Dynamix File Manager

Hello, it's my first post.

I build up a completely new unraid server and use dynamics file server to copy all data of my backup system ( external hdd. I know it needs time.

However, I have a question.

I'm currently copying 13 folders bit sometimes I cannot see the remaining time or status.

At the beginning, it was possible to the the progress status of the document which the program is copying. But not the remaining time of complete 13 folders.

If I check now, I see nothing, no remaining time of document nor of 13 folders. Is this a bug of my system or of the software. Maybe its too much data, approx 3 TB :)Screenshot_20230116_154001.thumb.jpg.334f6b30dfa0587c52449c43be7b5437.jpg

Thanks a lot 

Issue is solved.

It`s up to the parity check.
I paused it and it was fixed.

As long as parity check is not running I could see the information incl. speed and remaing time.

When parity check is running and reading data from the same disk, it will hide the information of copy window 

Edited by SBH
Issue is solved

I've started using midnight commander the built in file browser. open up a new console window & type mc.

In the GUI you can use the mouse to save time. Once you get the hang of it - it's basically like any other 'finder' or 'explorer' but much much faster than this dynamic file browser plugin.. probably because it's outside of the fuse filesystem or something. The same 30gb transfer was almost instant vs 3mins with this. This plugin is still brilliant for quickly viewing folders & moving or deleting small folders.

Edited by dopeytree
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, dopeytree said:

much much faster than this dynamic file browser plugin.. probably because it's outside of the fuse filesystem

mc works anywhere in the filesystem, so it can do things that could break Unraid or cause irretrievable data loss with a simple copy operation if you mix disk and fuse (user share) locations improperly. The Dynamix File Manager has data safety as first priority.

If you know what you are doing and know how not to shoot yourself in the foot mc is definitely faster.

• Like 1

so this is frustrating;  when i click a folder to move, i expect the contents INCLUDING the folder to move into the folder i selected...not just the contents of that folder!  but it seems like it only moves the contents, and deletes the containing folder (which i selected to move).  This is really dumb!  It should intuitively, move the whole folder, that was selected, not just the data contained...if i wanted to move JUST the data, i should have to go into that folder and select the files to move (as any other file manager has always done).  
Am i missing some logic here?

Edited by miicar
23 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

@bonienl Would it be possible to add more extensions to supported file formats? For example *.py for Python scripts (and many more textbased sourcecode files).

I know, the file manager is no full blown sourcecode editor, but sometimes a quick view on a sourcecode file would help a lot.

Thanks for listening.

This answer helped me:

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I'm having an inconsistent issue on Unraid version 6.11.5 that i have just been able to track down using the syslog the error I'm getting is below. when this happens the server GUI can be logged into but that is about the only thing that works. the GUI looks like its been reset to factory and i have tons of warnings and notifications. a reboot brings the system back but this error still occurs at random times on random days it use to be much worse almost every other day and i thought I fixed the issue until it just happened again. I've seen other post similar to this just pointing to a different dynamix location causing the issue. but i haven't seen a clear answer on what to do or a final post on what solved there issue.

I noticed this morning that my server seemed like it was running fine but the bottom still showed starting services even though everything was running. so i restarted the server and once it was back up i went to check my syslog again and noticed i didn't have file manager plug in running anymore. So i went to the plugins tab and noticed that it was listed under the Plugin files install errors with status as ERROR for /boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.file.manager.plg.

I'm not really sure what to do here just delete the plugin (id like to keep it as i use it quite often) is this something I've done with my settings or setup or some other conflicting plug in?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 413106712 bytes) in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/include/Browse.php</b> on line <b>62</b><br />

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, dopeytree said:

Navigate to  appdata

Open a few folders

find a file with a wierd name like tea.hbx then click it.

It opens a 'preview'.

When you choose download -> it downloads 'FileName.html'

Works fine for normal files like cat.jpeg

Is it possible to fix the file downloads. Its wiping the file type & the original filenames?

Would be cool to be able to download .dng file. 

I don't really understand why any file type stop downloads working.

Many thanks wise folk 🙂

FileName-2

Edited by dopeytree

With the new version 2023.02.19, I'm unable to see any files when opening up shares. The screen just shows zero files. Everything worked great until this updated version. Is there a way to downgrade versions for plugins?

image.thumb.png.cb930e9abba822b4bef13d41d38b5748.png

Edit: a server reboot appears to have resolved the issue.

