Dynamix File Manager

Found something that may cause unexpected data loss (if users aren't paying attention).

If you filter on file type, and then hit select all, it will select all files (163 in this case), not just those in the filtered view (2).

In my use case, I was cleaning up .tmp files.

I believe the select all should only apply to the visible files, this distinction would be even more important if/when other filters are introduced.

image.png.7578a454a2249945055c702ebba843a5.png

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, crafty35a said:

Just a quick suggestion - it would be really cool if you could make the full path at the top function as a clickable breadcrumb style navigation (like Windows Explorer, Krusader, etc). Clicking "Parent Directory" repeatedly gets pretty tedious!

See new version...

image.thumb.png.d7755909669af151388bdefc40cc662e.png

• Like 2

Just coming to thank you bonienl for the plugin. It works great and it seems even faster than MC for moving files from drive to drive (might be confirmation bias :D ).

It will not replace MC and Unbalance for all operations but they will probably be relegated to niche applications now. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Aeloth said:

I've probably found a bug.

No, it is actually by design. When selecting multiple sources the rename function becomes a move function.

This is primarily because I don't know a good way to handle multi rename, but ideas are welcome.

Something that puzzled be before hit me again this morning.

Consider this move:

To: /mnt/disks/pool_ssd/NZBGet/complete/Movies/

If I do this with MC it's happening almost immediately - it's a real MOVE. If I do this with File Manager it's a COPY/DELETE.

Why is it like this? Just curious.

Sorry, it's me again, on my mission to make your plugin even better ;-)

Beside from the MOVE problem mentioned above, I saw an additional minor problem just now:

I did edit a file, save, and after saving the modification date of that file does not change in the folder view. After refreshing the page in my browser, the new modification date was shown. The file in question:

/mnt/pool_nvme/system/appdata/swag/nginx/site-confs/nextcloud. The file has no extension, it's stored on a Unraid pool.

Thanks again for your good work. As you see, I'm using your plugin a lot ...

@hawihoney thanks for using and testing the plugin :)

I made a fix for the bug you found, a new version is available.

Regarding MOVE. Copy and move operations are executed in the background using rsync. This always involves a copy action, followed by a delete action (if move is done). This is done as a fail-safe operation in case an incompatible source + destination is chosen by the user (though DFM does not allow such an operation). Most people know this as the "User Share Copy Bug.".

See 

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, bonienl said:

Added a Search function, see new version.

Just tried the new search function but I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (@71|1649724282 ) at position 3 (|): Unexpected character in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/include/Browse.php:83 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/include/Browse.php(83): DateTime->__construct('@71|1649724282\n') #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/include/Browse.php(152): my_age('71|1649724282\n') #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/include/Browse.php on line 83

Let me know if you need diagnostics and I'll DM them to you.

UPDATE: looks like the initial folder load for my very large Movies share is what produces the error. I can still manually click on the Search button and it does successfully search the folder so it's still useable - see the photo below.

One option that I would like to see for the search function is for it to tell me which disk(s) in the array the file(s) reside on.

FileManagerSearchError.thumb.jpg.6b591002a24e5b60c01023ac45d1922e.jpg

Edited by AgentXXL
Updated to state that search itself still works
On 5/13/2022 at 4:53 PM, bonienl said:

Copy and move operations are executed in the background using rsync.

This reminded me of user who just a couple of days ago lost data by moving files with rsync using the same for source and destination, if you move a folder with the plugin where source and dest are the same (both with disk or user shares) and check the "override existing files" option the folder will be deleted, of course I don't consider this a bug since it should never be done, but if it's allowed I fear sooner or later someone will do it, so if you can prevent the dest being the same as source I think it would be a good idea.

10 hours ago, AgentXXL said:

Just tried the new search function but I get this error:

9 hours ago, AussieCut said:

I had a similar issue to previous post since update but error comes up when i try and run a calculate the size of several folders before moving

This could be due to the high number of items and PHP running out of memory, not sure!

I have revised the browse function a bit to avoid a potential error depending on file names.

10 hours ago, AgentXXL said:

One option that I would like to see for the search function is for it to tell me which disk(s) in the array the file(s) reside on.

The disk location(s) is now added in the search results.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, bonienl said:

This could be due to the high number of items and PHP running out of memory, not sure!

I have revised the browse function a bit to avoid a potential error depending on file names.

The disk location(s) is now added in the search results.

Thank you! The change for the browse function has eliminated the error. And I really appreciate the addition of disk location.

Two minor issues - very minor is the File Manager 'toolbar' being at the bottom of the chosen folder. With a library like mine which is quite large, I just have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. The other minor issue is the search now takes much longer than it did prior to the change to the browse function.

Regardless, appreciate your work and sent you a donation to thank you for this.

41 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

the File Manager 'toolbar' being at the bottom of the chosen folder.

Under Display Settings, change Listing Height = Fixed

41 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

now takes much longer than it did prior to the change

This is the consequence of looking up the disk location(s). Anything under /mnt/user or /mnt/user0 needs an attribute lookup, which consumes more time.

Ps. It helps to install the Dynamix Cache Directories plugin, which keeps folder listings in RAM.

• Thanks 1