Can't connect to SMB shares from Windows 10 - Maybe 6.10RC2 issue

DZMM

For the last week or so I've been unable to connect to my unRAID SMB shares from VMs or my laptop.  It all used to work fine, but access has gone completely for private shares.

I'm not sure if this is the root cause but the problems might have started after I tried to upgrade to 6.10rc2 around the same time, but I had to rollback as my VM performance was terrible taking about 30 mins to boot.

I've read through a few posts re SMB issues but nothing has worked.  I'm getting a bit desperate now.  Help please!

highlander-diagnostics-20220226-1410.zip

Have you tried to manually enter the path in windows explorer?  Mine almost never shows up any more.  In the path bar in windows explorer type in     "\\ip address"  or name of server such as \\tower.  I just pin mine to quick access so its always available.  Not sure if its the same issue.

Edited by Gragorg
31 minutes ago, Gragorg said:

Have you tried to manually enter the path in windows explorer?  Mine almost never shows up any more.  In the path bar in windows explorer type in     "\\ip address"  or name of server such as \\tower.  I just pin mine to quick access so its always available.  Not sure if its the same issue.

sorry, I should have been more specific.  I can list the shares, but when I try to connect it either (i) rejects my username and password, or (ii) just spins forever when I try to browse a share and then throws up an error.

• 10 months later...