LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes

Hi all can i pelase ask that controler 

1* HP DL380e Gen8 P420 - 512MB FBWC

2* HP Smart Array P420 G8 - FH PCIe-x8 RAID

3* Adaptec ASR-51245 - FH PCIe-x8

can be flashed to TI ? to use normal disk on system windows or not posible ? i try to find but dont se any bios for it.

That controler are 3gb/s so understound accept disk under 4tb ?

Edited by f4n4tyk
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone I'm new here, I have 2 LSI MegaRAID 9261-8i 8-Port PCI-E 6Gb/s SATA/SAS Raid Controller Card, I read that to be used correctly with FreeNAS / unraid they need to be set in IT MODE. To date I have not found information on how to do or if at least it is possible or not to flash these cards in IT MODE. Can you help me out. Thank you.

Edited by uiblog.it
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm currently preparing my LSI Logic LSI00301 Host Bus Adapter (SAS 9207-8i) for Unraid.

The Config Utility is showing me: SAS9207-8i FW Revision: 20.00.00.00-IT

I saw that the latest version on the Broadcom HP is:

9207-8i_Package_P20_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows
Package_P20_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows
Version: 20.00.07.00

The card is currently in a Windows 10 PC, with no HDDs attached. Can I use the included sas2flash_win_x64_rel and the corresponding flash file from the HBA_9207_8i_IT Folder to just upgrade it in Windows?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Did I just brick my new IBM M1015?

I have a bootable freedos stick made in Rufus, and with all the files on it.
The card starts, get into Dos and do the megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin and I get No MR controller(s) found.

Now the card is dead, no leds, heat sink is cold. Not seeing any signs of the card in bios or dos like I did before. Megarec -adplist gives me nothing.

Is the card trash now or can it be salvaged? 

Edited by PerssonNiklas
  • 5 weeks later...

Just successfully flashed my PERC H310.  Thanks for all the work here.

A couple tips for the wiki - 

• On my ASUS Prime B360M-C, I had change the USB configuration to emulate hard drive to the USB to boot correctly in FreeDOS
  • To switch device in UEFI Shell is actually FSX: (took me a while to figure out the colon is required)
  • Maybe specify that you need to run the X.nsh from UEFI Shell, as .bat & .exe won't run (I didn't see it anywhere, but eventually figured it out.

I apologize if anything's already been covered.  I didn't read every post!  :)

-cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

yesterday I flashed a LSI 9211-81 with P20 firm on IT mode.
Unraid detects the card but I can't see any hard drive, I don't know if cable is wrong or the card doesn't work with SAS hard disks of 4TB ( I have 2)
I have connected one of the hard disk sata to the card and reconizes it without problems, So I think that cable isn't correct,
Please, could you say me a cable that works with sas hard disks?
Thanks in advance.

Captura de pantalla 2022-02-22 a las 13.11.31.png

5 hours ago, decibelio99 said:

I don't know if cable is wrong

The cable description seems OK.

5 hours ago, decibelio99 said:

or the card doesn't work with SAS hard disks of 4TB

Would seem weird that a SAS controller do not work with SAS drives and I do not think that the chip is old enough not to work with 4TB drives.

Silly question, but you did plug SATA power to the SAS connector ? (we had the issue lately on the forum :))

11 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

The cable description seems OK.

Would seem weird that a SAS controller do not work with SAS drives and I do not think that the chip is old enough not to work with 4TB drives.

Silly question, but you did plug SATA power to the SAS connector ? (we had the issue lately on the forum :))

Silly question, but you did plug SATA power to the SAS connector ? (we had the issue lately on the forum :)

Yes, yes,😀  I know that drivers need DC for working. I am reading that threat
I am going to switch on the opt rom.
Thanks for the answer.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Everything looks normal with the HBA, it's being initialized correctly, but nothing being detected, so likely a device/cable problem, also make sure the disk is spinning up, some won't if there's 3.3v on the connector.

This is one of the drives and the power supply. I go to the Seagate page for information.

Normally, how much power do a sas need?

Thanks

hdd.jpg

fuente-alimentacion-nox-hummer-x600w-80-bronze.png

12 minutes ago, decibelio99 said:

Normally, how much power do a sas need?

It's not a question of how much power, it's a feature on some drives:

https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/collateral/tech-brief/tech-brief-western-digital-power-disable-pin.pdf

Though yours is an older model so probably not affected, do you hear it spining up and is the drive detected in the LSI BIOS?

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/collateral/tech-brief/tech-brief-western-digital-power-disable-pin.pdf

Though yours is an older model so probably not affected, is the drive detected in the LSI BIOS?

Yes, I tried in another pc and the card neither detected any drive.

18 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Though yours is an older model so probably not affected, is the drive detected in the LSI BIOS?

Yes, I tried in another pc and the card neither detected any drive.

It was the cable... I just connect it and works
lots of thank all

Captura de pantalla 2022-02-23 a las 12.21.00.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2011 at 8:16 AM, madburg said:

Another read from the LSI KnowledgeBase "Using drives >2TB in capacity with LSI SAS HBAs":http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16399.aspx

In case someone has trouble to look for this KB article. The URL is now here

Just to clarify, LSI 1086E will support SAS drives greater than 2TB, but not SATA drives. Confirmed this in my Dell R410 with SAS 6/iR HBA. All 4 x 3TB SAS drives are recognised.