First unraid to replace RPi 4

Mossshine

Hi, I am currently using RPi 4 for few things but as expected, it's getting slow and overall unusable because of the ARM architecture and RAM limitation.

Also since everything runs on the same machine without docker images it's messy as hell and pain in the *** to recover stuff if anything happens when I tinker with it.

Since it needs to be online 24/7 and the hdds will be used almost all the time I would like to minimize power consumption as much as possible while not crippling the overall performance (don't want the CPU to drag its feet around, because I set TDP to the lowest and underclocked it to oblivion)

What I currently run:

• seafile + seahub server (acts both as file archival and active storage for music as NAS like)
  • adguard home
  • LAMP stack
  • wireguard
  • 3.5' 500gb system hdd and 3.5' 8tb data hdd (both external usb 3 drives)
  • many small web services (like small personal sites, image grabbers, work related stuff, browser music player that taps into the seafile server)

Now what I want to add on top:

• qbittorent with remote control and as NAS so I can access it
  • music encoding
  • gitlab and it's workers
  • another 8tb drive (since I need at least 2 because of parity) or ->> use 4x 5tb 2.5' laptop drivers to lower power consumption
  • a lot more of small web services (kind of need to, rather than want to)

Since I don't plan to use VMs extensively (maybe from time to time setup some game servers for Factorio/Terraria) and I do not plan to use HW passthrough, I was thinking that I would just buy something like this ryzen 5800U nuc, slap in single stick of 16GB unbuffered ecc ram (if I can), plug to it's nvme pcie port converter for sata connections for more drives and enjoy the 2.5Gib network port as I can even remotely fully saturate it (yay for kinda fast internet) and when I would need to encode some videos, the iGPU would come in handy.

This should keep the power consumtion to the minimum as it has basically laptop tier CPU rated for 10-25W TDP (adjustable, I would run it probably on 15W)

Is it a bad idea ? Like would you be so kind to point out issues that may come up?

If it's bad for my use case, any recommendations for relatively low power setup ? I was thinking of using ASRock X570D4U (it's expensive and probably utter overkill for my use case, but if I ever wanted to do more or upgrade it should be "easy" to do so) with my current ryzen 3600 once Zen 4 comes out this year.