Disk Read Errors After Mobo Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hello.

I just finished upgrading my mobo from an Asus Ryzen to an Asus Intel PRIME Z590-A with an i5-10400 and LSI 3008 HBA on my backup system.  After spending some time tweaking the bios to get up and running, I had read errors on disk 5.  Ran a smart test that came back fine.  Cleaned and reseated connections, tried to reset the config, but same results.  I moved disk 5 to another bay and reset config, and again after a short bit disk 5 was disabled with read errors.  Now, disk 6 is also showing read errors.  Could it be that I have some drives on the HBA and some on the mobo SATA controller?  This was the configuration before.  The only thing I changed besides the momo, cpu, memory was I upgraded the cache to a 1TB samsung 980 Pro NVME and I had to change to UEFI to use the quick sync GPU. 

Thanks for your help!

Jon

bunker-diagnostics-20220313-1253.zip

Thanks Squid!

I did try all that before.  Did it again and made it worse.  What I missed was the power cable to the drive enclosure must not have been making good connection.  Seems to be working now.  Appreciate the help and all the awesome work you do for the community.

Have a good one!