"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see a fellow "Hackintosh" user!

Who'd buy Apple hardware at their prices? Got a couple now, one built into a PowerMac case   8)

DEJA VU! I have just stripped a G5 PowerMac case and ordered a Lian Li PC6x Mobo tray from FrozenCpu.com. cant wait to get this baby built! Going to have an i5-750 + 8GB Ram + GA-55A-UD7 Mobo.

care to share a picture of the inside of your PowerMac sometime?

Anyway, back on topic, After Thinking about it, im fine with the Stats only showing Drives that exist. I can always check the "Main" page for that kind of info :)

Nice one! Yeah I didn't use a tray, built it hack style. I have the power supply at the bottom, Motherboard on custom standoffs and hard drives / optical drives at the top. The front panel works a treat, firewire and all. Have same specs, slightly different motherboard.

I'll try and sort out pics tonight.

Nice one! Yeah I didn't use a tray, built it hack style. I have the power supply at the bottom, Motherboard on custom standoffs and hard drives / optical drives at the top. The front panel works a treat, firewire and all. Have same specs, slightly different motherboard.

I'll try and sort out pics tonight.

did you make your own front panel IO cable or buy one?

looking forward to pics!

Bought one  ;)   I built my own Bluetooth & IR Receiver though! It fits inside an old Apple video adapter and connects via USB. It's so trick!

care to share the link to get the front IO cable?

Wow that is awesome! Im just going to use a USB Bluetooth Adapter connected to a Header on the mobo.

Cheers  8)

Can already see a few issues with the CSS from your screenshot. Guessing you have user shares turned off?

The SOCAT package has issues with resolving DNS by the looks. Starts working with an IP instead of FQDN. I'll be moving to SSMTP, with separate settings. I'll eventually work with someone to get apcupsd ported over.

Perhaps I should start a thread to kick off development for unRAID 5 packages, with some guidelines/templates on how to make them? I can't make all of these dreams come true myself, and I still believe that my programming skills aren't good enough to give justice to decent notification scripts etc. I can provide my code to dynamically create config files through PHP, and display them as an HTML form...

Thanks again for the help everyone!

I dont know how you knew, but u are correct I have no "User Shares" enabled at the moment. I loaded SF-0.6d beta you posted.

Stats pages is good now (screenshot attached for your review). I did notice a message at the console "Could not open input file: index/notifications/index.php". It happen either when I went to the stats page before starting the array (wanted to see what it would do, nice warning icon array must be started first, good job!) or when happened when I hit the "Info" icon near the "Log" icon, not sure but one of them spit the error out on the console. and then hit "More Info", no worries, i know you are still working on that part.

Something is changing the "Enabled auto start:" to "Yes" (under disk settings) on reboots, the default is "NO" and thats what I set it back to, and it set it back to "Yes" after reboot?

I changed the SMTP Server to IP as you recommended, but still not working. I will wait on the change to ssmtp, if you need help with this let me know. It would be nice to display something (like you did for smart reports) when you click "Send Test" so you could see the command being passed and if anything comes back from the command. This would help troubleshoot (this would be greart for the ssmtp addon as well)

Can I make a recommendation request, under the email notifications, you have a Max Temp and Critical Temp. You should rename Max to "Warning  - Disk Temperature". This is the email you get that one or more drives hit this temp reading (also good for testing by setting a lower number) and rename Max temp to "Shutdown - Disk Temperature" this would follow more in line with what your actually doing and the original overtemp package. You would then have to rename Critical Command to something like "Shutdown initiate Commands" (and tweak the info messages, which btw is a really nice touch you put in!!!)

I spent a long time on the apcupsd add-on tweaking it so I can help you there as well. Attaching a screenshot of what I would picture it to be. But this your project so u decide. If you need varies sizes of the icon, let me know I will forward you the link.

P.S. the stats page not containing the empty slots is fine, or if you want, show them but have it display "- Empty Slot -" up to you both are fine.

stats_SF-0_6b.png.858b8a499862d49316353ce424efd6e8.png

ups_image_settings.png.366415340b0d8d8c1c8fb265ef40ac09.png

I dont know how you knew, but u are correct I have no "User Shares" enabled at the moment. I loaded SF-0.6d beta you posted.

