LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes

OK guys, I give up I have bought two of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190624631987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1748wt_1398.

Tried in dos

Windows 7

ESXI

Not sure what else there is left to try.  It seems like every tie I make head way I get hit with the dreaded PAL error.  I have officially run out of boards to attempt it on.  I am unable to flash them with any of the 5 mother boards I have.  I am starting to pull whats left of my hair out.  At this point I am willing to pay to have some one do them for me.  Any takers?

what boards have you tried it on?

also where are you located? if your in Chicago, I'll do it for free.

Located in DC.  I have tried with a Asus P8Z68, SuperX9CFM-F two dells and and older asus that slips my mind at the moment.  Really busting my chops at this time.  I would be willing to send them to you are are up for it.

Ok I am able to run the sas2flsh on my unraid box super micro x7sbe. 

However it is not finding any LSI adapters.  I was able to run the commands to clean it and restart.  It no longer has lights on it when booting up.  And when i try to run the sas2flsh flash it it says it can not find any adapters.  The command i am using is

sas2flsh -o -f 2108it.bin -b mptsas2.rom

Any thoughts or clues?

thanks

OK now they I can finally get into the configuration, when I set Boot Support to "disabled" it disables the card altogether. The other options are, enabled BIOS only, enables IS only and enabled BIOS & IS only.

EDIT: It turns out that the drives show up in unRaid even though I get the message "adapter disabled by user" during boot. I guess that just means the RAID controller is disabled.

However it is not finding any LSI adapters.  I was able to run the commands to clean it and restart.  It no longer has lights on it when booting up.  And when i try to run the sas2flsh flash it it says it can not find any adapters.  The command i am using is

Any thoughts or clues?

thanks

You cannot run the LSI utility on a M1015 natively...the card needs to be wiped first.

Use the toolset "LSIMegaRAID to SAS2008" provided by the OP to convert the card, here:http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg121131#msg121131

Follow all the steps as pointed out in the enclosed readme and you should do fine.

Any thoughts or clues?

thanks

You cannot run the LSI utility on a M1015 natively...the card needs to be wiped first.

Use the toolset "LSIMegaRAID to SAS2008" provided by the OP to convert the card, here:http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg121131#msg121131

Follow all the steps as pointed out in the enclosed readme and you should do fine.

Those are the files I am using. Thats where i am stuck at.  I have made it to step 4(reboot)  When I go to step 5 it tells me that there are no LSI adapters installed.  I have tried both the p10 an p11 files.  Not sure what steps to take next. I am sure I just need the correct sas2flsh.exe for the card I have tried everyone that i can find

Those are the files I am using. Thats where i am stuck at.  I have made it to step 4(reboot)  When I go to step 5 it tells me that there are no LSI adapters installed.  I have tried both the p10 an p11 files.  Not sure what steps to take next. I am sure I just need the correct sas2flsh.exe for the card I have tried everyone that i can find

The sas2flsh.exe supplied with the package should do the trick....I am out of my wits here, sorry.

You did use the DOS mode package and you did run the supplied .bat files in sequential order, right? (just curious, since you quoted your command-line).

The files should work, that is all I can say...if the card is now wiped...power-off for some time, that means pull the plug from your wall socket before trying step 5.

...try another PCIe Socket...try another mobo to flash it...try to revert the process and flash it back to M1015 as stated in kkm's post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg124393#msg124393

No luck i now can get step 5 to run with out the dreaded pal error but then it tells me that there is no LSI adapters installed..  Tried p7, p10 and p11.  Thoughts?

well low and behold.  I was at the gas station this morning and noticed they had an old POS power spec machine.  Asked if i could use it for a few minutes and 10 minutes later both cards flashed with no problems.  Yup had to flash mine at the gas station! Might have to buy a power spec just to do firmware updates :o(

Now off to start configuring the rest of my ESXI install...

I see the flash procedure for the Intel RS2WC080 works. Will this work on the RS2Bl080 too?

This is much nicer (and different card - based on SAS2108 chip). It looks like the LSI 9260-8i, IBM M5015

The procedure will be similar but you may have to use different tools and firmware.

Some quick search:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/servers/raid/raid-controller-rs2bl.html

http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/MegaRAIDSAS9260-8i.aspx

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271922-LSI-2108-based-card-cross-flashing-%28Dell-H700-LSI-9260-IBM-M5015-Intel-RS2BL080%29

Please let me know (PM or post here) what Card you have successfully flashed with the LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008 with the provided zip.

LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P10).zip - 6.38 MB (DOS, via bootable usb key)

LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P11).zip - 5.87 MB (DOS, via bootable usb key)

Ok will do. Last question - Do you know the difference between P10 and P11? Waiting on daughter to finisher her homework before I start the flashing process on her machine.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the last 18 pages but is there any update on using the IBM M1015 in regards to drive spin down support and drive temp readings? I ask because on page one they are both still listed as Cannot determined unless driver is added and tested.

I saw where it say the M1015 would become the LSI SAS9211 which has support for both drive spin down and drive temp readings but rather be safe and find out then get the hardware and it doesn't work.

I see the flash procedure for the Intel RS2WC080 works. Will this work on the RS2Bl080 too?

This is much nicer (and different card - based on SAS2108 chip). It looks like the LSI 9260-8i, IBM M5015

The procedure will be similar but you may have to use different tools and firmware.

Some quick search:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/servers/raid/raid-controller-rs2bl.html

http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/MegaRAIDSAS9260-8i.aspx

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271922-LSI-2108-based-card-cross-flashing-%28Dell-H700-LSI-9260-IBM-M5015-Intel-RS2BL080%29

I got a great deal on this card new, open box and 3 year warranty.  I would like to use it.  Are the drivers in the code?

Hello to all,

I'm new user here, but forum is so cool :)

I have IBM M1015 and I want to use it at my PC, but when is attach my card, always have this error message "No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system cannot continue."

I tried so many times to flash it and still have this problem. Yesterday asked one person at eBay, which sell LSI 9240-4i, to provide me SBR to can flash my card. Today sent me the file and tried to flash and still have same problem "No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system cannot continue."

I share this file with you, if some one can flash this card, to can use it at normal PC, because it is not possible for me. I paid $10 for this file :) So if some one is able to explain me how to flash my IBM M1015 to normal LSI 9240-4/8i will be cool :)

P.S. Please accept my apologies for my poor English :)

9240-4i_SBR.zip

Hello to all,

I'm new user here, but forum is so cool :)

I have IBM M1015 and I want to use it at my PC, but when is attach my card, always have this error message "No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system cannot continue."

I tried so many times to flash it and still have this problem. Yesterday asked one person at eBay, which sell LSI 9240-4i, to provide me SBR to can flash my card. Today sent me the file and tried to flash and still have same problem "No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system cannot continue."

I share this file with you, if some one can flash this card, to can use it at normal PC, because it is not possible for me. I paid $10 for this file :) So if some one is able to explain me how to flash my IBM M1015 to normal LSI 9240-4/8i will be cool :)

P.S. Please accept my apologies for my poor English :)

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg121131#msg121131

mikejp

I tried, but I do not want to use IR or IT mode. I want to use normal MegaRaid, iMR. The problem is that I'm not able to star any Windows. Only successed start Ubuntu Live and installed Ubuntu, after restart of PC to start Ubuntu, received error message  "out of memory". DOS is OK. Also installed Ubuntu and Windows 7 at my other HDD without attached M1015. After that attached M1015 and same error messages. For Ubuntu "out of memory", for Windows "No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system cannot continue."

No luck i now can get step 5 to run with out the dreaded pal error but then it tells me that there is no LSI adapters installed..  Tried p7, p10 and p11.  Thoughts?

well low and behold.  I was at the gas station this morning and noticed they had an old POS power spec machine.  Asked if i could use it for a few minutes and 10 minutes later both cards flashed with no problems.  Yup had to flash mine at the gas station! Might have to buy a power spec just to do firmware updates :o(

Now off to start configuring the rest of my ESXI install...

I almost left over when I just read this. GOOD STUFF! Hear I am recommending use a friends, neighbors, work PC;  whatever it takes. When clearly you can do it while filling up! LOL

CONGRATS!

Is 12a the recommended beta for use with an LSI controller at the moment?  Any drawbacks to using 12a coming from 14 (I seem to recall it was fine when I was running that version)?  Just got my m1015 and want to give it a whirl.

Just give it a whirl, make sure you dont have prod data when testing 5.0Beta14 (you've been warned).

Not sure if this was mentioned in the last 18 pages but is there any update on using the IBM M1015 in regards to drive spin down support and drive temp readings? I ask because on page one they are both still listed as Cannot determined unless driver is added and tested.

I saw where it say the M1015 would become the LSI SAS9211 which has support for both drive spin down and drive temp readings but rather be safe and find out then get the hardware and it doesn't work.

I just updated the OP (totally forgot, no one posted and I did not know at that time), 'Yes' to all three. I have some friends and know some a$$hole$ with these card's. They work just fine you will be happy.