LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes

Hi there, I used the the wrong bootable key for the Dell H310 and it appears that I wiped the SAS address as its now only showing 000000000000 is there a way to recover from this? I checked on the card and I cannot see anywhere where it is listed, there certainly is not a sticker for it. When use option 1 it does not list the SAS address. Did I now brick the card. I was still able to install the latest firmware I just don't have the SAS address.

I just used a slightly different SAS address of my 2nd Dell H310 controll and it appears that unraid is ok with that.

Edited by MrLondon
2 minutes ago, MrLondon said:

Hi there, I used the the wrong bootable key for the Dell H310 and it appears that I wiped the SAS address as its now only showing 000000000000 is there a way to recover from this? I checked on the card and I cannot see anywhere where it is listed, there certainly is not a sticker for it. When use option 1 it does not list the SAS address. Did I now brick the card. I was still able to install the latest firmware I just don't have the SAS address.

You can use sas2flash to set a sas address you can just make one up 😊

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2016 at 4:05 AM, Fireball3 said:

Interesting thing Dextros

I did some research on that Pike 2308.

From the spec it is a LSI 2308 Chipset.

This means, the equivalent LSI adaptor would be an LSI 9207 HBA.

The task is trying to crossflash the IT firmware of the LSI HBA to the Pike 2308.

I found a post on freenas explaining how to flash a Pike 2008 (although I have some doubts, that

the sequence of the info posted there is correct).

It sounds like the usual procedure that we use to flash the 9240 based cards.

That proves that crossflashing of those Pike cards is possible in principle.

I can support you, but it is highly experimental what you are trying to do!

It is possible that the card gets bricked in the process <-- you have been warned!

Do yo want to proceed, drop me a pm.

Hey Dextrose, I know this is a super old post, but I'm trying to do this exact thing. Any advice or guidance? I've flashed a Dell PERC H310 before, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,  I've been going round in circles all day trying to Flash a Perc H200, partly because of my own lack of knowledge, but also missing steps and info from many of the guides, this guide seems to have helped the most, but I keep arriving back at the same place with a bricked (or non functioning at least) card.  Ready to throw it out of the window, so thought I'd ask here before I do!

My motherboard has a UEFI BIOS.  The H200 was working prior to this, in so much as it was detected and I could enter the BIOS.

When running the .nsh files, it gets to a point where it says the card is not operational and that a firmware download is required.  Enter the file name of it or enter to continue (Or something along these lines).  I kind of thought the batch files would have done this, but it didn't, each time, it would just jump to the next step and nothing would happen.  In the end, I added the H200A firmware to that same directory and pointed it at that and it worked.  Then it would say skip step 4. then it says to run 5_DELL_IT\51ITDELL.nsh

It took me a while to figure out how to change directory in a shell and I managed to get that part done and then ran 6.nsh and that brought me back to the error message saying that the card is not operational and a firmware update is needed.  What do I do here, please?  I can't see any info for the UEFI BIOS regarding this.  Can anyone help a shell noob out please? 

So i jumped on the train and bought my self a LSI 9200 8i, and it is not pre flashed with IT mode fw. I have been reading about it to get some kind of knowlage how to do it when it arrives, but it cant hurt to ask in here aswell if anyone have any good guide or just read in this thread and follow a little here and a little there and hope for the best?

But if anyone knows or have a how to do list or a website with information is more then welcome to tell me and help me out.

hello,

I would like to start my fun with br10i raid controller to flash to IT mode.

But... any links to Supermicro tools aren't working.

If someone could share me tools for ubuntu or windows? I can't find any results in the internet as lot of materials targetting ftp,supermicro.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

I recently purchased an LSI 9211-8i based on my reading I assumed it would have to be flashed to IT mode to work with unraid however it still shows my drives and lets me start the array even though the card is running in IR mode. Has anyone experience that before? Is there a point flashing it to IT or should I just leave it as is? 

1 hour ago, supersaw said:

Hi Guys, 

I recently purchased an LSI 9211-8i based on my reading I assumed it would have to be flashed to IT mode to work with unraid however it still shows my drives and lets me start the array even though the card is running in IR mode. Has anyone experience that before? Is there a point flashing it to IT or should I just leave it as is? 

This normal, it should no big different if stay in IR.

5 hours ago, Benson said:

This normal, it should no big different if stay in IR.

Thanks I wasn't sure if there would be any problems down the track as all the guides talk about flashing it into IT mode. 

My friend who works in a datacenter and has had to flash many HBAs to IT mode before was also confused that it was passing through the disks in IR mode. 

But since it's working I may as well leave it less likelihood of me stuffing something up while im flashing it in DOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just purchased a IBM 1015 card and got the PAL issue. So tried the uefi method with same commands but didn't work, so I took and flashed the rom file first and bin file and now the card is recognized. But how do I check it is now converted correct and is in IT mode?

Thanks for the great info on this forum.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

If you're using Unraid post the syslog, it will show there.

Thanks for the answer. I made a picture of it and I think it's It mode, correct? 

My question is also should I upgrade the firmware to a newer if there's something better before I start with Unraid or is it okay? If so which one should I use? 

Thanks for the help. 

20191228_090251.jpg

Edited by Bjur