Hidden partial files on array when mover fails due to not enough space

Go to solution Solved by tronyx,

I've run across an issue where several times mover has failed to complete transfers from cache to array disks due to lack of space.

The files on array disks show up on MC as .filename.flac which isn't the full file based on size. After making space i was able to get it to move over and ended up with filename.flac as well as .filename.flac

Is there a way to search my array disks for other partial files to delete them all? 

Just as I only noticed the partials while trying to free up space, and they could be littered all over the array disks wasting space.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 

• 8 months later...
  • Solution
WARNING! These examples may crash your computer and delete all files if executed inappropriately.

Before removing any files, ensure you have a backup of all critical files. I am not responsible for any data loss. 

Login to the Server via SSH and run the following command to find the files across all shares:

find /mnt/user/ -type f -name "*.partial"

Then, if everything looks okay, you can run this command to find AND delete them:

find /mnt/user/ -type f -name "*.partial" -delete

• Thanks 1