[Solved] Docker Service failed to start: root: ERROR: unable to resize '/var/lib/docker': Read-only file system

Any ideas? Plex was running, so I tried a restart and got an error 403.  Thinking Docker image corruption, I tried deleting to rebuild it. But the Docker image wouldn't restart with the "Docker Service failed to start error displayed in the Docker Tab. A look in the Syslog shows "root: ERROR: unable to resize '/var/lib/docker': Read-only file system". Now I've learned to post here before a restart from stupidity in the past. Any help?

orcrist-diagnostics-20220307-2310.zipsyslog-192.168.86.113.log.zip

Edited by mikesp18

Pool filesystem is corrupt, best bet is to backup, reformat and restore the data.

There's also this:

Mar  7 11:23:39 Orcrist kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x116/0x144 [macvlan]
Mar  7 11:23:39 Orcrist kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xc7/0x10b [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address, upgrading to v6.10 and switching to ipvlan might fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right)), or see below for more info.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/70529-650-call-traces-when-assigning-ip-address-to-docker-containers/

See also here:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/690691-kernel-panic-due-to-netfilter-nf_nat_setup_info-docker-static-ip-macvlan-r1356/

JorgeB, thanks so much. You've already been a big help to me. I have that other thread in general support going about the MACD land problem. I just re-enabled it yesterday but I don't want to drag this thread into that.

Could you give me some tips on back up the cache pool, and reformat it.

You just need to copy anything important to the array or other pool/unassigned device, you can use your favorite tool for that, e.g. midnight commander (mc on the console), when that's done stop the array and wipe the pool devices with:

blkdiscard /dev/sdX

then start the array and you'll have the option to format the pool.

• mikesp18 changed the title to [Solved] Docker Service failed to start: root: ERROR: unable to resize '/var/lib/docker': Read-only file system