Create a Seedbox VM with NORD VPN instead of an actual seedbox.

RYZEN5000

I recently had a go with ultraseedbox and to be honest I was not impressed by their speed and the fact that it took nearly 5 hours to sink a few hundred gigs of torrent files to my Unriad server. I thought and thought about it, how could I torrent faster? I wanted to get the torrents as quickly as I could and I didn't want to pay 25 Euros a month for a SSD NVME Seedbox. Then the idea hit me, I needed to get rid of my docker container Qbittorrent because I was getting letters from my ISP daily about copywrite infringment and I had to keep using Open VPN which is the protocol All the docker containers normally use. I needed to find a way to use NORD LYNX protocol for torrenting while keeping my laptop free for other things and the NORD needed to be installed on the server as well as the torrent client.

Then the answer hit me:

I created a Windows LTSC 10 Enterprise VM and I installed Qbittorrent and enabled the Web UI so that I could reach it by ip in the browser just like as if it was in a docker. I used Nord VPN at 650mbs download and  700mbs uplead on my gigabit connection to create the perfect torrenting seedbox. I can download most torrents at 30mbs but they can range from 1mbs to as low as 6 or 10mbs depending on how many seeds I am connected to. But the fact remains that it is 30 times faster than just using a docker alone. By using a docker client I believe we can only get a resulting 100MBS even from our 1 GB ISP. The Windows 10 LTSC VM is light and has no bloatware but you must remember if you setup yours that you will need to enable lanmans workstation to allow your vm to see the network drives using the registry and gpedit I included the fix for you if you want to try out a Seedbox vm, it is so close to what a real seedbox is but way better and its free. 

Keep in mind testing needs to be done, if you use too few cpu cores and ram it will result in very slow downloads, I have 3 cores enabled giving me over 600mbs from a Nord VPN connection through the gui. This is really easy to setup guys, go ahead give it a try theres no ubunto or linux skills necessary and you can have it up and connected to sonarr and radarr in less than 15 minutes i you work right through it. Remember guys if you want to keep system fan speed and resource usage low then don't over assign or under asign the work load. very little configuration was needed, and the speeds are absolutely good, make sure to test wreless speed afer just make sure than enable kill switch, thats a necessity on VM. I am super wicked happy with its performance and had no errors whatsoever setting itr up. I wanted to share this idea with anyone using NORD VPN there is now a way to use NORD LYNX with unraid vm seedboxs Remember to use your vm ip in the gui web ui entry and i used port 8282 because i have the original qbittirrent docker still installed. it downloads like a dream is very very fast. After using this setup I would never ever rent a seedbox again this is superior. Speeds of 30mbs are normal for my torrents that would have taken me days and weeks are now taking just seconds and minutes to download to my desired share.

Good day eveyone,

Untitled2.png

20220302_210759.jpg

20220302_213753.jpg

jellyfin1.png

jellyfin3.png

20220302_144718.jpg

20220302_190636.jpg

20220302_202502.jpg

20220306_235457.jpg

20220306_234358.jpg

fix cannot access network shares win 10.pdf

Untitleds.png

Untitledwdw.png

insanely fast torrenting.png

20220306_185023.jpg

20220307_111225.jpg

20220307_174714.jpg

20220308_015102.jpg

20220307_232439.jpg

20220308_014624.jpg

Edited by RYZEN5000
bragging rights
On 3/7/2022 at 2:04 AM, RYZEN5000 said:

scscscsc.thumb.png.a5af55852b393f7d317452cc058fa740.pngI recently had a go with ultraseedbox and to be honest I was not impressed by their speed and the fact that it took nearly 5 hours to sink a few hundred gigs of torrent files to my Unriad server. I thought and thought about it, how could I torrent faster? I wanted to get the torrents as quickly as I could and I didn't want to pay 25 Euros a month for a SSD NVME Seedbox. Then the idea hit me, I needed to get rid of my docker container Qbittorrent because I was getting letters from my ISP daily about copywrite infringment and I had to keep using Open VPN which is the protocol All the docker containers normally use. I needed to find a way to use NORD LYNX protocol for torrenting while keeping my laptop free for other things and the NORD needed to be installed on the server as well as the torrent client.

