"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still wondering if anyone has any suggestions for updating from simple features 1.0.0 on 5.0-rc8a to 1.011?  Simple features 1.0.11 says it requires -rc11. I would also like to upgrade to 5.0 final (not the 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 as I hear there are issues)  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.   

For what is worth-- I have been using Simple Features with ver 5.X without issue.

HOWEVER, I have disabled system.stats, system.temp, s3.sleep from my setup.  It was my observation that the system.stats package would cause the interface to 'hang-up' as it accumulated more and more history.  Since I removed these packages from my two installs, I have not issues with the interface not responding.  I tried the system.temps. plugin but I did feel like all the work of getting it to work with my AMD Sempron CPU was worth the effort and I removed after a short trial.

The Simple Feature log viewer  ('Utils', 'Development Utilities' 'System Log')  has a problem as I can't scroll down into the log and have it 'hold' its place.  Within a couple of seconds, it resets back to the top.

Again, simply my experience with Simple Features. 

For what is worth-- I have been using Simple Features with ver 5.X without issue.

No you probably did not. Run a parcheck while the gui is open and you will notice that the parcheck will almost grind to a halt. Close SF and you will notice the parcheck speeding up again.

Same here using SF with 5.0.3, with parity checks and all the plugins mentioned below with minimal issues, only had to tweak the webserver with sql lib. Yes the parity check will grind to a halt with web gui constantly active, but why does the gui constantly need to be displayed. Even while not doing a parity check with SF webGui active it is constantly getting drive status/checks every second - just be aware and dont leave the webpage up continuously.

No you probably did not. Run a parcheck while the gui is open and you will notice that the parcheck will almost grind to a halt. Close SF and you will notice the parcheck speeding up again.

I never leave the GUI open unless I am actively using it.  I have found that as long as I don't close the browser (I am using Firefox), I don't need to log in again. 

I have also set the the 'Page Refresh Interval' under 'DisplaySettings' to "disable".  However, this does require that I have to manually refresh the browser page if I want to see the current status on the 'Main' page.  This setting does appear to lesson the impact of the GUI on the parity check speed.  (Sample size of two which may not be significant!)

I have been running parity check with the browser open for both servers as quick test.  I am now at 14.5% of the system with the 1TB parity drive and it is still running at 117MB/Sec and the  one with the 3TB parity drive is at 4.4% and running at 99.8MB/Sec.  The estimated times to finish appears to be what I normally see on the automated parity checks that I run monthly.

Same here.  I use the latest Simple Features without issue.  I also have a chrome plugin that sleeps any tabs that don't have focus so unless I am actively looking at it, SF isn't running in a Brouwer.

There really needs to be a statement about what is happening with SF.  Too many people use it for it to be held in limbo like this.

I installed SF Version 1.0.11 on a fresh install of Unraid 5.0.3 and would now like to uninstall it. I've gone so far as to reformat the USB thumb drive and load a fresh copy of Unraid 5.0.3. However, the console window now keeps repeating the text "Could not open input file: plugins/simplefeatures/include/Notify.php" about every 5 seconds. 

What part of Simple Features survives a complete reformatting and fresh install of the USB drive? Does anyone know how to make this stop?

I have no other plugins installed except for Unraid 5.0.3's updated WebUI.

Update 1:  I removed the USB thumb drive and replaced it with another one on which I had the free version of Unraid v5 RC11.  This USB drive has never had SF installed on it. Booted up just fine. Then the same error message as before keeps repeating on the console screen. This is making me suspect that Simple Features has modified something in BIOS of the motherboard. The MB is a Supermicro X9SCM-F. This gave me the idea to reset the BIOS. After restoring to "optimized" bios settings, the problem persists.

Update 2:  Clearing the MB's CMOS had no effect.

I installed SF Version 1.0.11 on a fresh install of Unraid 5.0.3 and would now like to uninstall it. I've gone so far as to reformat the USB thumb drive and load a fresh copy of Unraid 5.0.3. However, the console window now keeps repeating the text "Could not open input file: plugins/simplefeatures/include/Notify.php" about every 5 seconds. 

What part of Simple Features survives a complete reformatting and fresh install of the USB drive? Does anyone know how to make this stop?

I have no other plugins installed except for Unraid 5.0.3's updated WebUI.

