Distribution of disks across controller ports

I am looking for advise how to distribute the disks across the controller ports and if memory upgrade will also help for better performance.

Here is my setup:

PCI Devices:

[1103:2300]02:00.0 SCSI storage controller: HighPoint Technologies, Inc. RocketRAID 230x 4 Port SATA-II Controller (rev 02)

[8086:0f23]00:13.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series SATA AHCI Controller (rev 0c)

Disks:

[0:0:0:0]disk SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 1.00 /dev/sda 30.7GB

[1:0:0:0]disk ATA Samsung SSD 860 4B6Q /dev/sdb 1.00TB

[2:0:0:0]disk ATA WDC WD20EFRX-68E 0A82 /dev/sdc 2.00TB

[4:0:0:0]disk ATA WDC WD20EFRX-68E 0A82 /dev/sdd 2.00TB

[5:0:0:0]disk ATA WDC WD20EFRX-68E 0A82 /dev/sde 2.00TB

[6:0:0:0]disk ATA WDC WD20EFRX-68E 0A82 /dev/sdf 2.00TB

I have 4 SATA-II Ports on the RocketRaid Controller, and 2 SATA-II Ports on the onboard Controller (E3800).

Currently I have all 4 WDC Disks connected to the RocketRaid Controller to be used as my Array with one Disk as Parity. The SSD is connected to the onboard Controller as Cache. EDIT: But I don't use Cache for my transfers

I am not happy with the performance as I reach 115MB/s upload data transfer only in the beginning of the transfer, but more worse only 80MB/s for download data transfer.

The system does only have 8GB Memory at the moment and I wonder if an upgrade to 16 GB will help with the performance.

In addition I consider to change the disk connections to distribute the load between the RockerRaid and the onboard Controller better. Maybe it is better to have the Parity Disk and one data disk connected to the onboard Controller, and the SSD connected to the RocketRaid Controller?

Any advise is very welcome!

EDIT: I configured the Rocket Raid Controller as JBOD

Edited by Kubernetes