Clean reboot parity check...

2 minutes ago, superderpbro said:

Every (rare) time i've done a clean reboot in the last few months it starts a parity check. Why?

You say it is a clean reboot, but an automatic parity check suggests that Unraid thinks it was not.   What makes you think the shutdown was clean and none of the shutdown timers took effect?   Have you tried stopping the array before doing the reboot to see if you get the same symptoms?

I would suggest you enable the syslog server with the option to mirror to flash drive and post your diagnostics and the syslog server file that is generated so we can get a better view of what happens during the reboot sequence

Just now, superderpbro said:

I press the reboot button (Reboot will activate a clean system reset.). I always just assumed it did what it says it does. If i set the mirror would i need to reunderp-diagnostics-20220314-0024.zipboot again for it to show anything? 

Unraid will be attempting to do a clean shutdown but not necessarily succeed.   You may find this item from the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI to be worth looking at.

Yes - you would need to reboot again to gather the relevant information as a normal syslog of the sort included in the diagnostics is RAM based and only covers the boot sequence - not the earlier shutdown one.   Note that You do not want to leave the option to mirror syslog to flash enabled all the time as it can cause a large amount of writes to the flash thus potentially shortening its lifetime.    The option is primarily intended for troubleshooting issues like the one you describe.

5 minutes ago, superderpbro said:

usually have putty running. I always forget to close it when running MC. Maybe this is why?

This would stop Unraid stopping the array cleanly if the putty session has an array location as its current working directory.   I seem to remember a plugin that helps with closing such sessions tidily during a shutdown sequence (but I am not near my Unraid server to look for its name).

33 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I seem to remember a plugin that helps with closing such sessions tidily during a shutdown sequence (but I am not near my Unraid server to look for its name).

The plugin I mentioned to handle open putty sessions is Dynamix Stop Shell.  It could be worth you installing this?