Home Assistant VM doesn't get network access

Go to solution Solved by Brandonb1987,

I've been pouring over everything I can find for the last several hours. I cannot seem to get my Home Assistant (fresh install) VM to pull a network address from my routers dhcp.

Yes i have the network bridged and bonded. All my dockers work on br0, but if i set the VM's network to br0, i can't seem to get an IP or local access to the VM.

If i set it to Virtbr0, that gives a network address but I use 10.1.10.x/24 on br0 and virtbr0 is 192.x.x.x/24. And I can't access that either through the network. Tried using hostnames, nada.

What do I need to do to get this working. I use pfSense as my network dhcp/dns server.

6 minutes ago, Brandonb1987 said:

Let me clarify. pfsense is trying to offer that option address. So it’s going though. It doesn’t show up as a leased IP address.

The VM hasn’t accepted it. 

I cannot access home assistant vm through that address. 

Sorry I was going to edit the reply but you sent one first

No much idea, but HA not ack the DHCP OFFER from to Pfsense, for example, 10.1.30.162 have ACK Pfsense.

BTW, it look like Pfsense can't transmit data to HA, but can receive HA's request, because Pfsense have receive 4 request from HA in short-time. It looklike Pfsense have one-way communication between HA.

image.thumb.png.5e5a960372b72108b764fb3e95d0e3c6.png

Edited by Vr2Io