Hitachi 2TB 5K3000 for $65 after rebate

I purchased 2 on this deal, both precleared fine (3 cycles) and their packaging improved from the last 2 I bought before this deal.

Large box with two smaller boxes inside one for each drive in the black suspension plastic, picture below is with one of the HD boxes open. Wondering if other are receiving this type of packaging. I perfer this over the bubble wrapped cardboard I recieved in one small box before. Those shippers always throw, kick, etc boxes around.

UZiI3.jpg

^^ I've been wanting Newegg to do those plastic suspension things forever now, glad they've finally caught on. I got a Samsung drive from Newegg yesterday, and they just wrapped the drive in a sheet of bubble wrap, threw it in a small box, then threw that in a larger box. The outer box looks like someone sat on it. It's nearing the end of its first of 3 preclears. The last Hitachi drive I got a few weeks ago was just as crapily packaged.

^^ I've been wanting Newegg to do those plastic suspension things forever now, glad they've finally caught on. I got a Samsung drive from Newegg yesterday, and they just wrapped the drive in a sheet of bubble wrap, threw it in a small box, then threw that in a larger box. The outer box looks like someone sat on it. It's nearing the end of its first of 3 preclears. The last Hitachi drive I got a few weeks ago was just as crapily packaged.

Yep, hoping this is what will be the normal shipping method going forward for ALL. I get HP SAS drives like this for years.

Yep, hoping this is what will be the normal shipping method going forward for ALL. I get HP SAS drives like this for years.

From Newegg?

I purchase my last 2 from NewEgg and they came in this packaing above. My statement "hoping this is what will be the normal shipping method going forward for ALL" is hoping all the merchants we buy from NewEgg/Amzon/Buy.com etc... package SATA drives this way.

I you are referring to HP SAS drive, I dont buy them from NewEgg, but those would ship packaged the way HP packages them already.

Hope this makes it clearer

Mine arrived like that too. I wonder if I did it as I plugged it in top dock as server was on, then quickly removed as I didn't know it was aligned properly. Then it just started clicking over and over and didn't show up in Disk Management.

I personal though once you hot plug a drive at LEAST let it fully spin up before removing. I try not to hotplug add/remove unless absolutely necessary, perfer to shutdown first. I know what most will say, but I rather shutdown add 1-2 drives I just bought, bring it back up and start the array and then preclear those 1-2 new drives and add them to the array once done. Just my personal preference and nothing mission critical (not like you dont know if someone is watching something in your home, right  ;D).