Anyone Using Veeam to Backup to an unRAID NAS? I'm getting intermittent "network" errors in Veeam.

We have a Veeam v11 backup running on a Windows Server 2016 machine. It backs up 3 Virtual Machines to our unRAID NAS.

I am getting these errors fairly often, but not every time. Here's an example:

Agent: Failed to process method {Transform.Patch}: An unexpected network error occurred. 
Failed to flush file buffers. 
File: [\\AP-ARCHIVES\BU_APServers\AP_VM_Backup\AP-Files.4d02479f-1280-4619-adcd-acd4831be3c4D2022-02-24T190053_66FD.vbk]. 

Agent: Failed to process method {Transform.Patch}: An unexpected network error occurred. 
Failed to flush file buffers. 
File: [\\AP-ARCHIVES\BU_APServers\AP_VM_Backup\AP-AD.9afa42e3-468c-499a-904a-c931eaa3112aD2022-02-24T190053_ED77.vbk]. 

I've also attached a screenshot of the Veeam report. You can see at the bottom it still says Success for all 3 VMs. So weird.

Veeam support wants me to run Wireshark on our network to make sure specified ports are open, but since it runs sometimes, it doesn't seem like it'd be a port issue. Our external IT firm agrees that it doesn't seem to be a port issue. They blame the unRAID NAS since they aren't familiar with unRAID. And they could be right. I've just never had trouble with running backups to unRAID with apps other than Veeam.

Has anyone out there used Veeam with unRAID?

Thanks!

backups.jpg

ap-archives-diagnostics-20220309-1537.zip

Edited by Mattaton