Unraid server suddently have super slow (if any) connection speed

Found out more about my problem and figured id just make a new thread instead of edit this one.
heres my new thread: 

Hey, ive been using Unraid for about 7 months or so, never had any issues untill now.

I haven't had my unraid server on for the last 2 days (yes i turn off my server during night, a few of the people i live with is paranoid itll catch on fire during night) but it worked perfectly before today. When i started the server this morning the login WebUI took forever to load (around 2-3 minutes for login site) but once i finally logged in, thats when i realized something was actually wrong so i tried my first instict which was to restart the server, but that didnt solve anything, im able to reach webUIs but it takes forever to load and it doesnt load properly (partially loaded or css/js isnt working). After a ton of trying i was able to download the syslog file and the diag zip.

My version is: 6.9.2

Heres what ive found and tried:
It seems like the internet is working in very short periods, when i was downlaoding the diagnostics it first downloaded 15,4 kB then down speed went to 0 B/s and stayed like that till i got the "network error", i clicked "reconnect" and it downloaded another 15 kB, i did this till it was downloaded.

Sometimes the WebUI gets loaded but the functionallity and css is not propoerly loaded.

I tried accessing the WebUI from different devices but it was slow on all of them. I also tried booting in safe mode (no plugins, no GUI) but that didn't help either. Accessing any other WebUI (plex, radarr etc) is also super slow if it even loads at all. and my plex library isnt reachable either

I tried going through the syslog file but couldnt find anything that would indicate that something went wrong other than the clocks being out of sync (unraid said 4pm while it was 2am)

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did u solve it? and do u think its related to software or hardware? Last plugin i installed was last week when i installed the "Stats" plugin that displays network usage etc. But plugins doesnt seem to be the problem since its the same in safe mode.
Thanks!

forfamilj-diagnostics-20220321-1334.zip syslog

Edited by whyktor
20 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You should set a NTP server under Settings->Date and Time.   You can Google for suitable public NTP servers.

okay! is there anyway i could do that through the files in the boot device? cause even when im able to load the webui, the functionality isnt there, so if i change the settings the apply button doesnt light up, and clicking done doenst do anything :/

1 hour ago, whyktor said:

okay! is there anyway i could do that through the files in the boot device? cause even when im able to load the webui, the functionality isnt there, so if i change the settings the apply button doesnt light up, and clicking done doenst do anything :/

checked through all the files on the boot device but couldnt find anything containing time, date or ntp so i guess not? ill probably have to do it using the gui then.

dont know if correcting the timezone will fix my problem, but i do remember installing a vm on my windows pc and i couldnt access the internet till i corrected the timezone. so i have hopes!

This is what it looked like when i was trying to load the DateTime settings (I have safe mode on), since no js file was actually loaded there is no functionality, so clicking apply or done doesnt do anything :/

Could this mean that it is the SSD that is failing? i bought it this summer so its pretty new. Im also not able to load my plex libraries, which would be on my HDD. nor can i access the server through windows file explorer. So i guess it would not make sense that its my ssd...

Skärmbild 2022-03-22 110443.png

45 minutes ago, whyktor said:

checked through all the files on the boot device but couldnt find anything containing time, date or ntp so i guess not? ill probably have to do it using the gui then.

dont know if correcting the timezone will fix my problem, but i do remember installing a vm on my windows pc and i couldnt access the internet till i corrected the timezone. so i have hopes!

found the config file! i changed timezone to Europe/Berlin and used the ntp servers: se.pool.ntp.org
The syslog now seems to show the correct timestamps, however. i still get the "TIME_ERROR: 0x41: Clock Unsynchronized" error 🤔 ill attach it to this post if anyone wanna see how it looks. 

I looked through the file myself but couldnt find anything weird other than "lp: driver loaded but no devices found". what is that and does it matter?

syslog (1)

28 minutes ago, whyktor said:

The syslog now seems to show the correct timestamps, however. i still get the "TIME_ERROR: 0x41: Clock Unsynchronized" error 🤔 ill attach it to this post if anyone wanna see how it looks.

I think that it is probably quite normal to get that once during the startup sequence, but the system later contacts the NTP server to synchronize time.

58 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I think that it is probably quite normal to get that once during the startup sequence, but the system later contacts the NTP server to synchronize time.

okay that makes sense :) timezone is correct now, but my problem is still there. i have very little knowledge of how networks work, so im having a bit of trobule to know where to start looking. and im not even sure what the problem is. im get a connection but its just super slow if anything at all. when i searched in this forum most people with "slow connections" was getting atleast 10mb/s while im only getting like 15kB/m. im gonna try to switch the lan cable and hope that it works but it probably wont haha

Would it be logical of me to think its not a problem with the boot device, cache device or any of the hdds? feel like i can eliminate those since i cant access my plex libraries from a client either. which tells me its more of a connection issue.

i saw someone mentioning in another thread that they removed the SHH_ROOT_KEY, but they said it was recommended if they were of the size 0kB, which mine arent. would it be safe to delete these anyways? im gonna create a backup of my boot device first though

Edited by whyktor

UPDATE: I changed name of the network.cfg file to network.cfg.old (found it here)
i started the server with GUI, it works! i get 250mb up and down during speed test. so i guess its something locally?
I can now access my plex library, but webui is still slow as hell

Edited by whyktor