Can Inter 11th gen processors enable hardware decoding on UNRAID?(N5095)

6 minutes ago, always67 said:

forgive my ignorance.Too many people pay attention to the 12th generation,I can't find information about the 11th generation. And Jasperlake's GPU is actually same as Comet Lake

No, that‘s not entirely true, you have a low power chip where it is something entirely different where GUC and HUC needs to be enabled for the iGPU to fully work.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, that‘s not entirely true, you have a low power chip where it is something entirely different where GUC and HUC needs to be enabled for the iGPU to fully work.

This is the most important place, on 6.9.2 I can enable GUC and HUC by adding ‘i915.force_probe=4e71 i915.enable_guc=2’ in /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.cfg however all methods fail on 6.10

1 hour ago, always67 said:

This is the most important place, on 6.9.2 I can enable GUC and HUC by adding ‘i915.force_probe=4e71 i915.enable_guc=2’ in /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.cfg however all methods fail on 6.10

I have to look into it if I can get a board like yours and test it myself why it fails. Have to look into it what they cost over here.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:56 PM, ich777 said:

I have to look into it if I can get a board like yours and test it myself why it fails. Have to look into it what they cost over here.

'The kernel parameter i915.enable_guc=2 must be added to the Linux hw decode of all Jasper Lake processors, because the VME of this processor has been castrated and can only do EncSliceLP encoding in VAAPI. If you don't add it, you can't do rate control. In addition, linux-firmware must not be missing.Several of QNAP's new cameras are crippled because of lack of firmware.'

I found this passage on the forum, is the linux firmware for unraid 6.10 rc missing?

On 4/28/2022 at 5:09 AM, tjb_altf4 said:

I've got an N6005 coming for use as a pfsense box, but was planning on testing some other use cases also... happy to help with testing to get hw acceleration working when/if it arrives :)

When it arrives and you are testing it please let me know if it's the same as for @always67, we already have a workaround for this on 6.10.0-rc5

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

When it arrives and you are testing it please let me know if it's the same as for @always67, we already have a workaround for this on 6.10.0-rc5

It'll be a few weeks off yet, shipping has been delayed again due to lockdowns over in China, so won't arrive before stable releases (or will it? 🤣)

• Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

With the patch applied since 6.10.0rc8 everything should work fine. :)

Having a bit of trouble, might have missed something, have gone through the following steps:

• install intel_gpu_top plugin    
  • echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf
  • reboot
  • connected hdmi
  • reboot
  • i915.enable_guc=3
  • reboot

I can see transcoding kick in for a second in intel_gpu_top (identifies cpu/gpu correctly), but them it falls back to cpu transcoding.

Running on Unraid 6.10.1

Edited by tjb_altf4
5 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Having a bit of trouble, might have missed something, have gone through the following steps:

• install intel_gpu_top plugin    
  • echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf
  • reboot
  • connected hdmi
  • reboot
  • i915.enable_guc=3
  • reboot

I can see transcoding kick in for a second in intel_gpu_top (identifies cpu/gpu correctly), but them it falls back to cpu transcoding.

Running on Unraid 6.10.1

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/121267-11代cpu-n6005-610-rc3-docker硬解的正确打开方式?(解决了!!!)/

8 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Running on Unraid 6.10.1

Did you try it with Plex? Maybe also try it with Jellyfin.

What is the output from:

ls -la /dev/dri

Can you upload your Diagnostics please?

@always67 does it work on your machine?

Just now, ich777 said:

Did you try it with Plex? Maybe also try it with Jellyfin.

What is the output from:

ls -la /dev/dri

Can you upload your Diagnostics please?

@always67 does it work on your machine?

I tried it with your Jellyfin container, and Emby official (I have premiere)

Both recognized and provided quicksync and vaapi options under transcoding options

root@UNRAIDVM:~# ls -la /dev/dri
total 0
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root       100 May 23 01:32 ./
drwxr-xr-x 15 root root      3280 May 23 01:33 ../
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root        80 May 23 01:32 by-path/
crwxrwxrwx  1 root video 226,   0 May 23 01:32 card0
crwxrwxrwx  1 root video 226, 128 May 23 01:32 renderD128

note: while the name is UNRAIDVM, it is running on baremetal :)

image.png.250dc625b196e04d18e495cb5d70af00.png

video blips ~2% at start, then it reverts to cpu transcode

unraidvm-diagnostics-20220523-1650.zip

11 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Both recognized and provided quicksync and vaapi options under transcoding options

This is really strange, it looks like everything is working and initialized properly.

Can you maybe also send over the transcoding log after starting a transcode?

57 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

transcode logs added

This is really strange since it probes against QuickSync and VAAPI and returns that it's successful, after it tries to transcode with VAAPI it fails and ultimately falls back to software encoding.

@always67 what have you set in your transcoding settings in Emby?