   set temp1_max 70
   set temp2_min 0
   set temp2_max 60

set fan1_min 0
   set fan2_min 0

chip "k10temp-*"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"

Also running sensors at command prompt outputs this:

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
CPU Temp:     +50.4 C  (high = +70.0 C)
                       (crit = +100.0 C, hyst = +97.0 C)

it8721-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
Vcore:        +1.09 V  (min =  +0.50 V, max =  +1.50 V)
+12V:        +12.20 V  (min = +11.40 V, max = +12.60 V)
+3.3V:        +3.38 V  (min =  +3.14 V, max =  +3.46 V)
+5V:          +5.00 V  (min =  +4.76 V, max =  +5.23 V)
3VSB:         +3.36 V  (min =  +3.14 V, max =  +3.46 V)
Vbat:         +3.36 V
CPU Fan:     2163 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
Chassis Fan:  736 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
CPU Temp:     +54.0 C  (low  =  +0.0 C, high = +70.0 C)  sensor = thermistor
MB Temp:      +40.0 C  (low  =  +0.0 C, high = +60.0 C)  sensor = thermistor
intrusion0:  ALARM

It would be nice to have this parsed and formatted under System Profiler like the other info there.  I have previously hacked it to show the raw output but a formatted sensors output would be nicer. :)

Just for sh/!s and giggles I tried this with my gigabyte board and it worked perfectly. The temperatures seem to be spot on. MB reads 25 C and CPU reads 41 C. Drives are variable between 32 C and 27 C. Btw the new WD Red drives seem to run consistently 3 to 4 degrees cooler than caviar green drives in the same cages, definitely worth the small price increase to step up to a quasi-enterprise drive product. I'm in the process of switching out all my old 2TB greens for 3TB Reds.  WD has been STELLAR with their customer support and replacement of defective drives. I've only had two failures in 2 years (both greens) and they were replaced no problem (my server runs 24/7). Please refer to my signature for details of my setup.

In addition I've been invited and qualified for WD beta testing of their new WD Black hybrid 3TB drives. (SSD/platter). Should be getting my first test drive soon. 

In summation, thank you very much for your detailed instructions to get the temperature sensors working with the new SimpleFeatures release. I really appreciate your sharing your expertise and willingness to help others get their sensors working.

Now if we can just get this pissing contest between preclear and SimpleFeatures figured out, things will be SO much more user friendly.  No more having to ssh to the unraid server, invoke a screen instance start the preclear and keep the antiquated unmenu to check progress of the preclear running in a screen instance. 

i have just noticed that after upgrading to 5.0-rc11 with SF Version 1.0.11 i can not kill any process @

Utils/ActivityMonitor

any input will be appreciated

thanks

Have the same issue....seems to be inactive.

any updates regard this matter?  :(

thanks

would someone look at this matter please  :'(

thank you.

i have just noticed that after upgrading to 5.0-rc11 with SF Version 1.0.11 i can not kill any process @

Utils/ActivityMonitor

any input will be appreciated

thanks

Have the same issue....seems to be inactive.

any updates regard this matter?  :(

thanks

would someone look at this matter please  :'(

thank you.

Should be fixed in next update. Don't expect this for another couple of weeks though. Thanks

• Squid locked this topic