All drives are missing

I recently updated my power supply and now no mechanical drives are showing.

I have 8 on a backplane connected to an LSI card and 1 connected to onboard SATA. NONE are showing up in unRAID.

I figured there was something wrong with the PSU and swapped back...same issue.

I'm thoroughly stumped on this. All NVME drives are there. I have 1 SATA SSD connected to the MB SATA port, and it shows up. None of my spinning drives are showing...or spinning as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions are welcome, because I've pulled out what little hair I had on this one.

4 hours ago, dojesus said:

Yes it is modular and I've changed port positions and cables. Even putting old PSU back in didn't change anything.

If you left ANY of the leads from the old PSU connected to the drives and connected the new PSU to them, it likely burnt out the circuit boards on the drives.

There are companies online that can help with board replacement, it's typically much cheaper than full drive recovery.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, JonathanM said:

There are companies online that can help with board replacement, it's typically much cheaper than full drive recovery.

I believe I've tracked down all the replacement circuit boards for all the drives on ebay.

Thanks for the advice.

6 hours ago, dojesus said:

I believe I've tracked down all the replacement circuit boards for all the drives on ebay.

Thanks for the advice.

Some drive models require transplanting parts from the dead board to the donor board, if you are attempting this recovery yourself be sure to get all the relevant info specific to your particular drives.

• Like 1
On 4/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, JonathanM said:

Some drive models require transplanting parts from the dead board to the donor board, if you are attempting this recovery yourself be sure to get all the relevant info specific to your particular drives.

Only 1 drive requires a rom swap.

Thanks for the heads up.