No WEBGui after cache ssd's died, so my server is down, please HELP!!

Go to solution Solved by Chris2NyCE,

Hello,

Two weeks ago I did put in 2 brand new SSD's (Verbatim VI550 S3), I did set them up in RAID 1 as a own Cache Pool in BFRFS.

I did then set my Docker (appdata) and System share to use this pool. Did run with problem first days, but did look kinda scatchy with that the temp did just show 40*C, it did not change at all, but it still not a high temp, so I did let it go.

After 3 days. the first SSD did just disconnect, so got a lot of errors, but I was not home to see or do anything, just got emails with the failure.

After night to day 4, the other SSD did disconnect, so now all my docker's did stop running. 

Got home and did have the WEBGui active, so I did shut the server down and tried to check if the was the sata or power cable, so did change them all. Tried then boot it up, did got up the WebGUI but no SSDs. So shut it back down.

Tried then connect the SSD's to my Windows but Windows did not dicover them, did even open the SSD's to see, and they got a LED light turn on when connected them to Windows, but did not show up.

So put in two other SSDs in the server to try to recover from the backup I hope did run 28.02.22. But now I get no WebGUI. I do get a SSH access. I can connect a screen to the server directly and see it boot up and get the log in at the end. Did try boot up with GUI, but that did just freeze the server.

So now I asking for help, Im up for anything, so please help me.

I will add 4 last diagnose, did make one 2 days ago with SSH access.

lucifer-diagnostics-20220312-2103.zip lucifer-diagnostics-20220310-1823.zip lucifer-diagnostics-20220310-1650.zip lucifer-diagnostics-20220319-1911.zip

Edited by ChillZwix
Change title
  • ChillZwix changed the title to No WEBGui after cache ssd's died, so my server is down, please HELP!!

BUMP!

I have tried download the flash stick backup from myserver, and created a new flashdrive, but do get the same problem.. Please healp anyone, over 2 weeks with the server down and I miss it alot..

EDIT: Even tryied disable SSL, bit still, no webGUI.. Just getting "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Edited by ChillZwix
2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Cache pool dying should have nothing to do with GUI access, start by disabling SSL, edit config/ident.cfg on the flash drive and change USE_SSL from "auto" to "no", then reboot, see if you can access the GUI using the IP address.

Thanks for helping!

I have tried that, still refused connection..

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Wasn't that the GUI boot? If safe boot freezes you have some serious issue, or a bad flash drive.

As I did write before your first post: 

"I have tried download the flash stick backup from myserver, and created a new flashdrive, but do get the same problem.. Please healp anyone, over 2 weeks with the server down and I miss it alot..

EDIT: Even tryied disable SSL, bit still, no webGUI.. Just getting "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED""

So I dont know anymore..

12 minutes ago, ChillZwix said:

and created a new flashdrive,

Was this a new installation or you used the old config? If it wasn't a new installation try booting with one, using a trial key, and again if safe mode or a new trial flash drive freezes you have some hardware issue, can't really help remotely.

12 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Was this a new installation or you used the old config? If it wasn't a new installation try booting with one, using a trial key, and again if safe mode or a new trial flash drive freezes you have some hardware issue, can't really help remotely.

If I try anything else then the normal boot at startup, the boot freeze.

New flash drive, old config with ssl diabled. I have a screen connected and I cant do commands, I can even SSH to the server. So anyway to chech with commands? 

Can you help me if you get access over Teamviewer, with a browser and a putty ssh access?

Like mentioned if the boot freezes in safe mode you likely have some hardware issue, would need to be onsite to be able to help, also I frequent the forum mostly when at work and time permits, can't really be doing one on one sessions with teamviwer or similar since I can't allot time for that.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ChillZwix said:

Also have testet that, only. MB, CPU and GPU with the flash drive is connected.. I dont understand.. 

Did you try loading a fresh unraid USB without your config. Just leave everything default. If that won’t load you have a hardware issue? Maybe RAM? Also try resetting Bios to defaults.

7 hours ago, xxnumbxx said:

Did you try loading a fresh unraid USB without your config. Just leave everything default. If that won’t load you have a hardware issue? Maybe RAM? Also try resetting Bios to defaults.

Thanks for helping. 

Bios is default. The server boot up as normal, I can see that with a screen connected. 

I can do SSH to the server too. So cant be the hardware. 

This is what I get:

20220326_215421.jpg

20220326_215601.jpg

i am having the EXACT same issue. Thought maybe my flash drive dropped out. SO i just bought a new one and installed from a zip backup. Still refuses to connect. 

All my hardware is new as of last week. Was working fine up until i rebooted after swapping cache drives (used Ca/backup restore and the server was running great). Powered down to remove the drive and it wont boot up.

I can see it prompt me to login on the monitor, but even if it launches the GUI with no pluggins, the firefox page that tried to load LOCAL, shows page not found

2022-03-26 18_14_14-root@Tower_ ~.png

Edited by Chris2NyCE
  • Solution

hey...i found a fix a user posted 6 hours ago...that referred back to a 2018 thread i think;

Basically, i just pulled my flash drive, popped into into my PC and went into the config folder then SSL...then deleted the entries within the SSL folder. 

Rebooted the Unraid box and BAM. im in and fully operational again 

• Thanks 2
9 hours ago, Chris2NyCE said:

hey...i found a fix a user posted 6 hours ago...that referred back to a 2018 thread i think;

Basically, i just pulled my flash drive, popped into into my PC and went into the config folder then SSL...then deleted the entries within the SSL folder. 

Rebooted the Unraid box and BAM. im in and fully operational again 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I did delete the files and the webGUI come back after reboot. 

So easy fix, thank you!! :D

56 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Good that you solved it but that doesn't explain why you could not boot using a flash drive with a new install, unless you never tried that like asked.

I did try a new flash, but with the same config, never a fresh unraid. That's why I did get the same problem.