Update 1:  I removed the USB thumb drive and replaced it with another one on which I had the free version of Unraid v5 RC11.  This USB drive has never had SF installed on it. Booted up just fine. Then the same error message as before keeps repeating on the console screen. This is making me suspect that Simple Features has modified something in BIOS of the motherboard. The MB is a Supermicro X9SCM-F. This gave me the idea to reset the BIOS. After restoring to "optimized" bios settings, the problem persists.

Update 2:  Clearing the MB's CMOS had no effect.

you'll need to replace the motherboard, cpu and ram. SF puts watermarks on them all so that they are UnRaid only.

okay - now that we've handled the hysteria... (that was a joke, btw)... did you try clearing your browser's cache or using another browser or even another machine?

Admittedly, i know very little about UnRaid and SF - but i know for damned sure they don't tattoo or modify the bios. My understanding and experience after failure has been that 100% of the config is on the USB stick.

Please retry the reformat thumb drive procedure again, in some way shape or form your previous reformat did not take or you have a failing thumb drive. SF & unRaid do nothing to the host system in terms of altering settings on the motherboard or bios.

I did not think initially think that SF would do anything to the host system. However, after putting in a different USB drive on which I installed RC11 of Unraid, I continued to get the error messages. From this I infer that the problem is not with anything on the original USB drive or the original USB drive itself. Something installed by SF is persistent even after the USB drive is replaced. Is there another possible explanation?

you'll need to replace the motherboard, cpu and ram. SF puts watermarks on them all so that they are UnRaid only.

okay - now that we've handled the hysteria... (that was a joke, btw)... did you try clearing your browser's cache or using another browser or even another machine?

Admittedly, i know very little about UnRaid and SF - but i know for damned sure they don't tattoo or modify the bios. My understanding and experience after failure has been that 100% of the config is on the USB stick.

The error messages appear in the console window not through a browser window. Normally, after unraid boots the console window shows "Tower login."  But on my machine there is a constant stream of error messages that follow that login prompt.

I originally thought that 100% of unraid and SF was on the USB stick. But after replacing the USB stick with a different one with the free version of Unraid, I still get the same error message. From this i inferred that whatever is looking for Notify.php in a non existent directory related to SF, is not on the USB stick. Can you think of another explanation?

As axeman said, clear your browser cache.

Since two people have suggested the problem might be the browser, it occurred to me that the browser window I was using to configure Unraid was the same window across reboots and changing the USB stick. Maybe something in that browser window is still calling for SF Notify.php? 

I quit Safari and restarted it, cleared the cache, and the error messages have stopped.

Thank you Axeman, Nacat78 and trurl. I appreciate your help!

any permanent fix for the Network stats going blank after time? It will work fine and randomly stop showing 0 network activity.

I haven't seen or noticed that glitch or bug yet - i know the longer you keep system stats up the timeline compresses but not go blank, does refreshing page make it come back or is it just random?

I'm  using SimpleFeatures 1.0.11 with latest 5.04 unRAID, I've noticed a long time ago that "Display array totals" option of SimpleFeatures no longer work.

Is everyone having the same issue?

Yep same here - There are a few waiting to see what will take the lead - the new WebGui or an Updated / Restructured SF - or a combination of.

Getting this error

file /boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/ap/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz ... http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/ap/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz:

2013-12-13 16:21:19 ERROR 404: Not Found.

bad download, deleting

I would try this to fix

I have read this is a current fix for the Web Server:

Edit simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg in  /boot/plugins/

Replace all occurences (there should be 3 instances) of

sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz

with

sqlite-3.7.17-i486-1.txz

Replace (there should be 1 instance)

433769b1cd27b59667a34295184356e3

with

60f75216d98dc6910f74eeef232421d7

Save simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg /boot/plugins/

Installplg /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg from console or restart server

Hope this helps

Has anyone pulled the Stats page out into it's own navigable page, separate from the unRAID web interface? I would like to make that information available to some family and friends without giving them access to the unRAID goodies. I haven't looked at the complexity of pulling it out, yet, but I'm curious if anyone has done it already.

I've installed Simple Features on my unraid server 5.0.  I can't get the web server to start.  I'm trying to set up the web server so that I can install Owncloud on it.  Can anyone help me?  I've been reading around these forums for weeks in my free time and trying many different things.  I'm not an expert with this as it is new for me.  I just figured out the telnet commands that I can do as well.

I look forward to someone's help and appreciate it (in advance).

• Squid locked this topic