Dynamix File Manager

1) Disks will only spin up when content needs to be retrieved. If you use the dynamix cache directories plugin then browsing thru folders all happens in RAM

I don't see any problems with the spin-up icon

2) I made an update to the GUI which highlights the active row when hovering over the array or shares, this makes the selection more visible and easy to follow

Ps. the highlighted row matches the selected color theme, I hate yellow!

16 hours ago, bonienl said:

Disks will only spin up when content needs to be retrieved. If you use the dynamix cache directories plugin then browsing thru folders all happens in RAM

I don't see any problems with the spin-up icon

But the File Manager page does not open here if that happens - and it happens always whenever a disk is spun down.

I don't use the Cacheing tool. Perhaps that's why it works on your site. Just a guess.

Tried it again on RC3 with a spun down disk. Clicking on the File Manager icon did nothing. Disk does not spin up. Hitting on the grey spin down/spin up button does nothing then. So I refresh the Main page and hit Sping Up for that disk. Now the disk spins up and now I can hit the File Manager icon and navigate to the File Manager page.

It's server grade hardware here (LSI 9300-8i/e HBAs on Supermicro backplanes) and I do never have problems with disks.

23 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

I don't use the Cacheing tool. Perhaps that's why it works on your site.

The plugin doesn't make a difference. My test server is without plugin and works fine.

24 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

Clicking on the File Manager icon did nothing

Are you clicking on the icon in the header menu? This should work completely independent of the page which is displayed.

I can't really reproduce your issue. Do you have any other plugins installed which may interfere?

1 hour ago, hawihoney said:

Hmm, is this working as designed? The "Proceed" button is still available during a running "Move"?

Yes, the "Proceed" button is still visible but disabled. Nothing will happen when you press it again.

1 hour ago, hawihoney said:

What happens if I close the dialog during a running job?

Clicking on 'X' closes the dialog and allows the user to navigate in the GUI as normal, the running operation continues in the background (even when the browser is closed).

When the user revisits the File Manager it will re-open the dialog with the current status. This even works when the File Manager is opened on a different PC/browser.

Clicking on 'Cancel' terminates the running operation, keep in mind that this may leave an incomplete operation. E.g. canceling a move operation half way will result in some files being moved but not all.

• Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, Aeloth said:

It would be good if it could open files of format 
.html (it can open .css but not .html)
.json
.sample (from swag, it's a renamed .conf)
.ini
.pem
etc.

Just add these extensions to the list in the file /config/editor.cfg on your flash device.

Note: you can do this with the editor itself.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Omri said:

Hi 

Thanks for this tool, I have one question 

Does it run in the background?

What happens if I close the browser during move operation, will it continue till completion?

4 hours ago, bonienl said:

Yes, the "Proceed" button is still visible but disabled. Nothing will happen when you press it again.

Clicking on 'X' closes the dialog and allows the user to navigate in the GUI as normal, the running operation continues in the background (even when the browser is closed).

When the user revisits the File Manager it will re-open the dialog with the current status. This even works when the File Manager is opened on a different PC/browser.

Clicking on 'Cancel' terminates the running operation, keep in mind that this may leave an incomplete operation. E.g. canceling a move operation half way will result in some files being moved but not all.

6 minutes ago, mrkenn1 said:

Will File manager resume a move if I have to stop the array and reboot the server?

You need to cancel a running move operation before stopping the array.

You can restart the move operation after the server rebooted and it will complete the remaining part.

To ensure the move operation works correctly the second time, you must enable "overwrite files" to copy files which were interrupted previously.

• 2 weeks later...

@bonienl Stupid question: Is it working as designed that my URL looks like that when opening the File Manager:

http://192.168.178.35/Dashboard/Browse?dir=/mnt

Why is "Dashboard" (or "Main" or whatever) included in the link to the File Manager? I mean, if I use "back" in my browser I will end up in the previous URL - as always. So why is it included?

I know that I can use "http://192.168.178.35/Browse?dir=/mnt" as a bookmark but that additional path puzzles me.

Thanks.

Edited by hawihoney

It is included as placeholder for the “Done” button, it will know where to return to.

Done is actually preferred over the browser back button, it will keep the GUI up to date instead of a cached browser copy.

In addition the placeholders are used to load the correct translations, without them translations won’t be complete.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, RedTechie said:

@bonienl When trying to edit a .yaml file for a docker container the File Manager gives me a "Unsupported Preview". Is this by design or are .yaml files not supported as an editable text file?

Reminds me... I tried to edit a .yaml file also and saw the same thing, furthermore I downloaded it to view, and it downloaded literally as "FileName", and not "some_config.yaml"

1 hour ago, RedTechie said:

@bonienl When trying to edit a .yaml file for a docker container the File Manager gives me a "Unsupported Preview". Is this by design or are .yaml files not supported as an editable text file?

Love this Plugin!

Thanks!

You need to add the .yaml extension to the list of known extensions.

Edit the file editor.cfg in the /config folder on your flash device, this can be done with the file manager itself.

• Like 3