"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Can you guys confirm that SimpleFeatures doesn't work with the "new" gui but works with the stock gui that comes with 5.0?

I am considering upgrading to 5.0, but wanted to make sure that SF will work as long as I don't "upgrade" to the new gui in 5.0

Thanks

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it works with a few minor (mostly cosmetic) bugs

I say the bugs are not so minor.

it crushed my machine after install.

I have a new upgrade with control panel  and updated webGUI.

simple features would not load until I installed the SF webGUI plug in and after that all my interface was hosed. I get no main page at all. the top of the screen is a bunch of error text jumble.

and the web page looks terrible.  when I tried to remove it my machine froze up. will check on it after I get home tonight, but probobly will need to force reboot.

please let me know how to get any logs out of it so I can post it here to help you fix this.

it works with a few minor (mostly cosmetic) bugs

I say the bugs are not so minor.

it crushed my machine after install.

I have a new upgrade with control panel  and updated webGUI.

simple features would not load until I installed the SF webGUI plug in and after that all my interface was hosed. I get no main page at all. the top of the screen is a bunch of error text jumble.

and the web page looks terrible.  when I tried to remove it my machine froze up. will check on it after I get home tonight, but probobly will need to force reboot.

please let me know how to get any logs out of it so I can post it here to help you fix this.

Did you remove the updated limetech webgui plugin? SF webGUI can't run at the same time of course. I have not yet installed the limetech updated GUI b/c SF is working fine for me.

I first (discovered and) installed simpleFeatures on top of the updated webGUI and found many of the pages mostly empty. looking in the forum quickly brought up the idea that this is because of incompatibility with the newer webgui.

So i removed the two files of the updated webgui from the plugins folder and rebooted -> it's mostly working now (and some feature are very cool).

Though I still feel it's missing some of its proposed functionality.

e.g.:

- the temp. display in the right part of the menubar doesn't show values at all (only the icons/labels)

- can't get the webserver plugin to start. switching it to enabled (of course with some unused port like 8888 or 8088) still gives me a "stopped" status (cant find any valuable log/debug information on that either)

- the "stats" tab only shows "disk stats" (according to the screenshots, there should also be a CPU graph to switch to)

cheers

tax

I first (discovered and) installed simpleFeatures on top of the updated webGUI and found many of the pages mostly empty. looking in the forum quickly brought up the idea that this is because of incompatibility with the newer webgui.

So i removed the two files of the updated webgui from the plugins folder and rebooted -> it's mostly working now (and some feature are very cool).

Though I still feel it's missing some of its proposed functionality.

e.g.:

- the temp. display in the right part of the menubar doesn't show values at all (only the icons/labels)

- can't get the webserver plugin to start. switching it to enabled (of course with some unused port like 8888 or 8088) still gives me a "stopped" status (cant find any valuable log/debug information on that either)

- the "stats" tab only shows "disk stats" (according to the screenshots, there should also be a CPU graph to switch to)

cheers

tax

I have read this is a current fix for the Web Server:

Edit simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

Replace all occurences (there should be 3 instances) of

sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz

with

sqlite-3.7.17-i486-1.txz

Replace (there should be 1 instance)

433769b1cd27b59667a34295184356e3

with

60f75216d98dc6910f74eeef232421d7

Copy simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg /boot/plugins/

Installplg /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg

I've not tested it myself :)

Can you guys confirm that SimpleFeatures doesn't work with the "new" gui but works with the stock gui that comes with 5.0?

I am considering upgrading to 5.0, but wanted to make sure that SF will work as long as I don't "upgrade" to the new gui in 5.0

Thanks

I'm using SimpleFeatures on 5.0 with stock GUI. Upgraded last week. No issues so far with simplefeatures gui or existing plugins. web server plugin, vbox, sabnzbd, transmission, mysql working.

one thing i am missing in SF on 5.0 is the UI to manage the sharing options for disk shares.

now I'm not sure if that's:

a) a bug in SF with 5.0

b) something SF just doesnt (yet) provide

c) me being blind and simply not seeing it

with the stock UI you can manage these settings by clicking on the devices on the main screen, afair

can anyone confirm that?

one thing i am missing in SF on 5.0 is the UI to manage the sharing options for disk shares.

now I'm not sure if that's:

a) a bug in SF with 5.0

b) something SF just doesnt (yet) provide

c) me being blind and simply not seeing it

with the stock UI you can manage these settings by clicking on the devices on the main screen, afair

can anyone confirm that?

