Need to replace parity drive with errors.

My unraid server currently consists of 6 X 2TB drives in the array and one 4TB parity drive. The parity drive has 133 errors (SMART overall-health: passed) after performing a parity check about two weeks ago. I want to replace the parity drive with a single 16TB drive and the array with 2 x 8TB drives. The new drives have been pre-cleared. Given the existing errors I have on the only parity drive I have, what is the recommended way to go about this? Since there are no errors on any of my six drives in the array, would it be better to gracefully shut the server down swap out the old 4TB parity drive with the new 16TB drive and rebuild parity?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

boost

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 12.30.56 AM.png

ST4000DM004-2CV104_ZFN1M8KJ-20220403-0030.txt

8 minutes ago, Boost said:

would it be better to gracefully shut the server down swap out the old 4TB parity drive with the new 16TB drive and rebuild parity?

This would work.

however another approach might be to do use Tools->New Config and set up the array with the drives you intend to keep and then start the array to build parity based on the new drives and format them.   You could then mount the old drives as Unassigned Devices and copy their content to the new array.