Dynamix File Manager

Together with the release of Unraid 6.10-rc3 comes a new plugin: Dynamix File Manager (DFM).

DFM is an extension to the built-in file browser functionality of the GUI and allows the user to do file management on the array.

File operations include copy, move, delete,  rename, upload and download, while it is also possible to change owner and permissions of files and folders.

The attached User Guide gives further explanation of how to use the Dynamix File Manager.

DFM is a work in progress and overtime additional features and functionality will be added. Please post your ideas about possible new features and enhancements in this topic.

I hope this new plugin is a useful addition and make it easier for users to manage their array content.

You can install this plugin using the Apps function of CA.

image.png.1208504419d431d1dbc119c6ef914cbf.png

Dynamix File Manager.pdf

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Small issue, the support link for this plugin in the plugins tab links to the Dynamix File Integrity support thread rather than this thread.

Thanks, I updated the support link to point to this topic, should become available in the next hours.

Loving this plugin, one small bug I noticed that might be confusing for some users is the context of upload in the side action menu appears against files and folders, but works against the context of the current folder in view and not the selected item.

As a user I'd expect an upload context against a folder to upload into that folder (and not appear for files).

Similarly if I check against a folder and use the upload button in bottom bar.

image.thumb.png.9e594f93ff1fef1bc3acc125d4b70c88.png

image.png.9d1fd8034ca92b230249191c5981fa23.png

It is not a bug but as designed.

The upload button  and upload option in the context menu become available when you are at a folder level, and is used to upload one or more files to the current folder level.

The upload action is not related to an individual folder or file.

• Like 1

Looks great. But is it possible to be able to move files to a share. I can only see individual disks. I would like to be able to select files from UDs and then move them to shares and then let Unraid do the splitting as per the high water settings for that share etc. Is that a possibility?  Cheers

Edited by markymark
3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

From the top level you need to select "user" level.

This brings you to the shares level and you can move folders and files from one share to another share.

As far as I can see that does not cater for moving files from an UD location (which is not part of the User Share system) to a User Share or vice versa.   Have I missed something?

I can see why you need to be very careful about mixing User Shares and Disk shares, but I would not have thought a UD location should count as a Disk Share in the Unraid meaning of the phrase?

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have I missed something?

No, you are correct UD is not part of user shares.

The current implementation doesn't allow UD sources to access user shares, only other disk shares, but this can be changed because UD doesn't really overlap.

2 hours ago, markymark said:

I would like to be able to select files from UDs and then move them to shares and then let Unraid do the splitting as per the high water settings for that share etc

I made an update for the plugin, which allows unassigned devices (UD) to access both disk shares and user shares.

On the Main page, click on the Disk share name under Unassigned Devices to open the File manager, next select the operation to perform, e.g. Move and in the dropdown list for the target destination, select first user and then the desired share.

• Like 1

I have a problem, I needed to edit a file directly in appdata. By downloading it and then uploading it again modified.

Unfortunately I downloaded an empty file from appdata. In another shares it works.

Obviously I would be happy to edit directly in the WEBUI.

Otherwise for me one of the best plugins. 👍

I have the config file editor installed, and it can be edited. I looked at my friend's unraid and he can't edit/download in appdata either.

It seems to me that it is blocked in appdata. It can't be downloaded. (Download only empty file).

Config file editor is not very good for me because I have to remember the path to the file I want to edit.

The version released today, March 18, 2022 has a text file editor built-in.

When you click on a file name with a known* extension, an editor window will open and content will be displayed with syntax highlighting depending on the type of file.

Known - the editor keeps a list of file extensions, only these file types are editable. The list is stored on your flash device in the folder /config/editor.cfg and the user can add or remove extensions as necessary. Note: you can use the built-in editor to make modifications to this file.

As the name implies, the editor is only for text based content. It will keep the original linux or windows line-ending when saving the file.

It is pretty neat, give it a try :) 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, bonienl said:

The version released today, March 18, 2022 has a text file editor built-in.

When you click on a file name with a known* extension, an editor window will open and content will be displayed with syntax highlighting depending on the type of file.

Known - the editor keeps a list of file extensions, only these file types are editable. The list is stored on your flash device in the folder /config/editor.cfg and the user can add or remove extensions as necessary. Note: you can use the built-in editor to make modifications to this file.

As the name implies, the editor is only for text based content. It will keep the original linux or windows line-ending when saving the file.

It is pretty neat, give it a try :) 

Nice.  Another one of my plugins bites the dust 😢

Would it be possible to add a title attribute with "Click to Edit" when hovering as it's not obvious what a click does (and disable the "click" mouse pointer when over a non-supported file extension)

34 minutes ago, Squid said:

Would it be possible to add a title attribute with "Click to Edit" when hovering as it's not obvious what a click does (and disable the "click" mouse pointer when over a non-supported file extension)

My plan is to combine the editor function with a viewer function. Files which can not be edited, may be viewed, e.g. image files or pdf files and perhaps MS office files.

This is on my todo list ...

I love this new plugin and I do appreciate the work you did. Two small things from my side:

1.) If I'm on the "Main page" and hit the "File Manager icon" on the right for a spun down disk, this disk does not spin up automatically - at least on my three systems. In that situation hitting the "Spin Up icon" on the left does not help either. Seems that it is blocked after hitting the "File Manager icon". So I need to refresh the "Main page" and after that I can hit the "Spin up icon" and do get the desired result.

2.) I always have some problems to hit the correct "[+] icon" on the line for the actions. I know it is the same design for all Unraid pages, but I do use the "File Manager plugin" way more than anything else now. May I suggest to think about the way NZBGet does this for example (line would become yellow). Would be cool if this would be applied to all lines within the Unraid GUI that have a checkbox in the front:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.1f2ef73bde47e1f27d4c1d78422a41f8.jpg

Thanks for listening.

Edited by hawihoney