Converting drive from RiserFS to XFS

Good afternoon everyone.

I have 1 final drive that I need to convert from RiserFS to XFS.  My 2nd to last drive failed along with my parity so I ended up begin forced to convert the drive to XFS.

Frankly I don't care if the parity is valid or not.  I just want this file system off my server.  My thought was ...

Pull the 3T drive that has RiserFS on it.  Execute a new config leaving that slot open for a new 10T drive I have coming.  In this state the parity will rebuild with the remaining 6 drives.

Once the new 10T drive arrives I will pre-clear the drive making sure its healthy then add it to the array in the same slot as the old 3T drive was in and re-start the array, which will again cause a parity rebuild.

Next I will use rsync to copy all the files from the old 3T RiserFS drive to the new 10T XFS drive.

I am fortunate as I only had 2 RiserFS drives left in my system  all the rest I have been using XFS ever since it was available.  

Any thoughts on this process?  I have taken a look a the documentation (not all of it mind you that is a lot of reading) but since I have already been through this process I could do it one more time.

24 minutes ago, SidebandSamurai said:

Once the new 10T drive arrives I will pre-clear the drive making sure its healthy then add it to the array in the same slot as the old 3T drive was in and re-start the array, which will again cause a parity rebuild

Adding a pre-cleared drive causes NO change to parity so it is added in seconds.   After adding it you need to format it but that only takes a few minutes.

You seem to have other stuff going on so I am unsure if this will help. I had 2 drives with RiserFS but overall everything was working, still I wanted to standardize on XFS for all. The way I did it was that when I added a new drive that was bigger, I used unBalance which is an app/plugin you can get thru CA. Then I moved all the files off the first old drive into the new one, wiped the old one and reformatted to XFS, then moved the files from the second old drive to the reformatted one then I reformatted the second.