[SUPPORT] Sonarr-SMA

YeetShark

@randomninjaatk

First off, I’d like to say thank you for your Radarr-SMA docker for unRAID! I’m loving it. I’m posting to ask for some help, but want to give you a little background.

Just started using unRAID and I was so happy to find your docker. I’ve used mdhiggins’ Radarr-SMA and Sonarr-SMA dockers for years. When I first started using unRAID, I tried to convert mdhiggins’ dockers to unRAID docker format and have not been successful in getting hardware transcoding to work with an Intel iGPU. And then I found your Radarr-SMA docker! It works great. I added the UPDATE_SMA:TRUE variable and was able to update to mdhiggins’ latest SMA settings. This is important to me, as you’ll see below.

Now, I’m looking to accomplish the same with Sonarr-SMA. I looked in the apps section, and didn’t see your Sonarr-SMA listed. I tied to covert your standard Sonarr-SMA docker using the “Community Applications Conversion:true” setting and adding UPDATE_SMA:TRUE variable, but I have not been able to get mdhiggins’ latest SMA settings. This is important to me because he has recently added “[Audio.Sorting]” as a variable. I like my videos to have both AC3 5.1 and AAC 2.0 in them, with AC3 listed first. Converting your Sonarr-SMA docker to unRAID format works great and uses my Intel iGPU for video transcoding, and the audio transcodes great as well, but I can’t get the AC3 to be listed before the AAC in the mp4 container.

First, I was hoping you could re-create a Sonarr-SMA unRAID format docker, like you did for Radarr-SMA. I’m hoping if you do, then the UPDATE_SMA:TRUE variable will work. Second, I was hoping you would be willing to update your SMA settings to mdhiggins’ latest settings (although the UPDATE_SMA:TRUE should take care of this).

I’d love to help if I can - maybe be a test bed for you if needed.

Again, I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you have done, I really appreciate it and thank you for any support you can provide.

Edited by YeetShark
Grammatical errors

Wonderful!  Thank so much @randomninjaatk!

Quick question, if you don't mind. I'm not sure how docker update notifications should happen. I know from time to time, I get notified that there is an update available for a docker, and then I do an "update". (I don't have Auto Update Applications turned on for dockers yet, as I'm still playing with them).

I've noticed there were two times when I clicked on "force update" for Radarr-sma and an update was pulled and updated. I have yet to receive a notification that an update for the Radarr-sma docker was available. I just happened to check.

Should I be getting notified when an update to your dockers are available, or is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks again for all your hard work!

I think that containers and plugins updates is among the many thing that the plugin Fix Common Problems checks. If something is not up to date, the plugin sends a notification.

In any case, most of the time, you don't need an update.

If it works, it can wait a few days.

If it does not work, I tend to hit the Check update button on a regular basis and/or check the support page here or wherever.

• Upvote 1

Thanks @randomninjaatk and @ChatNoir.

I have "Auto Update Applications" installed and it works. I get notified for mdhiggins radarr-sma and sonarr-sma dockers (I have them installed, but not running right now). Since your Dockers are based on his, I thought I would get update notifications for yours around the same time as his. Truthfully, I'm not sure how Dockers get update notifications, except through the "auto update applications." I really appreciate all your hard work, just trying to understand how it all works. :D

P.S. - @randomninjaatk, I took your advice and reached out on discord.