unRAID can't connect after modem change

juzk
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I posted this to reddit as well, and got some suggestions - nothing seems to work however. I really don't want to do a fresh install and am hoping someone can help me out!

I had to replace my modem (router is exactly the same). I can't access the unRAID GUI, nor can I ping it. I also don't see the unRAID server a wired connection in my router settings. 

I've tried changing to DHCP and back, rebooting in the process. I'm completely lost and don't know how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Edited by juzk
3 hours ago, trurl said:

Put flash in your PC. Delete (or rename) config/network.cfg so defaults will be used.

Thank you so much! This absolutely saved me and got me up and running in no time.

To anyone else who might have this issue, delete the config/network.cfg file as trurl mentioned. Then the default values will be used. You can still go back in and change DHCP to static IP (which I did manually in the config file as opposed to the GUI as my server was overloaded for some reason trying to stop Dockers and VM). I verified the IP address, and changed the DHCP value to "no". In Grafana, I just changed my source which was previously ###.###.0.105. I changed it to ###.###.1.105 which is my current IP. Everything else works as normal and was surprisingly updated accordingly.

In addition to what Trurl suggests, when ever I know that the subnet on the modem / router has changed due to a hardware change, I simply go to the router's settings and change the subnet that it uses to match how my previous setup was.  Saves a ton of reconfiguring when you may have containers and/or other devices on the network that are accessing services via an IP address