Then the answer hit me:

I created a Windows LTSC 10 Enterprise VM and I installed Qbittorrent and enabled the Web UI so that I could reach it by ip in the browser just like as if it was in a docker. I used Nord VPN at 650mbs download and  700mbs uplead on my gigabit connection to create the perfect torrenting seedbox. I can download most torrents at 30mbs but they can range from 1mbs to as low as 6 or 10mbs depending on how many seeds I am connected to. But the fact remains that it is 30 times faster than just using a docker alone. By using a docker client I believe we can only get a resulting 100MBS even from our 1 GB ISP. The Windows 10 LTSC VM is light and has no bloatware but you must remember if you setup yours that you will need to enable lanmans workstation to allow your vm to see the network drives using the registry and gpedit I included the fix for you if you want to try out a Seedbox vm, it is so close to what a real seedbox is but way better and its free. 

Keep in mind testing needs to be done, if you use too few cpu cores and ram it will result in very slow downloads, I have 3 cores enabled giving me over 600mbs from a Nord VPN connection through the gui. This is really easy to setup guys, go ahead give it a try theres no ubunto or linux skills necessary and you can have it up and connected to sonarr and radarr in less than 15 minutes i you work right through it. Remember guys if you want to keep system fan speed and resource usage low then don't over assign or under asign the work load. very little configuration was needed, and the speeds are absolutely good, make sure to test wreless speed afer just make sure than enable kill switch, thats a necessity on VM. I am super wicked happy with its performance and had no errors whatsoever setting itr up. I wanted to share this idea with anyone using NORD VPN there is now a way to use NORD LYNX with unraid vm seedboxs Remember to use your vm ip in the gui web ui entry and i used port 8282 because i have the original qbittirrent docker still installed. it downloads like a dream is very very fast. After using this setup I would never ever rent a seedbox again this is superior. Speeds of 30mbs are normal for my torrents that would have taken me days and weeks are now taking just seconds and minutes to download to my desired share. Its blazing fast with a 1 gbit connection on a vm and with Nord it beats any seedbox out there its way faster than Ultraseedbox by 5X.

Good day eveyone,

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

20220302_210759.jpg

20220302_213753.jpg

jellyfin1.png

jellyfin3.png

20220307_011640.jpg

scscscsc.png

20220302_144718.jpg

20220302_190636.jpg

20220302_202502.jpg

20220306_235457.jpg

20220306_234358.jpg

20220307_011639.jpg

fix cannot access network shares win 10.pdf 2.5 MB · 0 downloads

I never hit 30 mbs with a docker install of qbittorrent this is absolutely the fastest way to download torrents.

Edited by RYZEN5000
6 hours ago, RYZEN5000 said:

I recently had a go with ultraseedbox and to be honest I was not impressed by their speed and the fact that it took nearly 5 hours to sink a few hundred gigs of torrent files to my Unriad server. I thought and thought about it, how could I torrent faster? I wanted to get the torrents as quickly as I could and I didn't want to pay 25 Euros a month for a SSD NVME Seedbox. Then the idea hit me, I needed to get rid of my docker container Qbittorrent because I was getting letters from my ISP daily about copywrite infringment and I had to keep using Open VPN which is the protocol All the docker containers normally use. I needed to find a way to use NORD LYNX protocol for torrenting while keeping my laptop free for other things and the NORD needed to be installed on the server as well as the torrent client.

Then the answer hit me:

Keep in mind testing needs to be done, if you use too few cpu cores and ram it will result in very slow downloads, I have 3 cores enabled giving me over 600mbs from a Nord VPN connection through the gui. This is really easy to setup guys, go ahead give it a try theres no ubunto or linux skills necessary and you can have it up and connected to sonarr and radarr in less than 15 minutes i you work right through it. Remember guys if you want to keep system fan speed and resource usage low then don't over assign or under asign the work load. very little configuration was needed, and the speeds are absolutely good, make sure to test wreless speed afer just make sure than enable kill switch, thats a necessity on VM. I am super wicked happy with its performance and had no errors whatsoever setting itr up. I wanted to share this idea with anyone using NORD VPN there is now a way to use NORD LYNX with unraid vm seedboxs Remember to use your vm ip in the gui web ui entry and i used port 8282 because i have the original qbittirrent docker still installed. it downloads like a dream is very very fast. After using this setup I would never ever rent a seedbox again this is superior. Speeds of 30mbs are normal for my torrents that would have taken me days and weeks are now taking just seconds and minutes to download to my desired share.

