Unraid only filling one drive

Super Noob to Unraid, so please bare with me.

Recently setup unraid with 2x6tb drives to start off with and started to move data to the media share I created. I only see the one drive filling up though. The share is set ti High-Water, and to include all disks, As well as the global share settings.

I did notice that if I look at these two paths in Krusader I can see the same data in them as I am moving data from one drive outside of the array into the array.

media/disk1/Media

media/user/Media

The files are visible in Plex on the /mnt/user/Media/ path so I would have thought the data would be across the array instead of just the one disk.

Is it because when I moved the data in Krusader from the other dive I used this path media/disk1/Media. Figured since it is on the Media on the user path it would be the same place.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.25.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.26.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.26.35 PM.png

When you explicitly specify a drive you are bypassing the user share system and forcing the data to the drive in question.

5 hours ago, Purewhiteninja said:

media/disk1/Media

media/user/Media

you are right that in one sense they can be different views of the same files, but The user share path includes all drives with a ‘Media’ folder at the top level whereas the drive level path is restricted to that drive only.   You might find it worth reading the description of how User Shares are I’m-lamented in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.

27 minutes ago, Purewhiteninja said:

So if I were to move the data from the disk1 path to the user patch

Do NOT do this. 

Mixing a disk path and a user share path in the same command is very likely to lead to data loss  :( 

I would suggest explicitly moving some files from the disk1 path to an equivalent disk2 path or use the unBalance plugin.

16 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Do NOT do this. 

Mixing a disk path and a user share path in the same command is very likely to lead to data loss  :( 

I would suggest explicitly moving some files from the disk1 path to an equivalent disk2 path.

Okay, I will just delete the data from disk01 then and then move is again from the source drive to the correct share path then to avoid any loss of data. Appreciate all the feedback!