Unable to reach GUI

z0ki

Hi guys, 

Have had an issue arise recently and not sure what is going on. But I am unable to get into my GUI. I get greeted with the unable to reach screen and that's it. 

[snip]

I am able to SSH into it, and all of my shares are accessible in Windows. I am just not able to get into the Web GUI. 

I tried to delete the network.cfg but no change. It's frustrating as I haven't had this issue before and not sure what else I can do. 

unraidserver-diagnostics-20220313-0949.zip

***EDIT

Now for some reason it saying my SSH password is wrong, so I cant SSH into it, Safe Mode is showing Cannot Connect. But all my shares are still accessible via Windows 

Edited by ljm42
removed image with private information

I think I may have fixed it. 

I used the command 

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start

and it threw some errors. I then deleted the SSL folder from my /config folder on my flash drive and low and behold I was able to log in. Albeit my password was missing for my login but everything seems to be working. Oddly I did see a isos and domain share come up all of a sudden for some reason not sure why. 

But, so far it seems all is well. I will keep an eye on it and if all is good after a few reboots I will mark this as solved. 

The syslog shows:

Mar 13 09:45:29 unRaidServer root: Starting Nginx server daemon...
Mar 13 09:45:29 unRaidServer root: nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/ssl/certs/unraid_bundle.pem": PEM_read_bio_X509() failed (SSL: error:0908F066:PEM routines:get_header_and_data:bad end line)

It appears that your certificate was corrupted somehow. Deleting config/ssl/certs/* from the flash drive is the perfect fix, deleting all of config/ssl/* is fine too.

Did you restart the server or just nginx? If you just restarted nginx then it is likely you weren't prompted to input your root password because your browser still had a valid session from before.

I'd recommend rebooting the server and confirm you are prompted to login in order to access the webgui.  If you are not, then your flash drive my be dying (if it lost track of both your root password and your SSL cert, I'd be worried). You should make a backup ( Main -> Boot Device -> Flash -> Flash Backup ) and get a new USB drive on order "just in case"

• 1 month later...

I had a very similar error to this.  When I typed in the IP address of the admin page I received this:

[snip]

I restarted my unRaid server and this error still persisted.

Used SSL to get into the server.

ran the /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx status command, the result was:

"Nginx is running"

typed the commands:

use_ssl no

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart

I was then able to get to the admin page and start the array.

hardunraidtower-diagnostics-20220414-0843.zip

Edited by ljm42
removed image with private information
On 4/14/2022 at 5:47 AM, GregInSparta00 said:

Used SSL to get into the server.

ran the /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx status command, the result was:

"Nginx is running"

typed the commands:

use_ssl no

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart

I was then able to get to the admin page and start the array.

I don't see any errors in the logs, but that was a good solution.

It is possible that whatever the issue was, it has already been fixed in a newer rc.