Kernel Panic - Unraid crashes.

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Hello Forum,

my Unraid Server crashed now the third time after in a time window of est. three weeks.

System was rock stable until the first Kernel Panic.

I attached a picture of the error message as well some diagnostic data. I could use a hint here, where to look.

Is it RAM, is it the USB Stick? Or even something else?

Thank you for your help and support.

unraid error.jpg

nacrana-syslog-20220302-2139.zip nacrana-diagnostics-20220302-2239.zip

1 hour ago, Nacrana said:

Unraid Server crashed now the third time after in a time window of est. three weeks.

Your syslog appears to be right after a reboot.  Anything that might have been in the log related to the crashes is lost when you reboot since it is only in RAM.  For this reason you should set up the syslog server and mirror to the flash or designate a share in which to save the syslog so the syslog persists even after reboots.

Here is a good tutorial on setting up the syslog server.

9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Your syslog appears to be right after a reboot.  Anything that might have been in the log related to the crashes is lost when you reboot since it is only in RAM.  For this reason you should set up the syslog server and mirror to the flash or designate a share in which to save the syslog so the syslog persists even after reboots.

Here is a good tutorial on setting up the syslog server.

Thank you, i will do that!

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nacrana said:

Alright, it crashed again

Your syslog shows several call traces.   They do not all appear to be the same.  I am no expert on call traces, but a few of these will eventually lock up your server.

I am familiar with macvlan call traces as those used to lock up my system.  These were caused by IP addresses assigned to docker containers on br0.  Your call traces are not of this variety but they do indicate some other problem(s) related to CPU calls. 

Hopefully, someone who can interpret the cause of your call traces will chime in.

• Upvote 1
  • Solution

I see MACVLAN in the log. If you are using docker containers with unique IPs, you should try 6.10RC4 and switch your Docker custom network type to IPVLAN that was introduced in 6.10 for that reason.

The setting is in Settings / Docker Settings. You may have to switch to advanced view.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I see MACVLAN in the log. If you are using docker containers with unique IPs, you should try 6.10RC4 and switch your Docker custom network type to IPVLAN that was introduced in 6.10 for that reason.

The setting is in Settings / Docker Settings. You may have to switch to advanced view.

I will look into it.

Thank you for your tip.

• 2 months later...