Stats pages is good now (screenshot attached for your review). I did notice a message at the console "Could not open input file: index/notifications/index.php". It happen either when I went to the stats page before starting the array (wanted to see what it would do, nice warning icon array must be started first, good job!) or when happened when I hit the "Info" icon near the "Log" icon, not sure but one of them spit the error out on the console.

Something is changing the "Enabled auto start:" to "Yes" (under disk settings) on reboots, the default is "NO" and thats what I set it back to, and it set it back to "Yes" after reboot?

I changed the SMTP Server to IP as you recommended, but still not working. I will wait on the change to ssmtp, if you need help with this let me know. It would be nice to display something (like you did for smart reports) when you click "Send Test" so you could see the command being passed and if anything comes back from the command. This would help troubleshoot (this would be greart for the ssmtp addon as well)

Can I make a recommendation request, under the email notifications, you have a Max Temp and Critical Temp. You should rename Max to "Warning  - Disk Temperature". This is the email you get that one or more drives hit this temp reading (also good for testing by setting a lower number) and rename Max temp to "Shutdown - Disk Temperature" this would follow more in line with what your actually doing and the original overtemp package. You would then have to rename Critical Command to something like "Shutdown initiate Commands" (and tweak the info messages, which btw is a really nice touch you put in!!!)

I spent a long time on the apcupsd add-on tweaking it so I can help you there as well. Attaching a screenshot of what I would picture it to be. But this your project so u decide. If you need varies sizes of the icon, let me know I will forward you the link.

P.S. the stats page not containing the empty slots is fine, or if you want, show them but have it display "- Empty Slot -" up to you both are fine.

Cheers again! Just wondered, as the Shares tab is missing from your screenshots  :)  The auto start isn't my doing, unsure why that is happening. I've seen it before on my test setup, so presume it's an unRAID bug.

When you see that index couldn't be loaded message, is that on the Syslog or does the page display this error? The send test script should be pushing any results to the syslog via "logger". Try to look in the syslog to see any errors that are reported.

I'll take your offer on the ups notifications. Do you currently have it set up through unMenu? Would be great to start a port of this to the new Plugin setup.

Cheers again! Just wondered, as the Shares tab is missing from your screenshots  :)

HAHA, stupid me, I just compare yours and mine, well personally I think its a good thing that it does not show the "Shares" Tab until you enable it no?

The auto start isn't my doing, unsure why that is happening. I've seen it before on my test setup, so presume it's an unRAID bug.

Weird never had it happen prior to loading SF... I just rebooted again and this time it stuck, go figure...

When you see that index couldn't be loaded message, is that on the Syslog or does the page display this error?

I re-did my steps and edited my finding for you in the post above. But to answer were I saw it, literaly the console (I am KVM'ed in so I can always see it, +1 for that SuperMicro MB coming with iKVM, same as HP iLO)

The send test script should be pushing any results to the syslog via "logger". Try to look in the syslog to see any errors that are reported.

Thanks for the info.

I'll take your offer on the ups notifications. Do you currently have it set up through unMenu? Would be great to start a port of this to the new Plugin setup.

Yes, through unMenu. I will get everything together for you and send it over, then we can start chating after you review. But personally I would put the efforts on ssmpt first as everything else depend on email notification. UPS included  :D

Ugh, we lost power here again. Is there a history of parity checks? I want to double check how the one went this morning, because it started a parity check automatically once I restarted the server.

Anyways, here's a small bug I noticed on the Email Notifications settings -- the footer should be pushed down a bit from the Submit button:

Screen%20shot%202011-06-23%20at%201.20.42%20AM.png

Chrome 11 on OS X.

Also, for any of the Menu links--but especially Log and Info--maybe a way to make the whole rollover clickable--because only the text is clickable, and with the icons, I was expecting those to be clickable too (but I assume they're a background)

Trying to think of a way to easily make it clickable, except for everything being a background (can't with the text) and having a transparent gif on top that'd be resized the same as the rollover area. Maybe you can use z-index on top of the text/icons?

Few more things for you, using SF-0.6d and IE8 as a browser.

1) I see you fixed the select tabs (MAIN/USERS/SETTINGS, etc...) not beening blue anymore and are now black as in your OP screenshots. Thanks!