Good day eveyone,

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

20220302_210759.jpg

20220302_213753.jpg

jellyfin1.png

jellyfin3.png

20220307_011640.jpg

20220302_144718.jpg

20220302_190636.jpg

20220302_202502.jpg

20220306_235457.jpg

20220306_234358.jpg

20220307_011639.jpg

fix cannot access network shares win 10.pdf 2.5 MB · 0 downloads

Untitleds.png

Untitledwdw.png

See the seedbox NVME drives, I had to seperate it from the cache I was getting btfrs errors when I mixed a 2 tb drive with 3 , 1 TB drives its working better this way

5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Is there a question for General support forum in all that ?

image.thumb.png.474163c7834883357b016679fdbc5ca2.png

Yes, how do I fix btrfs errors I had the 2 tb mixed with the jobod 3 , 1 Tb drives and I was getting constant errors in the logs, why is this happening and I seperated the drives and it seems to have stopped the errors, why? I don't understand why I cant mix SSD sizes they are all brand new NVME they should not have any errors. Also the first VM went blue screen on me and I had to reinstall the whole seedbox VM is there any way to fix the blue screen of death next time?

Edited by RYZEN5000
6 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

"Yes I posted some questions and I want to know is it bad for my new CPU to run a VM all the time, how come when I reduce cores the internet speed test result decreases? Why does it need to much CPU to run a internet speed test I want 600mbs to 700 with a vpn so I need 3-4 cores. Is there  a way to further reduce the load on my cpu? it was expensive.

Resized_20220307_082232.jpeg

AGKSERVER DASHBOARD PICTURE.png

Edited by RYZEN5000

3 cores and 3 gb ram seems to be the sweet spot why is that? I get 700mbs down and 800 upload. why does CPU have anything to do with internet speed? The cpu is running at 4% with the VM I am happy with the result the torrenting is really really fast much faster than a docker container. Because I can use Nord Lynx protocol.

Untitledwdw.png

12342144.png

Edited by RYZEN5000
6 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I had a power outage the other day and it said my hard drive was unmountable. Its lucky it was an empty drive so I just reformatted it but if it hadent been empty what am am supposed to do to fix it? If I had data on the drive i can't format it to make the problem go away. Any ideas? MY Unraid server rebooted when the power came back on because itr is set to fire right back up but I lost a drive, till it was reformatted. Why would I lose an empty new drive?

Edited by RYZEN5000

Yes, I have a question and i ask it with urgency, tonight I was sitting in front of my computer watching the VM seedbox when the mouse started moving and letters were typing into google chrome, somone was able to hack into my unraid server's Windows VM and change a bunch of security settings and shut off the VPN. I frantically shut down the VM as fast as I could and he didn't have time to delete my shares or cause any other damages that I'm currently aware of but it really scared me how deturmined people are to break into my server, I was able to again secure my server and I changed the VPN location temporarily to albania and I installed bitdefender security on my VM, I was wondering if there are unraid settings that are improperly set or how this individual was able to gain access to my server? Was it through the qbittorrent protocol and open ports? how can i prevent this from happening again because I am usually watching my screen all day long but I cannot promise to sit here and watch a VM window to make sure I'm not getting hacked. I am very upset please give me your technical advise and I want to report this incident to Unraid as version 6.9.2 has a security flaw or I have unknowingly opened one. I want an answer from somone with experience with Unraid security details. How was this hijack able to take place and how can I prevent a future attack? I felt like Ukraine and tthat hijacker is russia. It sucks being a victim I'm just lucky I caught them in time to stop them before they inflicted damages because they were changing settings in my pc faster than I could.

Somone answer my questions how I can beef my security?????????????????????????

insanely fast torrenting.png

I have alot of apps installed and I probably do, like port 443 and 80 but they are forwarded to other ports for NGINX. I have added all my shares to the VM so that I could download torrents into the shares so it has access yes, I temporarily closed access to all appdata and flash and every share except mediaserver so that even I cannot access them I am lucky I caught him before he deleted my entire movie library and all my data. I am not sure what a DMZ is. I have all my apps added to reverse proxy so i could access them remotely if I wanted there are roughly 25 ports open. if I have to I will close the ports so that I don't have access to anything except nextcloud and bitwarden but I have about 30 apps installed all can be reached from https:// I uninstalled rclone browser because it used ports 5800 and 5900 and those are the same as teamviewer which the hijacker installed yesterday when he destroyed my vm, he came back today or it was a different hacker I don't know but somone was inside my VM yesterday as well and destroyed it I had to reinstall it I opened the vm at one point and teamviewer was installed and running and I sure as fuck didn't install that. Today I caught them I was watching pretty much all day and an hour ago 5 am in the morning the mouse started moving on its own and the typing started. please help me where can I start tightening security????

