UNRAID - split drive into virtual drives to allocate to different VMs?, also: Multiple OS' with one GPU?

Dear unRAID-Community/
I am looking to split my computer into multiple virtual ones in order to seperate a hosting OS for a gameserver and 1, later possibly 2, gaming VMs.

(for better performance allocation and security)
My current setup:
Ryzen 7 3800x 8C 16T cpu --> Has all virtualization support that is required, however no integrated graphics

RX 580 8GB graphics card
1 2TB NVMe SSD 

also: I have a phone connected to the same network in order to remote control/ setup over network (http://tower ? ) if thats doable so i dont need more than one graphics card

My questions:

Is it possible to virtually split my SSD into multiple virtual storage devices in unRAID in order to not have to buy another one? I am not worried about redundancy or any parity drives, its a new drive and the data is not particularly important.

(I understand that for a 2nd gaming setup I would definitely require a second graphics card, but)    Is it possible to run the system with that hardware, possibly by setting up a second OS without a UI/without a display output  by remote controlling it or just controlling it via the network (FTP/shell/better soloutions I dont know about, like allocating the graphics card to different VMs at different bootups?) ?

TL:DR: Can you split an SSD virtually? Could my setup function like this? Is there a smart way to controll 2 OS' simultaneously, with just one graphics card? (one would need the graphics card one, the other for the rest of the time)
Thank you for replying!

Thank you for your answer! Seems rather complicated, but that isn't really a big issue for me anyways...

By the second question I am asking if its doable/ user friendly for a non-experienced user to have multiple VMs with only one graphical output available.
Can I somehow have a video output to my phone or else, so that I can install/deinstall/etc stuff on the 2nd VM? For example if there were a feature for that on the unRAID webservice where you can manage your VMs through some form of remote access?

5 hours ago, flex4711 said:

Thank you for your answer! Seems rather complicated, but that isn't really a big issue for me anyways...

By the second question I am asking if its doable/ user friendly for a non-experienced user to have multiple VMs with only one graphical output available.
Can I somehow have a video output to my phone or else, so that I can install/deinstall/etc stuff on the 2nd VM? For example if there were a feature for that on the unRAID webservice where you can manage your VMs through some form of remote access?

Yes, one thing you can do is set your primary video card to VNC. That way it doesn't actually output to a monitor but you can access the video output through the webui. As Mentioned, Spaceinvader One has several videos on VMs and other stuff. It's a great resource, even for experienced users.