2) When selecting/clicking "Info" its very cool how the page fades darker and the new system information box appears in the foreground, but you have to scroll to see all the info, since you know you are only selecting a few pieces of information can you maybe have in auto size itself? I am attaching a screenshot to review for you. Also the font and or color of the statement "System Information" needs a bit of tweaking so it pops! and i would move the LIME-TECH logo up and the system information in the gray bar below it, example in the screenshot (quick and dirty to get my 2 cents).

3) When selecting/clicking "Log" it does the same thing as "Info" but then you cannot do anything else, otherwise the log view disappears. Why I point this out is, Tom purposely launchs another browser window so you can move it off to the side to be able to monitor syslog events while performing other actions like, start/stop array, spin down/up drives etc... This ability is lost in the manner you applied.

4) Probably an IE8 thing but on the top header you have "Server" then below that "Description" than below that "Version" which are supposed to be to the left of the unRAID Server Name/Description/unRAID version. My is showing up all the way to the left near the LIME-TECH logo. I notice this even with the 0.4 version. It looks really good to the right as in your OP screenshots and I am pretty sure you meant for it to be to the right. Hopefully something can be done for this. In the screenshot I used a double sided arrow to point it out.

5) "Array Started" in green or "Array Stopped" in red at all the way on the bottom to the very left corner... can it be justified to the left like in line with the LIME-TECH logo? updated screenshot with this using arrows for your review.

Info_IE8.png.cf2e9bf589f2fb38c6e40f8ca586b408.png

Cheers for feedback. Can't do the title/logo move in info, mainly due to technical limitation of modal. Modal needs a title that's dynamically bought in from the link title. Will put a shadow on the text to make it "pop" more though.

I tried a fix on the header, but IE still wants to push it left. I'll force a float to the right to make that work.

Good point re: log. I might have to do something about that....

Thanks, whatever you can do (or can be) and have the time to do, is all very appreciated and just my assessment. Do alot of work with tech doc, application wrappers, support utilitys, etc... and always looking to make that feels right look, like you have done. If you ever need a expert photoshop guy to tweak something up for you to use in this plugin dont hesitate to let me know, I have a very good friend at work who is awesome with it. We started looking into unRAID together  ;D I was showing him your plugin just the other day.

I noticed the log issue, because you reminded me to look at the syslog while trying to send a test email  ;D so I went to launch the log and then go to send the test email, but when I lauched the log, I was like oh oh, cant do that... LOL

P.S. I added a #5 to my above post and updated the screenshot above as well. I can beta test any release you send/post as I am not on a production system at this point.

Maybe even drop the LIME-TECH logo from the "System Information" box as you can still see it in the background page and you gain real estate in the system information box... as a thought.

I think this would be a good idea. that way the end user can also see which slots are not populated. perhaps a setting that can be toggled (sticky between reboots if possible)

Another suggestion, remove the "Info" tab and make the area were you display the unRAID server Idetification (name, desc, version) as a hot spot area, same launch behavior you currenty have setup of the system Information. As this is eyecandy and not used on a regular bases to justify having a tab (next to "Log"), have some ideas for that reale state instead. Screenshot attached for review.

SysInfo_Hotspot.png.7fe273fde6aaa62d105d1b8528c83d93.png

More suggestions, add a SF webGUI Configuration item. It could follow the layout you currently have in email notifications.

Option in this layout

1) "Sleep" Enable/Disable the Sleep category you have on the "Main " tab, this way for the people who dont have the ability (MB support) this could would remove it from the Main tab view.

2) "Terminal" where you could set the path(s) to your favorite terminal app. Example "Putty" "Telnet" when launched from an additional tab that would have to be setup (would be a one stop shop from a tablet style device, besides a full blown computer, etc...)

It could grow from there with more SF config options...

Screen shot's attached. Second screen shot of where the terminal can be placed, or maybe create just one tab (not sure what it would be named as Utils is already used) were "Log" is now and have it dropped down with selectable items, like "Syslog" , "Terminal", and others could be added later.

webGUI_Config.png.cd724489628b520f1d2553300fb99d6a.png

Terminal_Option.png.9293a2b90ec44e72718133ac9b131740.png

• Squid locked this topic