Edited by RYZEN5000
13 minutes ago, RYZEN5000 said:

I have alot of apps installed and I probably do, like port 443 and 80 but they are forwarded to other ports for NGINX. I have added all my shares to the VM so that I could download torrents into the shares so it has access yes, I temporarily closed access to all appdata and flash and every share except mediaserver so that even I cannot access them I am lucky I caught him before he deleted my entire movie library and all my data. I am not sure what a DMZ is. I have all my apps added to reverse proxy so i could access them remotely if I wanted there are roughly 25 ports open. if I have to I will close the ports so that I don't have access to anything except nextcloud and bitwarden but I have about 30 apps installed all can be reached from https:// I uninstalled rclone browser because it used ports 5800 and 5900 and those are the same as teamviewer which the hijacker installed yesterday when he destroyed my vm, he came back today or it was a different hacker I don't know but somone was inside my VM yesterday as well and destroyed it I had to reinstall it I opened the vm at one point and teamviewer was installed and running and I sure as fuck didn't install that. Today I caught them I was watching pretty much all day and an hour ago 5 am in the morning the mouse started moving on its own and the typing started. please help me where can I start tightening security???? 

As you can see I installed Bitrdefender but I already had NORD installed and that did not do anything to prevent an attack, a VPN does nothing for protection against hackers. OR this hacker.

security.png

I have become more focused on security since my Unraid server VNC VM VPN Seedbox was hacked, so far here is a list of things I have done to prevent a future attack.

I disabled remote access to windows,

I closed ports 5800 5900 and a bunch of others.

I installed bitdefender security and firewall.

I created a tough windows password

I created a tough VNC password

I set all crucial shares to no access including flash and system and appdata

I don't know what more I can do I need open ports for my applications to run

luckily there wasn't much damage, the attacker destroyed the vm the first day

and I caught him first thing the second time the following day and I had warnings that security settings of windows had been altered.

Remote connections to windows I never activated that and obviously he SSH into my VNC and was able to change windows security settings

he went for the chrome browser immediately and tried to open a link somewhere but I shut the VM down and when i started it up again, I did not give him time to gain access to it because I changed location of my VPN to albania and I disabled the network adapter while I installed bitdefender. This is a bad day because my paypal got hacked yesterday and they somehow disabled two stage authentication and were able to make purchases through my debit card, it is in dispute right now. I wish VNC was more secure it is an unencrypted connection and if anyone knows how to connect to a VM in a more secure way id apreciate the know how. 

Fingers crossed, I won't say for sure that they cant get in now and I know there are more ports I need to close that I can live without being open and program access but its alot harder to hijack my VM and entire system now.

passwords.png

Edited by RYZEN5000

UPDATE. The VM seedbox is achieving up to 30 MB/s with the average being 14 MB/s download on each torrent, I admit It wasn't the best idea to create a Windows VM without a password. I have now created a VNC password and a Windows password and I have disabled the antivirus portion of bitdefender and kept the firewall service active which is all I am really concerned about. It was maxing out one cpu core at all times with 4 allocated with the virus protection running and virues are not a concern just hijacking and hackers.

It really has been a good project I am entirely happy with the results of the seedbox they are far beyond what I imagined for speed and certainly it has way faster downloads than UltraSeedbox.com did. They don't really have 50,000GBs connection my gigabit with VPN is around 700MBS and its downloading every torrent 10 times faster than Ultraseedbox ever did. with the slowest torrent around 10 MB/s. I recommend this VM seedbox to others but just keep in mind that every time you change a setting in "edit VM" you need to re-enter a password field, don't leave it blank it needs to be replaced everytime a VM gets edited. and for F sake put a password on Windows don't be like me and get jacked on the first day. 

Edited by RYZEN5000

How was somone able to get through my router? I realize I have done quite a bit of port forwarding but only my ipaddress is supposed to be able to connect see the rules below.

During port forwarding it asks me to "Enter the Source IP address."

Think of it like a filter. Unless a connection attempt is coming from the specified source address, the connection will be refused. Source addresses can also be entered using a range of IP addresses, instead of one per line. For example: 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200.

So how does it work that they were able to connect to my VNC? SSH? some form of very smart hacking I'm sure but if anybody wants to come and tell me how its done so I can build a better defence against it I welcome the feedback. ??