Dynamix File Manager

11 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Latest version is 2023.04.02. Works fine for me on Unraid 6.11 and 6.12

Do you use this version?

I believe that is the version it updated to. I'm currently running unraid 6.11.5

It updated without issue. When I started a copy from a pool drive to an array drive, I minimized the window and switched to another page and then my screen went blank, as shown in the screenshot above.

Syslog doesn't show anything either.

from syslog:

Apr  2 05:33:28 TheVoid root: plugin: running: anonymous
Apr  2 05:33:28 TheVoid root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/dynamix.file.manager.txz - downloading from URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.file.manager.txz
Apr  2 05:33:28 TheVoid root: plugin: checking: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/dynamix.file.manager.txz - MD5
Apr  2 05:33:28 TheVoid root: plugin: running: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.manager/dynamix.file.manager.txz
Apr  2 05:33:29 TheVoid root: plugin: running: anonymous
Apr  2 05:33:29 TheVoid root: plugin: dynamix.file.manager.plg updated
Apr  2 05:34:08 TheVoid flash_backup: adding task: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/scripts/UpdateFlashBackup update
Apr  2 05:35:47 TheVoid webGUI: Successful login user root from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

25 minutes ago, bonienl said:

This works fine for me.

Can you open the browser console, this is usually CTRL+SHIFT+i

Are there any javascript error messages when you try to open a GUI page?

Yes, I just saw its getting network error:

[Network error] TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. unraid.min.js:xxx:xxxxxx
[SET_MY_SERVERS_ERROR]:  NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. unraid.min.js:xxx:xxxxxx
Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/graphql. client.js:xxx:xxx
The connection to wss://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/graphql was interrupted while the page was loading.

6 hours ago, Docshaker said:

I believe that is the version it updated to. I'm currently running unraid 6.11.5

It updated without issue. When I started a copy from a pool drive to an array drive, I minimized the window and switched to another page and then my screen went blank, as shown in the screenshot above.

Same thing has happened to me. Am running Unraid 6.11.5, and pretty sure I am running latest version of the plugin as the server is only a few days old and I just updated most of the plugins. 

Startet a transfer from one array drive to another array drive, minimized the transfer window to do something else, and now all I see is the top menu with "dashboard", "main", "shares" etc.

Have tried both safari and chrome, same result.

Any suggestions?

Ok, I found the issue and made an update. Please install version 2023.04.03

Thanks.

Ps. For those experiencing the issue, you need to wait until the background task is completed, after that the GUI is restored and you can update the plugin.

• Thanks 1

The background task was completed 8 hours ago for me, I am still not seeing anything on the GUI.

Am i able to update it using the terminal? and if so, what is the syntax to do so.

Thank you for the quick response and fix, your hard work is appreciated.

Edited by Docshaker

Sorry if this is a rehashed issue, there are a ton of pages on this thread and not enough time in the day!

I went to move a file from a folder to another folder in the same share and instead of an instant move, DFM started to perform a copy procedure.

Is this normal mode of operation?

@Frank1940 Just to understand, are you saying that if original file, in the array, is located on drive6 and Unraid determined that the file should be stored on drive5, then it would run a copy/delete rather than a move operation?

If that's the case, I think that should be viewed as, mabye not a full on bug in DFM, but at least an oversight. I am moving a file within the same user share, not across the drives in the array after all.

2 minutes ago, aglyons said:

Just to understand, are you saying that if original file, in the array, is located on drive6 and Unraid determined that the file should be stored on drive5, then it would run a copy/delete rather than a move operation?

Yep.  That's how I would have written the code but to be honest, I didn't.

5 minutes ago, aglyons said:

If that's the case, I think that should be viewed as, mabye not a full on bug in DFM, but at least an oversight. I am moving a file within the same user share, not across the drives in the array after all.

I started to write a explanation of reasons why this might be a more difficult task than it might appear.  Let's leave it to @bonienl to respond if he decides to devote the time required to answer your question.

2 hours ago, aglyons said:

Not a bug or oversight.

DFM has a "smart move" function, which determines based on source and destination if a copy/delete or move operation will be done.

SMART move also looks at which level you are inside a user share to make a decision about the operation to use.

DFM is centered around "safety", because DFM is fully aware of the specific file structure of Unraid, it will protect the user against undesired operations, unlike regular file managers which do not recognize the Unraid file structure.

• Thanks 2

I made an update for DFM, which enhances the use of the "Search" function.

You can select one or more sources for the search function, similar to the Calculate function.

Long duration searches can be minimized and progress can be followed in the footer.

• Thanks 1

After certain actions like copy, move or rename, creating a new folder or changing permissions or the owner, the create and upload buttons are greyed out until I reload the page. Is this a known bug?

Also, the editor close button looks like this:

1118012750_Bildschirmfoto2023-04-07um13_37_14.png.85b650f2c109623a67e7292a0149238f.png

Edited by kennymc.c

2 Things, I was in the middle of a move and accidently hit the update button in a seperate tab, did this screw up my move? I assume it did but Im hoping theres some way that its fine

Second the button to open the gui isnt working anymore? Is this a known issue or something I broke?

Edited by Wadert3
20 hours ago, kennymc.c said:

After certain actions like copy, move or rename, creating a new folder or changing permissions or the owner, the create and upload buttons are greyed out until I reload the page. Is this a known bug?

This is a bug indeed, is corrected in version 2023.04.08

20 hours ago, kennymc.c said:

Also, the editor close button looks like this:

Another bug, and corrected in version 2023.04.08

Thanks for reporting

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, hawihoney said:

Can you please explain the search feature to me?

1. The search function only finds files
  2. When no folders are selected then the search function searches all underlaying folders from the current view
  3. In the latest version you can select folders to limit the search function only for those selected folders
  4. You need to use wildcards to find part of names. In your case search for *imdb*
  5. Another example: *.pdf finds any PDF files

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Wadert3 said:

2 Things, I was in the middle of a move and accidently hit the update button in a seperate tab, did this screw up my move? I assume it did but Im hoping theres some way that its fine

Second the button to open the gui isnt working anymore? Is this a known issue or something I broke?

The background process isn't stopped when updating the plugin, however a move operation consists of two steps and it might be that you ended up with everything moved but not cleaned up the source (empty folders exist)

The button to open the GUI isn't broken, likely something happened to your install. Try a server reboot to start fresh.

22 hours ago, aidoniskostas said:

I would like to ask for a feature that is missing... When you have remote shares from unasigned devices plugin you can copy from them to unraid but not to them!!!

I will look into this for a future version.

Thanks

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bonienl said:

You need to use wildcards to find part of names. In your case search for *imdb*

Ah, I see. The label "Search string" is misleading. It should be named e.g. "Search pattern" or even something that's more correct IMHO. The "Search string" "imdb" does not find anything.