docker on unraid is ridiculous

PFC

I am having THE WORST time trying to figure out how to properly use docker on unraid! so the unraid template for WordPress is garbage, I need to customize the container and there is no real how to or anything on how to go about doing so. i keep hearing .yml is where I can get WordPress to pass port 443 through but how on earth can I access the .yml through the dashboard. have not even found a good spaceinvaderone video on  how to edit containers outside of the template. I'm just at a loss, I want to use wordpress end of story. https is a nightmare specially since im using nginx proxy manager in front of it. I have a nginx site behind proxy manager that works awesome so I would kind of like to use the nginx-wordpress container on docker hub but can not figure out how to install that on unraid coz it brings up a template page and there is no actual general how to on that either. I'm lost and am having a hard time finding any suggestions that actually help