Not sure if this is what your after? but shares are http://192.168.0.25/Shares (your ip instead),

I am currently on simple features web gui 1.0.0 and 5.0-rc8a and was looking to upgrade to the 5.0 official release.  Will this version of simple features and the various plugins with it still work?  Otherwise should I upgrade to a more current version of the web gui?  I have a lot of the usual plugins and don't want to worry about breaking everything and having to set it all back up.  I mainly want to upgrae for all the afp fixes and to setup crash plan. 

So basically

does simple features 1.0.0 work on unraid 5.0

Or is it best to wait for the official Web gui

Thanks

Having some issues with simple features:

Setup:

unRAID stable 5.0 running on a VM on xenserver

Simple Features 1.0.11

-I have copied simple features plugins to the /boot/plugins folder

-Rebooted Server

-Log shows every plugin installed successfully

Problem:

Every time I go to a simplefeatures webpage I get parse errors on the top of the page and most of the features don't work correctly.  I have attached some screenshots and the unraid syslog.  This is a fresh installation of unraid. Only 2 other plugin I have are plex and plexupdater.

Any ideas? Did I miss something?

health.JPG.42af1b2ba49a682f52a19248f9a01479.JPG

stats.JPG.698ade852bf1a498707e72cd8bce5cdd.JPG

syslog.txt

Need help figuring out how to fix my issue. I have unraid v5 working just fine, I have such plugs ins as CP, SB, SAB, Headphones, Plex Media Server, Plex updater, and Transmission.  Recently i install the plug for VBOX following "theone" directions I installed SF and that is where it went to the crapper. I copied the core and the webserver plug in. Rebooted and now when I try to access my frontpage i get a server cannot be found or and oops page.  I have tried IE, safari and chrome, clear the cache several times no luck. I can however access unMenu on all three browsers from three different computers.  I cannot find anything on my syslog that i can pin point as the issue.

I have attached the sys log

syslog-2013-10-22.zip

Has there been a definitive statement on what's happening with SF from speeding ant ? I know he was working with Tom to bring SF to the base Unraid, but after an aborted start we really haven't heard much.

Is speeding ant still around ? Has development of SF moved to concentrate on making it part of the base unraid release, IR is it still bring developed stand alone, or has it gone the way of too many good initiatives have gone in the past when real life takes precedence .

Has there been a definitive statement on what's happening with SF from speeding ant ? I know he was working with Tom to bring SF to the base Unraid, but after an aborted start we really haven't heard much.

Is speeding ant still around ? Has development of SF moved to concentrate on making it part of the base unraid release, IR is it still bring developed stand alone, or has it gone the way of too many good initiatives have gone in the past when real life takes precedence .

+1 for that.

SF is the most important mod to unRaid for me.

A status update by speeding_ant would be much appreciated to see were it goes with the developement of SF or if it has definately stopped.

Need help figuring out how to fix my issue. I have unraid v5 working just fine, I have such plugs ins as CP, SB, SAB, Headphones, Plex Media Server, Plex updater, and Transmission.  Recently i install the plug for VBOX following "theone" directions I installed SF and that is where it went to the crapper. I copied the core and the webserver plug in. Rebooted and now when I try to access my frontpage i get a server cannot be found or and oops page.  I have tried IE, safari and chrome, clear the cache several times no luck. I can however access unMenu on all three browsers from three different computers.  I cannot find anything on my syslog that i can pin point as the issue.

I have attached the sys log

Just an update it never worked so i had to removed SF to get back to the web default. Hopefully the guys can get this working.

I have had to remove SimpleFeatures plugin. It was no longer working. I have reverted back to the default web user interface. I really liked SimpleFeatures.

Location column is empty when navigating into a share.

Works fine in stock UI and the upgraded stock UI.

Please make SimpleFeatures work properly again.

>>P-U-R-L-E-A-S-E<<

• 2 weeks later...

speeding_ant:

I am on SF rc2, looking to upgrade to the newest one (I need the web server for using with virtualbox)

In your instructions you say that I need to backup settings or else I will lose them. What settings do you mean?

I am trying to get this done asap so I can have the bvirtual box up and running

• Squid locked this topic