Use one nic for torrent containers only?

That`s not the reason. I am using Hotio`s images for my containers, so wireguard works perfectly.

I want the torrent`s containers on a separate nic so I dont have to share bandwidth on my local network when using plex locally or while transferring backups to and from my server etc.

By using separate nics all torrent traffic will go directly to my firewall/router and not interfere whit any other activity on my local network.

In the network settings of Unraid configure this interface (eth1) to use the bridge function (br1) and do NOT assign any IP addresses to the interface. You can chose to use IPv4 only or IPv4 and IPv6.

Under Docker settings you need to uncheck br0 as interface for custom networks and select interface br1 instead.

Configure br1 with the same subnet as used previously with br0. Make sure you select a DHCP pool which does not overlap with the DHCP pool of your router.

When configuring your docker containers, select custom network br1 as network. Docker containers may have either a dynamically allocated IP address (DHCP) or a fixed IP address.

The above allows your docker containers to use a separate NIC from your Unraid management connection.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Maybe. I was hoping there was a way to stop the server management from using that IP. IE when you browse to that IP you don’t connect to the login screen.

Actually, I think I found it. Settings>ethernet under the VLAN section the address assignment has 3 options. Automatic, static and none. Don’t know how I missed that. 🤦‍♂️