[PLUGIN] ZFS Master

Iker

1 hour ago, HumanTechDesign said:

Great new updates, working flawlessly! Thank you once more!

When it comes to encryption, I might have another feature request (although I'm not sure if that is something for your plugin or on the ZFS for Unraid plugin side):....

The commands you show are the same as the plugin currently uses, and I have found some of the issues you mention, particularly with the key unload. I'm unsure what type of notification plugins receive once the shutdown/array stop has started; I will look into this and get back if I find something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all
I am having trouble defining the correct LUA patterns.
My ZFS tree looks like this:

image.thumb.png.5443b20e1e89fbc54e52cee16d4ee433.png

I would like to filter out (not display) all records with lower case letters and numbers with a length greater than 60 characters. 
The folders CloudBeaver, Minecraft and apacheguacamole should still be visible.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? under regex it was simple. My regex:  /^nvme\/Docker\/[0-9a-z]{64}/ 

Thanks for the help.
Andi

4 hours ago, andber said:

Hello all
I am having trouble defining the correct LUA patterns....

Please be aware that Lua Patterns are not equivalent to Regex. Your use case seems to be more than Lua Pattern could handle, my suggestion is to create another dataset/volume exclusively for Docker Files so you could filter that dataset from view.

02601e402ca98cc83817695bd00d7bd186fdc910706df0c22715648fcedfa259
029575bd645b76b459a8355560fa0cf8e67cfa0d68d85c0b4a6f9d3539b09d70
0cbe30f9fe37bf450a48e68eff7172c30befc57c889e3b329da24fbd684f89a5
06fd8ae3e9acf4650afb15b5ddb7de33821adb348e2034919b1e2ab504fb80f7

Thank you for your hast help Iker!
Next time i set up unraid i will do it the way you told me. For the moment i hav put in the pattern "64 dots" like above and all docker state drives are gone. I think this is because the length of the name is exactly 64 characters ...
image.png.792e9e41026ad31523611cc548a38eeb.png

does not look "nice", but works :)

image.thumb.png.226bf08af0c54ce454099c31ec83fa26.png

Wow, that's very clever! I'm not that Docker savvy, but yeah, I assume that volumes names are just 32 bytes hashes (64 bytes hex). I'm so sorry about all the mess with the patterns; but it really worth the trouble, thanks to that the load times were reduced to half.

Hey Iker 
Your Plugin is just awesome!! 

I don't mind the lua patterns, even though I am a regex fan.

If it were confirmed that Docker always uses 32bytes hashes, would it be possible to turn them off globally in the configuration of your plugin with a checkbox? So that a second pattern can still be used? -> But this could have the side effect that it is slow again, and if a path has exactly 64 characters, it might also be hidden .... im not a programmer :)

Thank you for your work!
Andi

Edited by andber
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 1:17 AM, andber said:

Hey Iker 
Your Plugin is just awesome!! 

I don't mind the lua patterns, even though I am a regex fan.

If it were confirmed that Docker always uses 32bytes hashes, would it be possible to turn them off globally in the configuration of your plugin with a checkbox? So that a second pattern can still be used? -> But this could have the side effect that it is slow again, and if a path has exactly 64 characters, it might also be hidden .... im not a programmer :)

Thank you for your work!
Andi

Perhaps it would be possible to have the checkbox do an initial filter of the 32byte-length names, with a warning that it could potentially slow down additional filtering? The "64 dots" fix got rid of my earlier issue too. :) 

Hi, could you please share which version of unraid are you using; this is the first time that I have hear about that problem and I'm not completely sure if it related to the plugin or unraid itself.

Edited by Iker

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate this situation; I have uninstalled and deleted the plugin folder and associated files here and there (plugins removed folder included) and reinstalled the plugin without any problems. My best guess at this point is that there are some other tasks from the action center that haven't been completed, and that's why the installation is stuck in a "pending" state; you can try to install another plugin and check if that succeds, restart unRaid and try again or look for help in the correspondig unRaid 6.11.0 thread.

Edited by Iker
5 hours ago, TheThingIs said:

Other plugins install fine. The only thing that stands out to me is that there was a requirement to install zfs plugin which I already had installed so maybe it can't see that it's already installed.

Thanks for looking into it though, I'll post in the 6.11 thread as you suggested.

Indeed there is a requirement that the ZFS Plugin has to be installed; however, it is just declared on the ZFS Master manifest but not enforced in any way (at least in my code).

I hit the "scrub pool" button in main. The scrub completed, but now my data seems to be AWOL. zpool list shows the same capacity and used space, but when I access the share either by samba or by winscp the directory is empty.

Oddly the info shown by "properties" under windows of the share is half the size of the pool (2.68T as opposed to 7.27TB shown by zpool list).

9 hours ago, jamesy829 said:

Hi @IkerI was on v6.10.3 and seeing the below issue so I reinstalled the plugin but I'm still seeing the error. I tried upgraded to unraid v6.11.0 but the error still persisted.image.thumb.png.21181449438969a4cf5bad308dafbef1.png

Any recommendation?

Which plugin version are you using?

7 hours ago, Jimbo7136 said:

I hit the "scrub pool" button in main. The scrub completed, but now my data seems to be AWOL. zpool list shows the same capacity and used space, but when I access the share either by samba or by winscp the directory is empty.

Oddly the info shown by "properties" under windows of the share is half the size of the pool (2.68T as opposed to 7.27TB shown by zpool list).

This seems to be more a ZFS Problem than plugin problem, please post in the ZFS Plugin thread the output of your zpool command.

6 hours ago, jamesy829 said:

I'm using ZFS Master version 2022.08.21.54

It's possible that one of your pools doesn't have any datasets?, I mean, that's the only thing that comes to my mind that could case that error; if that not the case, please send me a PM with the result (in text) of the following command:

zpool list -v

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, thany said:

Can I just ask the one stupid question? :)

I don't have any pools yet, so how do I actually create one?..

Unfortunately, that is not currently possible through this plugin, you must use the command line for the pool creation process.

• 3 weeks later...

I created a raidz-1 pool from 3 4TB drives.

I then created one dataset and uploaded my files.

I'm a little confused on the USED and FREE columns shown and what they represent.

Is the pool USED column showing the space used for data plus parity?  And the dataset USED column is just space used for data not including parity?

For the dataset FREE column, does this represent free space with expected parity?  For instance could I really upload 4.51 TB in screenshot shown?  Or should I assume I only have 2/3rd that space due to parity.

image.png.d3d539d29a9746a70b1c59507e6eaa80.png

5 hours ago, fwiler said:

For the dataset FREE column, does this represent free space with expected parity?  For instance could I really upload 4.51 TB in screenshot shown?  Or should I assume I only have 2/3rd that space due to parity.

image.png.d3d539d29a9746a70b1c59507e6eaa80.png

The info is the same that the commands "zpool list" and "zfs list" prints; with that being said; in the pool "size" reports the entire size including parity (Thats for for raidz1, for mirror it's just the size of one disk). Used, and free columns includes parity as well; so no, from the pool you are not able to know how much space available for data you have.

For datasets things are different, the used should report the actual ammount of data in the dataset, and free space reports the reamining usable space or quota for the dataset. So yes you should be able to use the entire 4.51 TB

Edited by Iker
  • Like 1