Wanting to start over. ******Solved*******

Hello!!! 

Newbiee here! I would like to start my unraid server back up from scratch. Meaning I want the cache drive to be blank and my array to be blank as well. I dont care about losing the config or appdata as I want to start brand-new. I have my key downloaded on a separate machine. My windows 10 VM just stopped working out of no where. It was running perfectly fine then all of sudden it wouldn't play any of my games. My RTX 2070 is passthroughed, I already checked my 2070 on a different system to see if its my GPU that died or something crupted on my array. I understand that each time unraid boots its a "clean" install of unraid as it unpacks itself into RAM and operates there. 

I have tried the change of file system of each disk on the array and then changing it back to xfs causing the system to rewrite over the disk, which would solve my problem but didn't work (not sure if I did it correctly).

I also have tried turning off the array and going into the disk and click erase and then typing yes on the pop up should format the drive to zero but it didn't seem to work for me. Yes I also unmuted the parity drive and put it in a disk slot and did the same as the other drives, to prevent the parity disk to attempt to recover the files. Also not sure if I did that properly or not as all my data is there and functional. 

Please tell me how I can delete all the data on the array and cache drive so I can start brand new. The other reason why I want to start brand new is due to my shares being set up incorrectly and now I know how to set them up correctly, so they live on the cache drive and not the array and my Sonnar and raddar are also set up incorrectly (leaves duplicate files after S or R finishes the import process to my Plex folders). 

Edited by Raventhone
9 hours ago, Raventhone said:

click erase and then typing yes on the pop up should format the drive to zero but it didn't seem to work for me

How it didn't work ? Once erase disks, it become unmountable.

9 hours ago, Raventhone said:

I want to start brand-new.

Best only backup the license key file and re-create the USB.

Thank you! I see where it gives the format option now. How would I format the cache drive as well? 

Add-on question, after I format the drives, will my shares, dockers and things be as if it was a new install or will I also need to format the usb drive and move the key mover. Doe the USB UUID stay the same even after format.

8 hours ago, Raventhone said:

How would I format the cache drive as well?

If it's a SSD, the quickest way to erase it is blkdiscard /dev/sdX or /dev/nvmeX at the console, find the correct device on the main tab.

8 hours ago, Raventhone said:

Add-on question, after I format the drives, will my shares, dockers and things be as if it was a new install or will I also need to format the usb drive and move the key mover. Doe the USB UUID stay the same even after format.

USB GUID is constant, make a backup of the config folder, format the drive and use the USB creator tool or manually prepare the drive, then copy the license key out of your backup to the config folder on the stick.

• Raventhone changed the title to Wanting to start over. ******Solved*******