Edited by Salzgablah
On 3/21/2022 at 3:34 AM, bonienl said:

Yes, the "Proceed" button is still visible but disabled. Nothing will happen when you press it again.

Clicking on 'X' closes the dialog and allows the user to navigate in the GUI as normal, the running operation continues in the background (even when the browser is closed).

When the user revisits the File Manager it will re-open the dialog with the current status. This even works when the File Manager is opened on a different PC/browser.

Clicking on 'Cancel' terminates the running operation, keep in mind that this may leave an incomplete operation. E.g. canceling a move operation half way will result in some files being moved but not all.

I don't think "Clicking on 'Cancel' terminates the running operation, keep in mind that this may leave an incomplete operation. E.g. canceling a move operation half way will result in some files being moved but not all." is working as intended on my machine running v2023.02.19 

Steps to reproduce:
1. start a copy operations (mine was >1tb consisting of many files)

2. cancel copy operation

3. process will still be running in htop, dynamix  UI will not show that a copy is taking place. The copy continues to pick up more files in the list as opposed to stopping part way through or finishing current whole file then stopping. 

Thoughts?

I noticed that the ACE Editor settings (Ctrl+,) like theme or text size are not saved. As soon as you exit the editor and open it again, the default settings are loaded again.
There are also display problems with the Black and White Base Themes. Themes with a vertical menu bar like Azure and Grey are not affected.
The problem also affects other plugins that use the ACE editor, like User Scripts.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been using unraid for a while with no problems. But since I updated the plugin I have problems copying or moving files. the problem consists in the unjustified time in copying and moving and at the end of the operation the cpu continues to be busy as if it were still working for at least a couple of minutes. another oddity is that when I right-click the menu popup stays frozen on the screen until I refresh the page. Wondering if anyone is having the same problem. The installed version is 2023.03.01
Thanks to anyone who will give me feedback

Hello,

I have very similar experience like you. I am relatively new to Unraid and I wanted to backup my VM vdisk (137GB) to my array. First time it goes fine with speed corresponding to array, however when I need to do it second time it takes enormous time and it is doing very strange things, like creating 4 other files of the copied file and in the end they are deleted, high CPU consumption...

I described it in detail here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/135840-copy-of-single-big-file-vdisk-using-unraid-file-explorer/#comment-1236583

Can somebody explain a little bit more about it?

Thank you!

EDIT: I missed error in "Plugins Error" tab where was listed also File Manager. So I clicked uninstall. I also uninstalled again this plugin from standard Plugins tab. Afterwards I installed plugin again and it looks like that it is working again.

EDIT 2: Unfortunately described issue is present again.

In the meantime I did exactly same copy operation directly from Windows and it works flawlessly.

Edited by ELP1

An observation about the Upload function.  I was experimenting (OK, playing with) with Dynamix File Manager and found what I considered to be odd behavior when using this function. I upload a file from my PC and this is the resulting owner, group and permissions of that file obtained using the GUI Terminal screen:

image.png.ec418c6e968a637d03082e3e4afe508c.png

I though this looked a bit strange. So I created a file in the same directory using the Linux touch command and this is the result:

image.png.dfda826e1884f2cdf720b698c0404420.png

I can understand the owner groups both being root but I am puzzled at the permissions difference between the two files.  

Several points:

1. I realize that this can be fixed with either of the two New Permissions scripts if necessary
  2. It appeared from my testing (somewhat limited) that the SMB operations were not affected by this situation using Unraid 6.11.5. I did no testing using NFS.
  3. I am concerned that future changes to Samba might be impacted by these present settings.
  4. What reason is there that this plugin should not be creating files as nobody as the owner and users as the group?
  5. I also observed that this file manager does not show or provide for making changes to the group.  Why not?

Edited by Frank1940
Item 3 was "I am worried that future changes to SMB might be impacted by these present settings. "
6 hours ago, cholzer said:

my filemanager plugin keeps disapearing.
I just installed it for like the 4th time in the last 6 months.
this is the only plugin I have this problem with.

I’ve noticed this same issue as well. Seems to happen randomly but I’ll have to go into apps>recent>plugins and re-install it.

• Upvote 1