Fans stuck at full speed

Hey everyone, I have my unraid server running on my HP DL380p Gen 8. A few weeks ago I had a power outage, and ever since then the fans have been stuck at full speed. The fans work normally during post, and the entire boot process, but as soon as it boots to unraid, they ramp up all the way. I downloaded the IPMI tools plugin, and the fans are not detected. Occasionally I am able to get the fans to stop with a random combination of reboots and uninstalling and reinstalling plugins, but it always only lasts a few minutes at most. The only thing that consistently stops them is if I reset iLO, but that still only works for about as long as it takes for iLO to finish rebooting. I've tried updating iLO, resetting the BIOS, and rebuilding my unraid boot drive (unrelated issue, it actually got corrupted). Curious if anyone's seen this before or knows how to resolve it

unraid-diagnostics-20220401-0228.zip

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 1:37 AM, Butch00772 said:

Hey everyone, I have my unraid server running on my HP DL380p Gen 8. A few weeks ago I had a power outage, and ever since then the fans have been stuck at full speed. The fans work normally during post, and the entire boot process, but as soon as it boots to unraid, they ramp up all the way. I downloaded the IPMI tools plugin, and the fans are not detected. Occasionally I am able to get the fans to stop with a random combination of reboots and uninstalling and reinstalling plugins, but it always only lasts a few minutes at most. The only thing that consistently stops them is if I reset iLO, but that still only works for about as long as it takes for iLO to finish rebooting. I've tried updating iLO, resetting the BIOS, and rebuilding my unraid boot drive (unrelated issue, it actually got corrupted). Curious if anyone's seen this before or knows how to resolve it

unraid-diagnostics-20220401-0228.zip 117.85 kB · 0 downloads

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same server with the same problem. thx